Na gatchi haengbokhan (A Happy Guy Like Me)

No Other

 

Ryeowook’s POV

“Hyung! What do I do?!” Henry whined to me for the umpteenth time. Aish! This kid. He’s really adorable, but totally innocent. “It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I want to do something for Zhou Mi so he’ll fall in love with me.” I sighed. Ever since Zhou Mi joined our school, Henry has had a huge crush on him.

“Well…have you even talked to the guy?” I looked at Henry expectantly, but noticed that his lips turned to a frown. I sighed. “Why don’t you go up to the guy and start talking to him? You only have a few days left.” The excitement shone in Henry’s eyes.

“You’re so right! Kamsahae hyung!” Henry happily puffed his cheeks, and I couldn’t resist the urge to pinch them. He’s so adorable! Henry skipped off, probably going to meet up with Sungmin and find a way to go talk to Mi. I sighed again, before returning to my previous task of washing my car. As my hands were occupied, my mind started to wander away, my thoughts leading to when I first met my Turtle.

***

“WOOKIE-AH!” Donghae screamed, slightly out of breath. I can tell he ran the entire way to tell me the latest school gossip. He waited for a minute before launching into his tale.

“So there are new students coming to Neul Paran high school. From what I hear, they’re really cute. Maybe we’ll let them be in our group! How exciting!” We haven’t even met them yet, and Donghae is already imagining one of them to be his future boyfriend. I was a taken back by what he said.

Letting people into our group? Ever since our first year, it has been my best friends and I. Our group consisted of Henry Lau, Cho Kyuhyun, Lee  Sungmin, Lee  Donghae, Choi Siwon, Park Jungsu (or Leeteuk), Kim Heechul, Han Geng (or his Korean name, Han Kyung), Shin Donghee (or as we call him, Shindong), and I. We were known as the flower boys of Neul Paran. We were the best in everything, and we were the most popular guys here. Since we’re all best friends, it’s rare for us to let people into our group. We’re perfectly content with just the ten of us. We do everything together. We are the dance and singing group of the school (we like to call ourselves Super Junior), and many of us are on student council.

Everyone in the school knows that we’re gay, except for Shindong. They figured that out when Hankyung and Heechul started dating openly. Heechul is our Ice Princess, and doesn’t really care what people say to him. Most people are scared of him anyway. He’s only sort of nice to our group. Hankyung loves Heechul so much, he doesn’t mind what people say about him. Following Heechul and Hankyung’s example, Kyuhyun and Sungmin admitted to be dating as well. One by one, the rest of us admitted to liking guys, except Shindong, who had a girlfriend named Nari.

“YAH! KIM RYEOWOOK!” Donghae yelled at the top of his lungs, effectively breaking me out of my thoughts. When he noticed that I was paying attention, he gave me an annoyed look. “We’re going to be late for class.” And with that, we ran the rest of the way to our classroom.

When we reached the classroom, I saw that there was someone sitting next to my seat. All I could see was the top of his head, as he was bent over the desk. I sat down, hearing soft whispers coming from the person next to me. He sat up, but his jet black hair covered his face. It was then that I noticed a small turtle on our desk. It was so cute!

“Alright Ddangkoma, time for class.” A beautiful voice said. The mystery person turned to face me, and I was hypnotized. He was beautiful. I was captivated by his eyes. Those obsidian eyes, that amazing face, that soft voice.

“Hello? My name is Kim Jongwoon, but please call me Yesung. My brothers and I are new here. And you are?” this amazing person asked. I took a deep breath and answered in my cheery voice that most of Super Junior find adorable.

“Hi! I’m Kim Ryeowook. Who’s this little adorable guy?” I said, pointing to the turtle. I looked to Yesung’s face, noticing that his eyes sparkled when I asked him about his turtle.

“This is Ddangkoma. He’s my pet turtle, and my best friend. I don’t go anywhere without him. Say hi to Ryeowook, Ddangkoma!” I giggled, something that was not rare. I’ve been told I act a bit girly. Soon, Yesung’s laugh filled my ears, and it was the most melodic sound I have ever heard.

“I think I might keep you around, Kim Ryeowook. Usually people think I’m weird because I carry my turtle around with me.” Yesung started to frown, and my heart hurt to see him upset. I must’ve lost my mind because the next thing I know, I placed a finger under his chin to bring his head up and make his eyes meet mine.

“I definitely don’t think you’re weird, Yesung-hyung.” Before I could process what was going on, Yesung leaned in and kissed my cheek. I could feel the blood and warmth rushing to my cheeks as Yesung just chuckled. He then took my hand, under the table, and intertwined our fingers.

***

I felt something moving on my shoulder, which broke me out of my memory. I quickly looked around; trying to see what was on me. All I saw was green, as warm hands wrapped around my waist.

“Hey, baby.” Yesung’s warm voice filled my ears, and I was in heaven.