An Illness Called Love

Mr. Perfect

Heechul scowled as the doorbell rang. “Aish! Siwon! Choi Si-“

“Mr. Choi is upstairs Madam Heechul.” A worker replied, walking towards the door. “I’ll get it.”

Heechul’s jaw dropped. ‘Did he just ing call me a Madam?!’

Before the diva could open his mouth to spout out string after string of curses, his eyes widened to see a puffy-eyed Hyukjae.

 Heechul shot up from the couch. “Hyukjae? What happened to you?”

Hyuk didn’t meet Heechul’s eyes but instead shook his head and ran up to Siwon’s room. Heechul frowned, confused beyond belief.

Quickly thinking, the beautiful male dialed Donghae’s number.

“Hae?”

“H-Hyung?”

Heechul frowned harder; Hae’s voice sounded so down. “What’s wrong? Did that bastard hurt you?”

“N-No!” Hae denied strongly. “It’s nothing Hyung. I’m just a bit tired, I’ll call you later neh?”

The call ended while Heechul fumed.

 

“Hyukkie,” Siwon looked on at his best friend in sympathy. “It’s all going to be fine. It’s all going to be okay.”

Hyukjae sobbed onto Siwon’s shoulder, silent cries leaving his mouth. “S-She was crying so h-hard. It’s h-h-hurting her. And you k-know the worst part?”

Siwon softly rubbed Hyuk’s back, trying to soothe the torn man. “What is it dear?”

“I-I can’t even ing h-help her! I can’t do a-anything Siwon ah,” Hyukjae broke into more sobs, as Siwon’s own eyes watered. 

“She’s going to be okay, Hyukkie. She’s going to live through this. Umma is a s-strong person, isn’t she?”

Hyukjae nodded, his sobs quieting a bit.

Siwon continued to soothe the crying boy, rubbing comforting circles on his back. Soon, Hyukjae passed out from the exhaustion of the day and all the crying. Siwon sighed before laying the sleeping boy into his bed and then tucking him in.

Finally, Siwon looked towards the door. “You can come in now, you know.”

Heechul tensed before inwardly cursing. He stepped in, his eyes guilty. “I-I’m sorry. I was going to ask Hyuk what happened with Donghae but...” His voice faded.

Siwon sighed but nodded for the elder to sit. “It wasn’t Hyukkie’s fault, the date I mean. His Umma is ill.”

Heechul gulped then nodded. “Hae doesn’t know that. W-What happened exactly?”

“Hyuk arrived more than two hours late to the date.” Siwon ran a hand through his hair, searching for words. “I’d be mad too, if I didn’t know. B-But I wish Hae would’ve let him explain.”

“I-I could explain to Hae. I’ll handle it.”

Siwon smiled faintly, gently brushing his fingers through his Hyuk’s hair. “Thank you. It would mean a lot to Hyukkie.”

Heechul felt a bit annoyed as he saw Siwon’s love for the boy radiate through his eyes.

The diva let out a snort. “To me, it looks like you’re in love with him.”

Siwon cocked an eyebrow before he looked towards the diva, an amused glint in his eyes. “Really? I mean, how can you not love this face?”

Heechul suddenly felt angry. “I’m leaving.”

Just as the diva was about to hoist from the bed, his wrist was grabbed. Heechul frowned before looking towards the younger.

“Your jealousy amuses me.” Siwon giggled.

Heechul’s eyes widened as a blush spread across his face. “Yah! I’m not-“

Siwon quickly pushed his palm over the diva’s face. “Yah, Hyukkie is sleeping.” He whispered, his grin widening as he saw the diva once again fume at the nickname.

Heechul shoved Siwon’s hands off his mouth before rubbing his lips. “Don’t. Ever. Do. That. Again.”

Siwon laughed and pulled Heechul out of the room. Heechul let himself be dragged before his breath hitched. Siwon had pinned him against the door.

“Looks like Heechullie is growing feelings for me.” Siwon whispered, his face too close to Heechul for comfort.

“I-I am not!” Heechul’s ears tinted red. 

Siwon chuckled, his hands running through Heechul’s long hair to his warm ears. “You’re really beautiful.”

Heechul felt his heart bubble. “Y-Yah, I’m a man! I’m handsome not beautiful!”

Siwon could only laugh. He got off the diva before shaking his head. “Whatever you say~”

Just before Siwon walked away, Heechul grabbed his hand, his eyes all serious.

“W-What happened to Hyukjae’s mother?”

All the joking and fun drained from Siwon’s eyes before his lips pulled into a thin line. “C-Cancer. She has acute Cancer in her brain.”

Heechul froze. “Can she be treated?”

Siwon sighed. Y-Yes, she can. She’s been in treatment for two years now.”

Heechul sighed. “So she’s okay?”

Siwon smiled faintly. “She will be, yes. But it’ll take time and a lot of endurance. Chemo is painful.”

 Heechul felt his eyes water. “S-So Hyukjae was late today b-because of that?”

Siwon nodded, his throat tight.

A single tear ran down Heechul’s cheek before he became flustered and wiped it away harshly. “W-Well I gotta sleep.” With that, the diva ran into his room.

Siwon smiled sadly as Heechul dissapeared. ‘You moron. You make everyone beleive you’re some cold but inside you’ve got a heart of gold, Kim Heechul.’