Check On

His Eyes

 

It was the day of the auction and Soo Ah looked at her dress disdainfully.

“This .” She murmured.

“No it doesn’t!!!” Soo Ah jolted when Eunji came up behind her.

“What the—“ She shook her head. “Did my mom let you in?”

“Yup! And she seems to be more excited about this than any regular mom.”

“She wants me to become more social.” Eunji snorted.

“Yeah, like selling you off would make you more social.”

“Exactly.”

“ANYWAAAAAY, you should go get ready. We can’t have your buyers waiting~~”

“Eww!!!” Soo Ah sighed as she threw the dress one more look before heading towards the bathroom.

 

*******

After an hour and a half of struggling with make up and hairstyles, with the help of professional stylists Soo Ah’s mother hired, the two were finally done preparing.

“W—woah, you look seriously killer!!!” Eunji’s busan accent came out and Soo Ah chuckled.

“Jeongmal~?” She asked in a busan accent as well. She went in front of the mirror and made a disgusted face. “Ehh, I look like a girl! Gross!!”

Eunji rolled her eyes. “Which you are!”

“And this dress is one or two sizes smaller! Just look at the length of this dress! It’s above my knees!”

“You’re such a grandma!” She complained, “No wait, my grandma is waaaay cooler than you!”

“Your definition of cool isn’t really credible.” Soo Ah retorted.

“Ya!!!” Eunji slapped her arm. “Let’s go, picture taking with your mom is probably gonna take up half an hour and we’re almost late.”

 

*******

 

Soo Ah and Eunji rode the car to school. “I can’t believe my mom said that, I am so sorry.” She shook her head.

*******

“Eunji-ah, make sure Soo Ah gets along with the nice, handsome boys instead of the ugly ones. I want to have handsome grandchildren~”

*******

“Hey, she was only concerned about your future offspring.”

“Shut up.”

Silence ensued for another half minute until Soo Ah spoke up hesitantly.

“What if nobody bids for me?”

Eunji almost choked on the bottle of juice she was drinking. “Did I hear right? Are you actually worried?”

Soo Ah blushed. “Well, I don’t want to lose face you know!”

Eunji tsked. “Eyy, gwenchana! I’m sure there will be at least 5 guys who will bid for you. That’s an understatement. And besides, if no one bids for you, which is impossible, we can just hang out with Sungjongie. He’s been asking me to send him pictures of you in the dress he picked out for you.”

Soo Ah chuckled. “Yah, is Sungjongie… you know… … gay?”

Eunji shrugged. “Well, it would be really cool if he was, but he isn’t.”

“Hmm… so he’s just really effeminate.” Soo Ah concluded.

*******

“We’re here, ma’am!” The driver said as he broke the two up from their chatter.

Soo Ah sighed. “Thanks, ahjussi.” She got down the car and Eunji followed. “I’ll call if I need to be picked up.”

“Ye. Have a good night.” With that, he sped off—ruining Soo Ah’s final escape plan.

*******

Daehyun was dressed in a casually put together suit and tie. He quickly turned around when he saw Dasom waving eagerly at him from backstage. He was roving around the function hall as he was on student council duties. Honestly, he didn’t like these kinds of activities. It was wasteful and was something Yongguk, B.A.P’s leader, tried to avoid. But he had responsibilities and it led him here.

“Oh, Daehyun-ah!” Sungjong called. He was with the INFINITE members. “Student council duties?” He nodded as he acknowledged Sungjong and s.

“Hyung, are you searching for someone?” He asked when he noticed L casually turning his head in every direction.

“Oh?” He paused and looked at Daehyun then smiled. “No, I was just wondering where the candidates are.”

“They’re probably backstage.” Dongwoo chimed in.

“It’s kind of surprising you’re here in this kind of event, hyung.” Daehyun chuckled. “Are you bidding?”

“I didn’t really wanna come.” He seemed to think for a bit. “But, I wanted to help out the tree planting project of the Estelles.”

“Reaaaaally? It’s not because of our pretty Soo Ah?” Woohyun teased and L visibly stiffened. Daehyun frowned. “Too bad ‘cause I’ll be bidding for her todaaaaay and I’ll win!”

“In your dreams.” L retorted and patted Daehyun’s shoulder before leaving for drinks.

“Dae? Daehyun-aaaaaaah!!!” Sungjong waved a hand in front of his face. “Youngjae’s been calling you for a while now.” He motioned to Daehyun’s phone. “Well then, bye!” He said as he followed after L.

Daehyun snapped out of his trance.

“Oh, Jae? Where are you?” He asked as he continued his patrol.

*******

Soo Ah fell in line. She was the 2nd person to the right of the line as she was the 9th Estelle candidate. It was her first time actually studying the faces (smothered in make up) of the other candidates and she noted that they were really pretty indeed. She frowned, feeling out of place. ‘No, don’t worry Soo Ah. You shouldn’t care about those kinds of things anymore.’ She thought to herself.

“Hi, Go Soo Ah, right?” The 10th placer, Soyu, greeted. She hesitated before replying turning to Soyu and acknowledging her.

“Yes, hi. Soyu-ssi?”

“Just call me unnie.” The girl winked and she nodded awkwardly. ‘She seems nice… Well, Dasom and Jiyeon did too but look how that turned out.’ She thought to herself. “Are you nervous?” She asked, a bit fidgety.

“Not really.” Soo Ah replied and smiled apologetically.

“I have stage fright. Honestly, I only want to become an Estelle because my mother was one. I mean, I could care less about this whole childish auction. Why don’t they just have a garage sale or a bake sale?”

“Makes sense.” Soo Ah chuckled. “Glad to know I wasn’t the only one thinking that.” Soyu smiled at her.

“Anyway, let’s just get this over with so I can return to my boyfriend.”

“Oh, you have a boyfriend?” Soo Ah asked. She mentally slapped herself. She has to learn how to control her tongue. Soyu nodded.

“Yup. His name’s JungGi. He’s the one buying me later.” Soyu winked at her. “I told him to spend, but not too much.”

“Ah.” Soo Ah nodded in understanding.

“Don’t worry. I bet guys would really bid for you.” Soyu smiled as she looked over Soo Ah. “You’re so gorgeous.” Soo Ah blushed.

“Please don’t flatter me.” She replied. “Un-unnie, is much prettier.” She stuttered. Soyu blushed this time and linked her arm with Soo Ah.

“Call me unnie again!”

“Soyu unnie?” Soo Ah repeated and Soyu giggled.

Dasom and Jiyeon passed by the two of them. “How cute, the two bottom-placers ganging up together.” Jiyeon commented.

“Sorry, my friend has a habit of telling the truth.” Dasom smiled apologetically. Dasom pretended to chide her as they left.

“Oh? She must be a true friend then, not telling you how your make up makes you look like a clown tonight.” Soo Ah smiled back and Dasom blushed as she turned to Jiyeon.

“Sh-shut up, Go Soo Ah!” Jiyeon shouted as they scurried away.

“Wow, what a .” The girl beside Soo Ah commented. Soyu agreed.

“Ah, I’m Kang Jiyoung.” She greeted. “We’re in the same year level.” She smiled shyly.

“Nice meeting you.” Soyu said as she shook Jiyoung’s hand that was hanging in the air. She nudged at Soo Ah and Soo Ah merely shrugged and acknowledged Jiyoung.

“Alright, Estelles!” Nana, the tall skinny junior who was always with Minkyung, went up to them. “Just like we practiced. Soyu is going first, followed by Soo Ah, Jiyoung,  Junghwa, Hayoung, Chorong, Kaeun, Yura, Naeun, and then Dasom. Just walk the runway and then fall back in line at the center of the stage. Then, we’ll have the quick intermission number and then you guys will all fall in line again. The mc will then start the bidding with Soyu. Do you get it?” They all responded with a yes. “Good. Good luck!” With that, she turned to hug Naeun and Dasom.

In no time, the music started playing and Soyu was instructed to walk to the stage and walk the runway. Screams could be heard as soon as Soyu came out. The mc started to introduce her. She smiled at the crowd and waved to her boyfriend.

“Our 9th Estelle, we have, Go Soo Ah!” Soo Ah sighed and walked to the stage. The spot light blinded her temporarily, causing her to close one eye. The crowd roared. “Go Soo Ah is a transferee from Busan. She likes music, sports and… politics.” The mc said belatedly. “She’s also currently a forced member of the student council and was a competitive swimmer.” The crowd laughed at the word ‘forced’. Soo Ah went to the end of the runway and tried to smile as twirled in her dress. The crowd screamed again.

“Soo Ah saranghae!!!” She heard one guy scream and realized it was Woohyun. She chuckled. She noted that Daehyun was by the DJ’s booth and was casually leaning against it. She sent him a playful smile and he shook his head as he chuckled. She bade the crowd goodbye as she turned and walked to stand beside Soyu. They held hands.

***********

The next Estelles all went out smoothly. With the exception of Hayoung who tripped quite a bit in the middle of the stage. A lot of male students helped her up though.

The crowd was now watching an intermission number by the school’s ballet club as the candidates rested for a bit and readied for their number.

“Yah, I didn’t know the transfer student was that pretty.” L overheard one of the upperclassmen say.

“Yeah, I might bid for her after all!” His friend said excitedly. “She’s a cutie.”

L cleared his throat and the two looked at him. “Sunbae, what are you going to do with a boring girl like that? Don’t you know she dresses like a grandma?”

“Ya, L, who cares if she’s boring. She’s seriously pretty!”

L scoffed. “It’s all that make up, don’t be fooled.” Sungjong raised a brow at his hyung. “That girl is seriously unattractive. Just bid for that girl, Dasom or something.”

“You’re not telling us this so you can bid on the transfer student, are you?” The first guy wiggled his brows and L blushed.

“Are you stupid?”

“Sorry, but don’t worry, we won’t blame you if you do.”

“Yeah, hyung.” Sungjong chimed in. “I’ll bid for her too, and then if I win, you can pay me so you get to be the highest bidder.” L just punched him on the arm and Sungjong cackled in laughter.

******

Daehyun sat beside the DJ, Junhyung. He was a graduate a year ago and agreed to help out the Estelles.

He overheard a couple of guys talking about who they were bidding for. His brows furrowed when he overheard them talking about Soo Ah. He slammed his clipboard to the table and Junhyung, who was listening to the conversation, jolted in surprise.

“Daehyun-ssi, you surprised us!” One of the guys chuckled nervously.

“Sorry, my hand slipped.” He said apologetically and they nodded, deciding to get some food before the next part of the program starts.

He sighed as he shook his head. “What’s with the sigh?” Junhyung asked.

“Nothing, hyung.”

“Oh?” He chuckled. “Is this about the auction? I know how you hate these things.”

“Nah, I’m kind of not concerned about it anymore.”

“Then, is it a girl?” He noted his dongsaeng’s reaction to the conversation earlier.

Daehyun didn’t hesitate. “Hyung, there’s this… girl.”

Junhyung raised his right brow in interest. “A girl?” He feigned surprise. “Please do explain.”

“She’s that… the transferee.” Daehyun waited for Junhyung’s reaction. Seeing there was none, he continued. “She’s in my class…”

“Ah, the one who was forced to be in the student council? Was that you?” He asked, already interested. Daehyun nodded in embarrassment. “So why don’t you bid for her?”

“H-hyung! How is that even possible?!”

Junhyung gave him a look. “…Because this is a human auction?” Daehyun’s face met the palm of his hand. “It’s not a big deal. Just treat it as helping a girl out.”

“Nah, it probably won’t be proper to bid for her.”

“Fine, then I’ll bid for her.” Junhyung shrugged and Daehyun looked at him aghast. “But pay me back.” He grinned. Daehyun sighed in relief and laughed.

“Thanks, hyung.”

*********

The next part of the program was starting and the Estelle candidates all positioned themselves in their seats. The stage was covered in life-sized candy props and snow. Soo Ah shook her head at the frivolity.

The music started.

(Secret's YOOHOO)

 [Chorong] Chinguroman boideon niga
Gwiyeopgeman boideon niga
Don’t know why i don’t know why
Neoege kkeullyeo gago isseo

[Jiyoung] Himdeun nal wirohaejwosseul ttae
Nae yaegireul deureojwosseul ttae
Maybe you I’m loving you
Jogeumssik nae maeumi umjigyeo

[Yura] Eotteoke eotteoke eotteoke mareul halkka
[Junghwa] Do you hear me that i’m fallin in love
[Soyu] Meorien ontong neoppuniya jakkuman bogo sipeo

[Soo Ah] Neoreul saranghana bwa Yoo-Hoo
[Soo Ah] Neoman boyeo Yoo-Hoo
[Kaeun] Chinguga anin aeineuro neorang mannago sipeo
[Soo Ah] Nareul jom barabwajwo Yoo-Hoo
[Soo Ah] Mot chamgesseo Yoo-Hoo
[Hayoung] Eojeboda oneulboda [Junghwa] naeil deo saranghalge~
[Naeun] Oh my love
Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~
Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~
[Junghwa] I just wanna be your love

[Dasom]Neoege nan jal boiryeogo
Otdo sago daieoteureul hago
Yes i do oh yes i do
Ireon nae mam arajulkka

[Soyu] Hoksi neoreul nochyeobeorilkka
Nareul sirheohajin anheulkka
Maybe you I’m loving you
Saenggagi manhaseo jam mot ja

[Hayoung] Eotteoke eotteoke eotteoke mareul halkka
[Yura] Do you hear me that i’m fallin’ in love
[Soo Ah] Meorien ontong neoppuniya jakkuman bogo sipeo

[Soo Ah] Neoreul saranghana bwa Yoo-Hoo
[Soo Ah] Neoman boyeo Yoo-Hoo
[Dasom] Chinguga anin aeineuro neorang mannago sipeo
[Jiyoung] Nareul jom barabwajwo Yoo-Hoo
[Chorong] Mot chamgesseo Yoo-Hoo
[Kaeun] Eojeboda oneulboda [Junghwa] naeil deo saranghalge~
[All] Oh my love

Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~
Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~ Yeah~~


Daehyun smiled as his gaze focused on Soo Ah. He never knew she had a good voice.

She blushed when she ‘accidentally’ looked his way and their eyes met.

Dasom, who was beside Soo Ah rolled her eyes when she noticed where Daehyun was looking.

*******

“Wow, our candidates sure know how to sing! I wish you guys just finished the song! But anyway, we must go on to the most important part of our evening! The auction!” The mc paused as he watched the Estelle candidates sit on the chairs provided on stage. “Again, anyone can bid, just raise the small panels given to you to confirm your bid. The highest bidder shall get to spend the rest of the evening with the Estelle she/he bid for, provided that it is within campus premises. Got it?” The crowd replied a yes and the mc started the auction.

“Let’s start with… Hmm…… Dasom?” The room cheered. “Alright! Let’s start with our first placer! Bid starts at 10000 won! Oh, 10000 won for that gentleman right there!” He pointed to a sophomore. “10500 to that freshman!” Dasom made a face and the freshman sat down. “12000 to that gentleman right there! We have a 15000! 16000! 20000! 28000!”

“50, 000 won!” The first bidder shouted and Dasom covered in shock.

“55, 000 won!” Another bidder shouted.

“250, 000 won!” The first bidder shouted again. The crowd erupted in ooh’s and ah’s.

“250, 000 won, going once, going twice? SOLD!” The MC shouted excitedly. “Please come up here sir and introduce yourself and tell us why you chose Dasom! 250, 000 won is quite expensive!”

The sophomore came up the stage and smiled widely. “Hi, I’m Baro.” He said and held his hand out to Dasom. “I chose Dasom-ssi because she’s extremely pretty… and we’ve been classmates up until freshman year.” She reluctantly took his hand and smiled at him.

“Thank you, Baro ssi! Please proceed to the bidding booth to pay and wait until the end of the auction to spend time with Dasom-ssi! Our next one is, Junghwa!”

Junghwa sold for 100, 000 won to a freshman, Hayoung 180, 000 won to a senior. Soo Ah gulped. “These things are expensive.” She whispered to Soyu and Soyu could only chuckle.

“Next, we have Soyu-ssi—“

“270, 000 won!” Someone shouted and the crowd gasped. Soo Ah chuckled, soon recognizing that it was Soyu’s boyfriend.

“270, 000 won?” The MC repeated. Dasom’s eyes widened. “Once! Twice! Sold!”

JungGi ran up the stairs and hugged Soyu before introducing himself as her boyfriend. Soo Ah smiled at the two.

“That was fast! Now, we have Kang Jiyoung!”

Jiyoung sold for 180, 000 won, Chorong for 130, 000 won, Yura for 100, 000 won and Kaeun for 120, 000 won.”

“Next, we have, Son Na Eun!”

“100, 000 won!” A freshman raised his card.

“150, 000 won!” A sophomore this time.

“170, 000 won!”

“180, 000!”

“200, 000!”

“250, 000!” A senior bid and she was sold to him.

Naeun blushed when she realized it was Xiumin.

*****

Soo Ah sighed. It was her turn now. How can she compete with 250, 000? Moreso 270, 000? ‘I’ll be lucky to get 100, 000.’ She sighed.

*****

“Lastly, we have Go Soo Ah!” The MC started as he stood beside her. “10, 000?”

“100, 000!” Sungjong yelled and L glared at him.

“Ya.” L said warningly.

“I’m not doing this for you, hyung.” Sungjong smiled mischievously.

“150, 000!” A senior, Ahn Jaehyo, bid. SooAh didn’t know him personally, but her classmates always gushed about him. ‘I guess I should be okay with 150, 000.’ She thought to herself.

“160, 000!” Woohyun bid and SooAh chuckled. She heard him laugh.

“170, 000!”  A girl bid. She hid herself, but she knew it was Eunji. She shook her head.

“180, 000!” A guy in a hoodie bid and she started having chills. ‘What if he’s a murderer! Can you at least check!’

“200, 000!” She knew that voice from somewhere. Her eyes fixed on Zico’s playful ones and she saw him wink at her.

“230, 000!” This time, it was an unfamiliar sophomore.

“Ohh, Baekhyun!” The MC teased. “230, 000?”

“250, 000!” Zico bid again. Soo Ah’s eyes widened. Was he serious?

“260, 000!” Dasom’s eyes widened when Junhyung bid. She knew it was for Daehyun because Junhyung’s arm slung around Daehyun’s shoulders. Furthermore, ‘HOW CAN SHE GET A HIGHER BID!!!’ Dasom screamed in her head.

“270, 000!” A freshman, who SooAh recognized to be part of L. Joe’s group joined in. 'I think his name was Ricky.'

Soyu nudged her. “Competing with me, Soo Ah?” She chuckled and Soo Ah could only shake her head.

“280, 000!” Zico challenged.

“St-“ Soo Ah tried to speak but she was cut off.

“290, 000!” Woohyun shouted.

“300, 000!” She searched for the face but she couldn’t find the person.

“310, 000!” She wanted to stop the bidding.

“320, 000!” The guy in the hoodie a while ago bid again.

“350, 000!” Junhyung shouted and Daehyun looked at him, mouth wide open.

“400, 000!” Youngjae chimed in, though it was only to challenge Daehyun.

“410, 000!” The MC looked at Minkyung and shock was written all over her face.

“410, 000, going once?”

Junhyung looked at Daehyun. “Well?” He sighed.

“Going twice!”

“450, 000.” Daehyun said with little conviction.

“Yes? Did I hear a higher bid?” The MC asked once more.

“450, 000!” Daehyun bid louder and Soo Ah’s heartbeat started going faster.

“455, 000!” Zico laughed.

“470, 000!” This time, it was L. Soo Ah frowned and he gave her a smirk.

“480, 000!” The guy in the hoodie shouted.

“Ahh!! I didn’t bring enough money!!!!” Woohyun shouted and sulked. Soo Ah chuckled but she still wanted to know who the guy in the hoodie was.”

“490, 000!” L and Daehyun shouted at the same time. The entire crowd was in an uproar.

"Oppa, stop bidding!!!" An L fan whined loudly. "PLEASE!!!"

“500, 000!” The guy in the hoodie bid.

“550, 000!” L added.

“600, 000!” This time, Daehyun and the hooded guy bid at the same time.

“Well, gentlemen, would you like to bid higher?”

“W-wait!” Soo Ah intervened. “Can we split the 300, 000 to both of them instead? Going higher is kind of---“

“620, 000.” Daehyun interrupted.

“Daehyun-ssi—“ Soo Ah called out.

“630, 000.” The hooded guy bid.

“650, 000.” L began again.

“700, 000.” The hooded guy bid again. Soo Ah took out her phone and started texting Daehyun.

Ya, Mr. Jung!!! Stop bidding already! It’s not like you don’t see me everyday in class!” She texted and he only replied:

“Should I go for 800, 000?” Her eyes met his and she shook her head.

The hooded guy checked his wallet and sighed.

“1 million.”

Daehyun’s brows furrowed.

“1, 200, 000.” L said nonchalantly.

“1, 400, 000.” Daehyun bid.

“2 million.”

 

“Don’t bid anymore.” Soo Ah texted Daehyun again. She looked at him from the stage. He texted as he looked at her.

“No.”

“2, 200, 000!” Daehyun shouted with a smile on his face.

“Why are you bidding anyway!”

"2, 300, 000!" The hooded guy bid again.

“Secret.”

"2, 500, 000!" Daehyun bid louder.

“Stop bidding, please, ahjussi!”

“If I don’t bid, will you do my bidding?” He replied cheekily. She pouted unknowingly and he chuckled as he watched her.

“Okay!!! Just stop bidding already! We already have more than what we need for the trees.”

“I took a screenshot. You can’t go back on your word.” He chuckled.

 

“2, 600, 000.” The hooded guy bid.

“Sungjongie, tell your annoying hyung to stop bidding. I’ll just end up returning the money to him.” Soo Ah texted Sungjong and waited to see if he showed it to L. She chuckled at his reaction but frowned when he smirked.

“2, 700, 000.”

“3 million.” The guy in the hoodie bid. L cursed. He didn’t bring that much money with him.

“3 million! Going once, twice? Sold!” Soo Ah’s heart rate slowed down. “Please come up and introduce yourself! That was such an intense bidding!!!” The crowd cheered for a good minute as the hooded guy went up the stage.

“Annyeong.” He greeted as he pulled his hoodie down. “I’m Jongin.” He smiled boyishly and the girls screamed. Soo Ah could only stare at him in shock.

“Oppa!!! WAE!!!!!!!!” A couple of girls whined.

“Go Soo Ah and I have a lot of things in common, I think.” He smiled as he took her hand. “Nice to meet you.” Soo Ah could only look him in the eye and take her hand back after a few seconds.

Daehyun’s eyes narrowed. He remembered the encounter with Jongin before and Soo Ah seemed to act weird back then as well.

“Then, please, gentlemen, your ladies and enjoy the rest of the night!” The MC announced. “Finally, the amount has been tallied and it is with great pleasure to say that we have exceeded our 2 million goal and will be successfully conducting the tree planting project. The highest bidders will get to partner up with the Estelles of their choice for the entire day as well. Congratulations and have a great night!”

Soo Ah and Kai both went down the stage. Daehyun came up to them.

“Mr. Jung.” She ‘greeted’.

He huffed. “I could have won you know.” Kai chuckled.

“So why didn’t you bid again?” He asked.

“It’s a secret.” Daehyun said smugly. “Well, call me if you need any help.” He joked as he waved his phone. Kai punched him on the arm. “Just kidding.” With that, he left.

“Yaaaah, good job! 3 million girl!” Eunji jumped at her. “Play nice.” She said and nodded to Kai. “I’ll see you later, Soo Ah.”

“Soo Ah ssi.” Minkyung called and Soo Ah turned to her. “Congratulations on having the highest bid today. 3 million, that’s a new benchmark. I’ll talk to you in school on Monday.”

“Sure.” She replied nonchalantly. Jiyeon looked affronted but Minkyung simply dragged her away.

 

 

The two walked out of the hall and awkwardly sat by the fountain in front.

“Soo Ah—“

“Why did you bid?” She started, not really looking at him. He sighed.

“I—I wanted to talk to you.” She turned to him, strangely calm for some reason.

“You didn’t have to spend 3 million to talk to me, Jong in.”

He didn’t reply. He knew it would've been easier to bid than to ask her to talk out of the blue. But he also did it because he didn't want to see her with other guys.

“What do you wanna talk about?”

“You know what about.” She sighed.

“Jongin, I don’t wanna play games. Just tell me what you wanna say.”

He frowned. “Fine.” He breathed in. “About what happened in the past, I—I don’t know what to say except I’m sorry.” She raised her brow. “Look, you’ve changed, Soo Ah. You’re not the same happy-go-lucky girl anymore, and I understand why. But you being in the same school as me, it’s not a coincidence.” He paused. “A lot has happened. I’ve changed too. Really. I just—I don’t want us to be cold to each other. I hope— even if it’s not now, that we can be friends?”

“Jongin,” She stood up and replied calmly, “We can’t bury the past.”

He sighed. “I know. I’ve been reflecting on it, I’ve been regretting it. I know we can never be the way we were.”

“Exactly.” She replied. “So what do you want Jongin? Because honestly, I don’t need people who will abandon me so easily. Who forget about me the moment I disappear.” She was surprised it came out so coldly. In truth, she wanted to shout at him—for pushing her aside, for being insensitive, for forgetting about her so easily.

Kai just realized how much she’s changed. ‘In that short amount of time, how can someone change so much?’  His heart sank when she turned her back against him. She seemed distant and cold.

“Soo Ah…” He muttered.

She turned to face him again, this time, with a smile upon her face.

“How are you and Ji eun?”

He stiffened. “That—Soo Ah, we were never really together.”

 “Oh, you two would’ve looked cute together.” That made him frown. She seemed to ponder about something. “So, did you just waste 3 million won?”

He chuckled. “The night’s not over yet.”

“Jongin, what else can we do at this hour?”

 

(Flashback)

“Kai~~ I’m bored and it’s late. What else can we do? We’ve ran out of things to do.” Soo Ah complained.

“Shh! I’m trying to concentrate on this video.” He said as he watched a dance clip online. She pouted and started fiddling with her phone. “What are you doing Soo Ah?”

“I’m bored and you won’t play with me.” He chuckled and closed his tablet. She didn’t pay him any attention.

“Hey, Soo Ah.”

“What?” She said, now too fixed on the game she was playing.

“You know…” He took her phone down so her eyes could meet his. “I don’t mind not doing anything as long as you’re with me.” He smiled.

She blushed and quickly hit him in the head. “You’re too cheesy, Kim Jongin!!!” She said and stood up. “Let’s go home.”

He chuckled. “Ya, I thought about that line for a good 15 minutes!!!” he said as he caught up to her and slipped his hand in hers. “I really like you, Soo Ah.”

She smiled and looked up at him. “Fine, I like you too, Jongin.”

******

“We can tour the campus?” He chuckled. “I mean, you probably haven’t explored it much right?”

She chuckled. “It’s fine, Daehyun gave me a tour the other day. Do you have any scary stories?”

“Are you close to Daehyun?” He asked, he didn’t mean to sound jealous but he did and he mentally slapped himself.

She eyed him. “Why?”

“Just asking.”

“We’re not that close. He’s the year rep, so he’s pretty useful.” She chuckled. He had an uneasy feeling about the two of them but he figured he didn’t have the right to intervene.

“I have some scary stories.” He initiated again. She gave him a look and sighed.

“Okay, have at me.” He smiled.

******

“That’s not scary at all, Jongin.” She said exasperatedly. “The first two were quite believable but all the other ones you’ve told me are plain stupid.”

“Well, your standards were always pretty high.” He chuckled. They spent the past few hours walking around the campus and sneaking into laboratories, trying to see who was spooked out first.

“Or my common sense is. A ball of light appearing out of nowhere to take the students to the spirit world, what--- ahh!!!“ Both of them shrieked when a streak of light flashed in front of them.

They heard a hearty laughter as the light kept going closer. “Why are you guys so fidgety?” Daehyun’s deep voice annoyed Soo Ah.

“Yah, Jung Daehyun.” She lightly punched him on the arm. “What is wrong with you!” She threw him a few more punches before he held her balled fists in his palms. Kai watched their interaction.

“Sorry, sorry.” He chuckled apologetically. “I’m on patrol and you guys have been out for 4 hours already. It’s 12 am now. We have to go back to the hall.”

“Wow, 4 hours already?” Soo Ah was shocked she was able to spend such a long time with Kai. They were civil at most.

“Wow, almost a million won for every hour I spent with you. That’s expensive.”

“Yeah, well, your lucky that’s just how much it cost you.” Soo Ah replied with a mischievous grin. “Let’s go back.” She said as she walked ahead of the two.

Daehyun smiled as his eyes followed her. Kai’s eyes narrowed at him.

“Daehyun,” He called out and Daehyun looked at him.

“What is it?”

“—nothing.” He smiled and Daehyun pestered him to tell him what he was going to say.

“You guys are noisy.” Soo Ah complained and Daehyun ran up to walk beside her.

"Are you cold?" He asked and she shook her head. "It's getting kind of chilly, so..." His voice trailed off as he draped his coat over her shoulders. She looked up to him and smiled.

"Thanks, Mr. Jung."

Kai could only look at the scene in front of him. He would do anything to stop from being an outsider in her world. The night wasn't as horrible as he had expected, but if he really wanted to be in her life again and her in his, he'd make sure she'd know just how far he's willing to go.

 

That Monday, the Estelle candidate rankings were posted:

1st Week of Voting:                                               

1 Dasom        381 – 100 POINTS            

2 Naeun         368 – 90 POINTS

3 Yura             359 – 80 POINTS

4 Kaeun          355 – 70 POINTS

5 Chorong     320 – 60 POINTS

6 Junghwa     314 – 50 POINTS

6 Hayoung     314 – 50 POINTS

8 Jiyoung       301 – 40 POINTS

9 Soo Ah       288 – 30 POINTS

10 Soyu         170 – 20 POINTS

 

1st Task: AUCTION:

1 Soo Ah       3 000 000      – 100 POINTS

2 Soyu           270 000         – 80 POINTS

3 Dasom        250 000         – 60 POINTS

3 Naeun         250 000         – 60 POINTS

5 Hayoung     180 000         – 40 POINTS

5 Jiyoung       180 000         – 40 POINTS

7 Chorong     130 000         – 20 POINTS

8 Kaeun          120 000         – 20 POINTS

10 Junghwa   100 000         – 10 POINTS

10 Yura          100 000         – 10 POINTS

 

1st Week Ranking:

 

1 Dasom        160 POINTS

2 Naeun         150 POINTS

3 Soo Ah       130 POINTS

4 Soyu           100 POINTS

5 Hayoung     90 POINTS

5 Kaeun          90 POINTS

5 Yura             90 POINTS

8 Jiyoung       80 POINTS

8 Chorong     80 POINTS

10 Junghwa   60 POINTS

 

END!!

Guuuuys, do comment/review :( I feel really bad that nobody's telling me anything abt the story 3

Here's some Block B spam cause I used them here hahaha

And well, Jaehyo, you don't need to try so much, you're already so handsome

^ Hi I'm Zelo and I'm the most talented, humble, handsome boy you will ever meet <3 hahaha

PERFECT:

Im sorry... I just love this boy! <3

But they are just so adorbs together!!! DaeLo <3

 

i have gone too far to go back now... haha

One again, this is B.A-- nevermind