First Night (첫날)

Yeojawa Namja (여자와 남자)

All of the other housemates are already laying down in their spots by the time you head back down to the living room. This time he girls and boys are split up instead of mingled together like they had been during the movie. There is an empty pillow next to Do Rang, that is obviously intended for you, at the end of the line of girls, next to the boys. 

You are dismayed to see this arrangement, but it's made worse once you notice that the boy you will be sleeping next to is Leo. You swallow hard around the lump that is forming in your throat as you step down into the living room. You swiftly slip into your spot, making sure you are closer to Do Rang than Leo, and pull the blanket over your body. 

Do Rang looks over at you as you slip in next to her and mouthes 'mianhae unnie' before she rolls over and pulls her blanket up.

You hold back the urge to hit her as you give her a disgusted look and lay flat on your back. You can't help but sense that she is trying to push you and Leo closer together, and this sleeping arrangement is part of it. 

Traitor, you curse her silently. 

You stare up at the pale ceiling above you as you listen to the whispers of your fellow members. You cannot make out most of what they are saying so you decide to ignore them and try to go to sleep. You press your eyelids shut and try to drift off, but find it annoyingly difficult.

A nagging sensation on the side of your body where Leo is laying keeps reminding you of his presence. Your body is also very tense and you can't even roll over with him right there. 

This is going to be a long night, you sigh internally.

You chance a look over at Leo, and find him laying face up with an arm thrown over his eyes. He is wearing a long sleeved grey shirt with a hood that's pulled up over his head.

You smile at how cute he looks and quickly go back to looking at the ceiling before you get caught staring at him. Your mind begins to drift to the events of earlier today; starting with your accidental first kiss, followed by your real first kiss, spending the whole day with Leo, and then ending with Leo's wish for you to "only think of him". 

You press the back of your fingers to your lips as a smile spreads across your face and your heart begins to pound. Then your mind begins to question what it all means.

Are we an item now? Are we officially dating? He never actually asked me out. He never even asked my permission to kiss me.

Your mind spirals out of control as you lay there in silent turmoil with every second causing your heart to pound so loud you swear that everyone can hear it.

Suddenly you feel something being pushed into your ear and quickly look over to see Leo reaching over to you. Your hear the telltale sound of his music and instantly know that he put one of his earphones into your ear. You blink at him and wonder if he noticed your struggle to fall asleep.

He pulls your pillow slightly closer to him and pats it lightly as a sign that you should lay next to him.

Timidly, you shift your body closer to him and pull the blanket snuggly around you. You feel your heart start to beat erratically out of control and swallow hard as you try to regain control over your body.

Now your mind starts to wonder what you truly are feeling for Leo since you just met him today.

He is practically wearing his feelings on his sleeve for everyone to see. Even if he doesn't say anything, you can feel that he truly cares for you. He notices you and is thinking of only you. This feeling is strange to you as you have only had a few boyfriends in your past, but none that would be considered serious.

You lay on your back staring at the ceiling, and ponder your true feelings for this guy you had so many 'first's with even though you just met him. Slowly you drift off to sleep as you are lulled away by the soothing, soft music.

~*~

You drift back to the world and feel Do Rang's arm draped over your waist as usual. You squirm under the weight of it and try to slide her arm off your body, but instead she pulls you closer, which you groan in response. You slowly open your eyes and see her still asleep in front of you.

You can tell by the darkness of the room that it's still very early. You let your eyes fall shut again, not ready to greet the waking world. Then you feel her pull you even closer and this time snuggle her face in your hair behind you. You open your eyes again and see Do Rang still laying in front of you, sound asleep.

Just as you are going to let your eyes fall shut, you realize that if Do Rang is positioned in front of you then she can't be the one snuggling you from behind . Your eyes fling wide open and you slowly try to look at who is wrapped around you.

You see a head of charcoal black hair with it's face pressing into your hair and last night's sleeping arrangement comes to mind. Suddenly you realize that it's Leo who is snuggling with you.

All at once, chills crawl up and down your body and your heart begins to pound to the point that you find it difficult to breathe as the realization that you slept with Leo wrapped around you all night hits you. You immediately imagine what the others will think if they wake to find you in that position and panic grips at you.

You quickly try to squeeze out of Leo's grip without waking him, but that just causes him to moan and pull you closer. You grit your teeth as you silently curse at him. You adjust yourself so you can reach his shoulder and try to shake him awake. 

"Leo," you whisper as you shake him harder. "Leo, il-eona." 

Leo just groans and pulls you closer which this time presses your face into his chest.

You curse under your breath and try your last resort. You reach up and pinch his nose closed while covering his mouth. It was a trick you used with your sisters that were always difficult to wake up. It's cruel but effective.

After a few seconds of not being able to breathe, Leo's eyes suddenly fling open and his hand flies up to pull yours away.

You quickly let go of him and he gasps for air. You shift further away from him and then sit up, looking around to make sure the others are still asleep, which they all seem to be. You toss your blanket aside and quickly head upstairs to the bathroom not even bothering to look at Leo. 

~*~

You take your time to wash up as you allow yourself to calm down from your panicked morning wake up. You open the door to head to your room to change for the day, but are greeted by a very unhappy Leo.

He is leaning against the wall next to the bathroom door with his arms crossed. Leo slowly pushes off the wall and moves so he is standing directly in front of you. 

You stop midway through the door and stare at the floor. You swallow hard against the lump in your throat as you expect a scolding. You timidly look up at him but immediately look away as his expression is too scary for words. You take a deep breath and try to gather the words to apologize.

Before you can speak though, Leo takes a step forward and you respond with a step back. Once he is fully inside the bathroom, he quietly shuts the door behind him and you feel the familiar grip of panic begin to strangle you. 

"Can you," Leo begins as you stop breathing. His tone is quiet and controlled. "Explain what that was about?"

"Um," you start and pause to breathe around the lump in your throat. "You were snuggling with me, and you wouldn't wake up, and it was in front of everyone, and someone could've woken up and saw us," you quickly spill it all out before you can stop yourself.

Suddenly Leo grabs your wrist and pulls you towards him, wrapping his other arm around your waist to hold you firmly against him. His eyes are cold as stone as he stares down at you.

You begin to chew on your lower lip nervously. 

"Silh-eo," Leo says with a questioning tone.

You look up at him and are surprised to see that his eyes have softened. You blink rapidly as your mind wraps around his question and you try to think about whether you did or didn't like it.

"A-aniyo," you answer timidly as a blush creeps across your face and you quickly look away from him. "I d-didn't hate it. It's just, um, with everyone around," you pause midsentence hoping Leo will understand you without you having to say it all outright.

Leo reaches a finger up and pushes your chin up so you are looking at him again. He slowly leans down and gently presses his lips against yours in a soft kiss which you timidly return. He pulls back and you are again surprised to see a slight smile on his face. He lets go of your wrist and steps back.

"You are too cute," he says amused. "You don't want me snuggling with you, so you have to suffocate me."

He chuckles lightly and taps the tip of your nose with his finger before turning and exiting the bathroom. 


 


**Author's note: Sorry it's so crappy. It's late but I wanted to get something posted today. Don't be silent, let me know what you think. I'd love critiques as well.

Updated 9/27/2014