Roses

100 Days of Drabble Challenge ft. Bangtan Boys
  
 
 
100  Days  Drabble  Challenge  f t .  Bangtan  Boys

roses;

Jungkook studied the way her electric blue eyes lit up. To him, she was beautiful in every way, no matter what other people thought of her. It wasn’t her fault that her eyes were that color, though she was a full-blooded Korean. It was one of her best features, in Jungkook’s opinion. He felt the corners of his lips curl up into a half smirk when she suddenly noticed his intent staring.

“Stop it!” Her cheeks tinted a rosy pink as she playfully slapped the upper part of Jungkook’s arm, who in turn, replied with a curt ‘no.’ The young girl made a face at him before stomping a few feet ahead, almost stepping on the expensive toes of other pedestrians in her haste. Their eyebrows furrowed in annoyance before they did a double take at the girl and their previous expression was replaced with shock.

Jungkook ignored it all, having grown accustomed to their reactions. “Come back!” He shouted at her disappearing figure. The boy chased after her, enjoying every second of their date. However, Jungkook soon lost his girlfriend in the wealthy crowds of Gangnam. He pivoted around three-hundred and sixty degrees before finally spotting her red scarf riding the breeze in the autumn air. Relieved, he rushed over to where she stood, seemingly awestruck by something displayed in the window of a small shop.

“Jungkook!” She waved him over having instantly forgotten about their little game. “Look, aren’t they pretty?” Her boyfriend averted his gaze to the display and a flash of disgust crossed his boyish features. He quickly hid it but his girlfriend caught him anyway.

“What?” She asked. “You don’t like roses?” Her jaw dropped when Jungkook nodded a yes while scratching the back of his head. “Why not? They’re beautiful. C’mon.” She dragged her boyfriend into the shop and proceeded to drool over the stunning flowers in the florist.

Jungkook looked around awkwardly, unsure of what to do. He never understood why flowers were of so much interest to girls. Unlike video games, they were boring as heck.

“Jungkook!” The boy was shaken from his thoughts at the sound of her voice. “Buy that for me.” She pointed at a single red rose in a plastic wrap.

With a small sigh, Jungkook obediently slipped his leather wallet from his back pocket and paid for the rose at the counter. The woman there beamed at the two of them and gushed over how cute they looked together. The young couple could only redden at her compliment. Nonetheless, they thanked her and stepped back out into the world of falling red leaves and cold breezes.

The two walked in thoughtful silence for a couple seconds before the girl broke it. “Do you know why I like roses so much?” At her question, Jungkook blinked, willing her to go on. “It’s because... they remind me of you.”

Jungkook stopped walking, taken aback. “What?”

His girlfriend blinked at him innocently. “You don’t think so? You’re both pretty.”

“I’m... pretty.” Jungkook echoed in a deadpan manner. He unamused.

“Yeah, you’re a pretty boy.” The girl laughed and stood on her tippy toes to give him an affectionate peck on the cheek. At this the latter felt his insides start to melt and he allowed a stupid grin to grace his lips.

“You’re also prickly.”

The smile was wiped off his face. Jungkook whipped towards his girlfriend. “What did you say?” The girl took a small step back before breaking out into a full on run. “You’re prickly!” She shouted over her shoulders as another chase ensued and Jungkook found himself running after the love of his life.

Again.

 
 
 

Word Count: 610