First Touch (첫 터치)

Yeojawa Namja (여자와 남자)

 

When you open your eyes again, the song has changed and you realize that you must have dozed off. You then realize that you are actually leaning your head on Leo's shoulder.

Slowly you raise your head, hoping you weren't like that for too long, and rub the sleep from your eye. You cautiously look up at Leo and are surprised to find that he is also asleep. His head is leaning back against the closet door and his eyes flutter slightly like he is dreaming. You smile as you admire how much less intimidating and warmer he looks this way.

You glance around the room until you find a blanket and then crawl over to retrieve it. You pull it back to Leo and drape it over his sleeping body.

As you are adjusting it around him, he suddenly twists his body and swings his arm out, knocking you to the floor and rolling on top of you. Surprised by the random attack, you try to push him off of you, but that just causes him to adjust himself.

As his face turns over, his lips suddenly connect with yours. Your eyes go wide as you lay there trapped by Leo's sleeping body while his lips press against yours.

Just then Leo's eyes snap open and go wide as well. He quickly pushes himself off of you and sits up.

You lay there for a few seconds trying to wrap your head around what just happened. When you can finally move again, you roll over and bolt out of the room, down the stairs, and into your room without looking back.

 

When Do Rang comes up into your room a half hour later, she finds you sitting under the window with your fingertips gingerly touching your lips as you stare at nothing in particular. You don't even notice her enter the room until she is sitting square in front of you waving her hand in front of your face and calling your name. 

"Oh, Do Rang-ah, you're here," you respond in a daze before going back to your staring off into space.

Do Rang follows your line of sight, but fails to see anything interesting so looks back at you. 

"Ya! Gwaenchanh-a," she asks giving your arm a poke.

"Ye," you respond still in your daze. "Oh, ye nan gwaenchanh-a."

You mentally shake yourself and look around for something to pretend that you were doing. You reach into the bookcase next to you, grab a random book, and open it to any page. You pretend to immerse yourself in the literature until Do Rang gives up and goes over to her closet. Slowly you find yourself drifting back into your daze.

You can still feel the weight of Leo's body pressing you down into the floor. The image of him on top of you is still burning brightly at the forefront of your mind, and your lips still tingle from their contact with his lips. Your fingertips reach up again and lightly graze the surface of your soft lips. Your heart starts to race and your body temperature rises as you remember that moment. 

Suddenly Do Rang is in front of you again, and you snap back to reality, dropping your hand from your lips.

"Oh, Do Rang-ah," you say and then notice that she has changed her clothes. "Eodi ga?"

"Oh," Do Rang looks down at her clothes and stands up to do a little spin. "How do I look? The rest of us are going out to show the boys around a bit. Can't live here without knowing your way around, ya' know?" She gives you a serious look and then plops down in front of you. "Wae guelae?"

Instinctively, your lower lip tucks under your teeth as you try to think of anything but Leo and fail miserably at it.

"Um... nothing, nothing's wrong," you lie but clearly not well enough to fool Do Rang. She gives you a hard look and scoots closer as you try to avoid her. 

"Ya! Do Rang! Gaja," you hear Eun Jung shout from downstairs. Even with the door shut, she is the loudest thing in the room. 

Do Rang huffs and rolls her eyes, mumbling something under her breath about how a girl needs time to get ready. "Coming," she shouts and then looks back at you. "Gaja," she says as she pulls on your wrist. "I'm not leaving you here alone." 

She pulls you to your feet and out the door. You don't really protest since you want something to take your mind off of him. 

As you two reach the top of the stairs, two figures are coming down from the third floor that catch Do Rang's attention.

"Oh, Leo-oppa? Are you coming along," she asks as you quickly make your way down the stairs before anyone can see you blush. 

 

The others are waiting by the door and they all start to file out as you join them followed by Do Rang, Ken, and Leo. Everyone seems to fall into pairs as you all walk through the alleyways and streets.

Eun Jung and N, the self-proclaimed leaders of both groups, walk at the front of the crowd. Do Rang seems to be too pre-occupied with hanging on Ken's arm to give you the time of day, so you have fallen towards the back and now find yourself walking beside none other than the one you wanted to avoid the most, Leo.

You both walk far apart and you keep your head angled so you are looking away from his direction at all times. The uncomfortable tension between you two grows into a noticeable cloud as the group heads into the neighborhood park and you two are left at the entrance as the others run around the equipment like children.

Suddenly, you feel a finger poke your arm and a soft voice whisper, "Jeogiyo?"

You snap your head around and see Leo now standing right next to you with his finger pointing at your arm where he has just poked it. You just blink at him as your heart threatens to suffocate you again. Your mind struggles to try and form a single cohesive thought, but just comes up blank. 

"Can we talk for a minute," Leo asks quietly, motioning to a bench behind him.

You nod shyly and follow him over to it. He sits first and you try to sit not too far away but also not close to him.

"About earlier," he starts and you can already feel your face getting hot. "I'm really sorry about that, you know, accident. I know how a girl's first kiss is supposed to be something special."

When he says this, you start to feel panic setting in. How did he know that was my first kiss? Was it that noticeable? 

"First kiss," your mouth says before you give it permission. You fake a laugh and run with the first line that comes to mind. "That wasn't my first kiss." You stop yourself as you realize how stupid you sound. Babo, you scold as you lightly tap your head. 

"Oh really," Leo says and you notice that he sounds very disappointed. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Ne?"

His question catches you off guard and you look into his eyes which are gazing at you with an intensity that makes your heart pound practically out of your chest. You swallow against the hard lump in your throat.

"A-aniyo," you answer and see a wave of relief cross over Leo's features.

"Good," he says as he claps his hands together. He laughs a little as he looks around and adjusts himself on the bench. 

Then in one swift motion he slides closer to you, grabs your chin lightly with his thumb and forefinger, and presses his lips firmly to yours.

You are surprised by Leo's sudden kiss, but don't move away. You clench your hands tightly together in your lap as you let your eyes slide closed. He really was a good kisser, and you are actually happy that this can now be officially considered your first kiss.

All too soon though, Leo pulls back and ends the kiss. You your lips and open your eyes. Leo is smiling with his face still in front of yours.

"Eotteohge," he asks.

Shyly, you look at the ground and bite your lower lip. You are still reeling that you just had your first kiss, and cannot even keep up the facade that it wasn't.

Leo smiles a little bigger and tilts his head so he is looking into your eyes.

"I wanted to give you a better first kiss."

 


**Author's note: Eotteohge? 

**Note: Updated 9/25/14