Stop It

His Eyes

Chapter 6: STOP IT

L stared at the figure on his bed. He couldn’t believe he brought her in their dorm.

“I’m such an idiot.” He murmured and sighed. Any minute now, s are going to come home and it’ll be harder for Soo Ah to leave.

She shifted uncomfortably and moaned in her sleep. He sighed as he threw her unconscious figure a glare. Her arm moved to clutch her stomach and she curled her body up into a bent position, as if she was cold and hungry. His eyes travelled to her long legs and he looked away. He pulled the covers over her body and bent down to observe her distraught face. His eyes travelled from her long lashes to her plump, now-pinkish lips.

“...So ugly.” He commented as he brought his fingers up to smoothen the crease between her brows. “Damn, you’re so cold.” He tsked, got up and headed to the kitchen.

--

Soo Ah clutched her head and slowly sat up from the big bed. Her eyesight adjusted to the bright lighting and she surveyed the room. Black—black—black—everything was so depressingly black!

‘Where am I?!’ She started getting alarmed and searched for her bag. ‘Was I kidnapped? Where am I?’  She thought and cursed mentally. How can she let this happen to her again?!

She motioned to stand up but fell on the floor with a large thump. Her stomach hurt so much and her dysmenorrhea added to the pain. She could feel her tears welling up.

Suddenly, the door burst open and she whipped her head at the sound. Her eyes widened as she saw him by the door, with a straight face on. For some reason, the sight of someone she knew made her more emotional—her lips quivered and her body shook. She hated the vulnerable feeling fear gave her.

“Myu-Myungsoo.” She uttered in shock and his brows furrowed as he rushed to place the tray on the bedside table and kneel in front of her to check her temperature. She felt his warm hand on her forehead and for a second, she wondered what he was doing. He sighed.

“What are you doing?” She asked without much conviction as she held on to his wrist weakly..

“I’m checking if you’re still cold.” He replied as he stood up and held his hand out to her. “ Can you stand?” She took his hand to stand up but her knees were so weak that she was unable to prop herself up. She bent her head and bit her lower lip out of annoyance. She didn’t like other people seeing her so weak. She shrugged her shoulders and sighed. L’s eyebrows shot up as her hold on his hand loosened.

“I can’t.”

“Aish!” He groaned and bent to scoop her up from the floor. She was silent as he did so.

“Thanks.” She said as he settled on having her sit by the foot of the bed. She observed him as he fixed the contents of the tray. “Why am I here?” She finally asked. He turned to her, a bowl of chicken soup in his hands.

“You dropped unconscious on the road. I saw you through my rearview mirror. Brought you here.” He sat beside her and kept on mixing the bowl with the spoon.

“Ahh.” She nodded and stared at the floor. “You should’ve left me there, but you didn’t so… thank y—“ He shoved the spoon inside before she could even finish talking.

“Stop. Just… Don’t talk.” He said silently and she tried her best not to glare at him. She took the spoon from his hand and nodded.

“Fine.” She replied quickly. He raised his brow at the sudden change in her demeanor. She was so vulnerable just then and suddenly, he felt her putting up walls again.

“Fine.” He coolly replied as he motioned to stand up and leave.

“Myungsoo,” She called and he stopped his tracks. “Thank you, really.”

She couldn’t see his expression, but just as well. She didn’t want to see him roll his eyes at her. He sighed. “Just eat it so you can get some energy.” He said before shutting the door and leaving the room.

 

L’s POV

 

I closed the door and leaned against it. For some reason, I didn’t dislike it when she took my hand and allowed me to help her stand up. I liked that someone as strong as her was relying on me. This is weird. THIS IS WEIRD. What on earth am I thinking? I shook my head and sighed. I shouldn’t even bother with her. I heard the utensils clanging and I heard her footsteps getting closer. I panicked.

I dashed to the first floor of our dorm, headed to the sofa and grabbed a book to pretend like I was reading something. Pathetic, I know, but I didn’t want to look like I was waiting for her to ask for me, or something. I’m not her slave so why should I, right?

“Myungsoo.” She called. I hate it when people call me by my real name. I put on an irritated face and sat up sluggishly to turn to her. I don’t know why I did that but I guess I was getting used to the ‘cold, city man L’ people constantly nag me to be.

“What?” I answered coldly. She seemed unfazed though. As expected from this granny.

“Where do I wash the dishes?” What? I stared at her and she stared back at me. I sighed and looked at her pointedly.

“You’re kidding right?” This time, she looked at me pointedly. Why does she keep copying me… This girl.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” She said with a straight face. I scoffed.

“I won’t let a sick girl wash the dishes, let alone use the things we use to clean the things we use to hold our food.”

. I bet that sounded stupid. I kept a poker face on.

“…” I could see her lips curve a bit. I frowned. She laughed. It was the most annoying thing in the world and yet, I couldn’t help the small smile on my face.

“Okay… Okay!” She said in between fits of laughter. “I’ll just leave it at the sink. I didn’t know you were allergic to cooties.”

“I’m glad you find my logic amusing, grand ma.”

“Oh, trust me, I do.” She said, obviously still hung up on my choice of words.

“Kitchen’s there.” I said as I pointed to the right side of the room. “Hey, grandma.” I called.

“What?” I could still feel her suppressing her laughter.

“Build a bridge and get over it already.” With that, she burst out laughing again. I shook my head and face palmed myself. “What the hell am I saying.” I murmured.

 

I heard the shuffling of keys and eyed the door know as it turned.

 

“Hyuuung! We’re home!” Sungjong’s slightly high-pitched voice filled the room and my head immediately snapped to the kitchen area. .

“Ya! MYUNGSOO WHY’D YOU LEAVE BEFORE US!” Sungyeol loudly followed. “I TOLD YOU WE’RE GONNA GO HOME TOGETHER!!!”

“Stop shouting, Lee Sungyeol!!!” I shouted.

The guys walked to the living room and sat beside me.

“Ya, you were lazing around here while we met with the CEO?” Sunggyu hyung nagged. I didn’t respond but the sound of water running surprised the members.

“Who’s here?” Sungjong asked, his brows rose.

Just then Woohyun hyung came in with a big smile on his face. “Ya! Myungsoo, why is there a pair of girl shoes by the door?” He started wiggling his brows and I face palmed.

“It’s nothing, hyung.” I rolled my eyes. Dongwoo hyung hopped to the kitchen and I heard a scream-- hyung’s girly scream. The kind of scream he makes when he sees his favorite girl group on TV… .

“What was that?” The members all rushed to where Dongwoo hyung was and the house grew silent. I groaned and followed them.

She was leaning against the kitchen sink, surrounded by the members. The best part? She was just as relaxed as ever.

“Soo Ah-ssi!” Sungjong started. “Why are you here?”

“Why shouldn’t I be?” She asked coolly. Is that something she should be saying coolly? I smirked. No, is that something she should be saying at all? I sighed.

Woohyun hyung made his way in front of her. “Oh, when did you arrive, princess?” He asked shamelessly and I watched as her lips quirked up in a half-smile.

“Myungsoo just helped me. I had some problems and he—“ I cut her off.

“No need to explain to these guys. Let’s go.” I held her wrists and she was weak enough to let me drag her away. I felt a force pull us back.

“Ya! Not so fast, L!” Woohyun hyung pulled her back and I tsked. “Introduce her to the members first!”

“What?” I asked. He really thinks of the most unnecessary things. I sighed. “Fine.” I turned to her and despite her sickly appearance, she looked amused.

“You already know Sungjong and Woohyun hyung.” I paused as I pointed to the two. “The girl member and the greasy member of the group.” I commented. They complained. “This is Sunggyu hyung, he’s the leader.”

“Annyeong.” Hyung greeted, his eyes could no longer be seen as he smiled at her.

“This is Sungyeol.” She nodded.

“I’ve seen you around Myungsoo a lot.” She commented.

“Yeah, I’m his keeper.” Sungyeol joked. “This guy loses his cool a lot so—“

“This is Hoya hyung. He’s—well, he likes purple.” I commented and I saw the discontent in his eyes.

“Ya! I’m a dance machine!” He scolded and I chuckled.

“This is Dongwoo hyung. We don’t know whether he’s an idiot or a genius.”

“I’m a genius, a genius!” He said as he did a happy dance. She laughed.

“You’re funny, sunbae.” She commented.

“Call me oppa!” Dongwoo hyung commented and she nodded, conceding to him.

“Everyone this is Gran—“

“—Go Soo Ah.” She corrected before I could even finish my sentence. “Nice to meet you all. But unfortunately, I have to go now. Thank you for allowing me to stay.” She said as she bowed.

“Oh, really?” Sunggyu hyung replied. “Come by anytime, Soo Ah-ssi.” She nodded.

“Yeah, it’s nice to have a pretty girl over.” Woohyun hyung added and he earned a chuckle from her. I’ve never seen her like this before, so I just observed her.

“I’ll try.” She smiled weakly before bowing again and heading out of the door. I sighed and quickly followed her.

“Hey.” I called as I grabbed her arm a bit too harshly. She immediately fell back and I instinctively caught her waist. She grabbed on to my shoulders to steady herself. “Sorry.” I murmured. I watched as she tried to steady herself. She shut her eyes as if she was trying to get rid of her headache. She opened them and she looked up at me in shock, her eyes widened. She quickly let go of my shoulders and took a step back.

“Trying to hurt a sick person?” She muttered and smirked before turning her heel and walking away.

“I’ll drive you to your house.” She smirked and pointed at the big house across our condominium complex.

“I live in front of you, Myungsoo.” I almost forgot. I drew back and sighed.

“I’ll walk with you.” I offered. I don’t know why I did, but I held her by her elbow and pulled her to her house. She sighed and didn’t put up a fight.

She rang the bell and muttered a lazy, “It’s me.” To the receiver. Soon enough, a lady in a maid’s uniform rushed out the gate.

“You’re home, miss!” She bowed and got her bag from her.

I heard her sigh. “Thanks.” She said as the maid went in the house. She turned to me and I could see the troubled look on her face.

“No need to thank me.” I smirked. She shook her head.

“Stop it.” She replied. “You were nice to me today, Myungsoo. And I'm thankful.” She paused. “But I meant what I said earlier.”

“Which was?”

“We can’t be friends.” I frowned. I know she wasn’t feeling well, but I had to know why she’s so adamant about the two of us not being friends.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Why should we be?” She replied quickly and there was a long silence before she bowed to me. “I’ll see you then… or not.” She said as she went up to the gate.

“Go Soo Ah.” I called and she stopped. “I also meant what I said earlier.” She turned to me.

“Which is?”

“I’ll try.” With that, I turned to leave.

 

-- END --

Done with this chapter!! Hihihi Hope you guys liked it! :)

Gonna update again soon! Maybe w/in this week :D

Happy Sunday! <3

Dongwoo's happy dance!! >>

 

Please subscribe and comment! <3

>> Aww so cute :( <3