The Gift You Gave Me

Mr. Perfect

Heechul yawned loudly, dragging himself out of bed.

“Took you long enough to get up,” Siwon’s voice rang from the other room.

Heechul jumped in his skin at the intrusion before his face turned sour. He looked around, realizing he was in Siwon’s house. ‘I need to find my own place. Who knows what that ert might do while I live here...’

Hearing no answer from the shorter, Siwon shuffled into Heechul’s room. “Yah, how come you’re so cranky? At least answer your landlord!”

Heechul’s face cringed. “Say that word again and I walk.”

Siwon laughed. “Go ahead. I have no pleasure in having you here. I only want your parents.”

The diva simply glared before walking away into the bathroom.

Siwon sighed as Heechul went out of sight. ‘Why does he hate me so much?’

 

 

“Drop me off here.” Heechul demanded as they neared the school.

Siwon frowned. “Why? We’re not even there yet and it’s cold.”

“I-I don’t think we should be seen getting out of the same car.”

“Why?” Siwon was getting frustrated.

Heechul sighed. “Because I say so. Now stop the car.”

The jock would not have it. “Give me a good reason why I should stop this car.”

“Because I ing said so!”

Siwon abruptly pulled the car into the curb, causing both himself and Heechul to jerk in their seats.

Heechul turned to glare at the taller. “Are you insane?! What the hell?”

Siwon returned the glare, his gaze showing anger and another emotion Heechul couldn’t quite pinpoint. “You told me to stop the car and so I did.”

Heechul snorted angrily before getting down from the car and slamming the door for extra effect. He stomped off soon after, not even giving Siwon a last glance.

Siwon furiously jammed his fist onto the steering wheel, his heart throbbing. He just couldn’t understand why Heechul disliked him so.

 

Heechul sat at the lunch table, sighing here and then.

Donghae frowned, noticing his hyung’s sour mood. “What’s up hyung?”

Heechul looked at the younger before forcing out a smile. “Nothing. I’m just a bit tired, you know.”

Donghae nodded sympathetically. “I know. Are Uncle and Auntie still fighting?”

Heechul simply nodded, no longer listening.

“Hyung, did you know?”

“What?”

“Lee Hyukjae asked me out on a date!” Donghae squealed.

Heechul’s brain instantly began to think of a certain school quarterback at the mention on Hyukjae. “O-Oh really? That’s great!”

“I know! I can’t even believe it. We don’t even talk but there he was today, in chemistry, asking me to the pizza parlor down my street!” Donghae’s eyes turned all dreamy, his focus no longer on Heechul.

Heechul truly felt happy for his dongsaeng but he also felt a bit envious. ‘I want something like that,’ a certain part of his heart said. ‘Siwon already asked you to be his,’ another part reasoned. He sighed before telling his friend he was off to get some fresh air.

 

“Yah, Heechul just went out.” Hyukjae informed his best friend. He’d been watching Donghae but he couldn’t help but notice the diva’s low mood.

Siwon quirked an eyebrow before nodding and running off. He knew exactly where the diva would be. It was so predictable.

 

 

“Augh, why am I such a ing ?!” Heechul screamed out onto the rooftop, his face red from frustration.

Siwon smirked upon seeing Heechul, his prediction had been right. He quietly sauntered beside the male, not making any contact.

Heechul gasped as he felt the intrusion into his mourning session. “Y-You?!” Heechul inwardly snorted at how the very subject of his frustration and guilt was here right at this moment.

Siwon nodded, his eyes distant. “Yes me, any problem with that?” Siwon turned his gaze to meet Heechul’s, almost challenging him to say yes.

Heechul was the first to look away. “No.”

“Oh really? Aren’t you afraid someone will see us together and you’ll be embarrassed out of your wits?” Siwon knew he was being bitter but at this moment he didn’t really care.

Heechul sighed at the irony. ‘I was afraid you’d be embarrassed, idiot.’ “Look Siwon, I don’t want to hear any of this right now.”

“Of course you don’t. You never want to talk to me anyways, do you?”

Heechul had had it. “Shut the up!”

Siwon didn’t even flinch. “You curse too much.”

“Look Choi Siwon; I am grateful that you’ve paid off my parents debt. I will pay every single cent back to you by the end of the year, you hear me? And also, I’m grateful that you drive me to school and let me live with you. I’ll move out soon, I promise. I’m also thankful of how kind you are to my family. I never could take care of them” Heechul’s voice faded as he realized how unfair he’d been to the jock.

Siwon had done so, so much for him yet here he was, yelling and cursing at the taller. Heechul bent his head down in shame. “I-I’m sorry Siwon. I don’t think I have any right to be saying any of this to you.”

Siwon looked away from the diva, a bitter smile on his face. “You’ve given me family Heechul.”

Heechul looked up at the male, confused.

“My Ma and Daddy died when I was seven. Ever since then I’ve lived with the workers and nannies. They’re all great but they’ve never dissiplined me and yelled at me. I don’t even know what a family is but when I saw yours yesterday, I felt full. I already love them. And I think being able to love again is the greatest gift you’ve given me. And I should be the one thanking you for that.” Siwon bowed 90 degrees as the shorter just stared down in shock.

Heechul stood wide eyed. “Y-Yah what are you doing?!”

Siwon smirked. “Showing you some respect, hyung.”