Apology

100 Days of Drabble Challenge ft. Bangtan Boys
  
 
 
100  Days  Drabble  Challenge  f t .  Bangtan  Boys

apology;

Even long after the incident, the imprints from her hand still burned like an angry flame on Namjoon’s face.

Sunglasses did nothing to hide his shame.

The male scraped a guilty foot on his front porch and ran a hand through his already unruly hair. He was too full of pride and he was well aware of it. It had been much too long since he last apologized.

So with a set mind and sweaty palms, Namjoon discarded his pride and mustered up his courage. He dialed her number. The phone was lifted up to his ear.

Almost immediately, she picked.

Her breath crackled on the other end.

When she finally spoke, her tone was flat and cold. “Yes, Namjoon?”

“I... I’m...” The male fumbled with his words. He bit his lip, his fingers tracing nervous circles on the railing. “I’m sorry.”

Silence.

And then bitter laughter filled Namjoon’s ear.

“You’re not forgiven.”


Word Count: 153


A/N:

I wanted to create a twist so that the ending would be at least a bit unexpected, but my message is still the same: If you know you've done something wrong, apologize even if you might not be forgiven. 

It's not worth maintaining your pride if the cost is losing someone important.

 

On another note, drop a comment and make my day?