Babylon 01

Babylon

--HYUKJAE POV—

 

3AM:

Bzzzz bzzzz bzzzzzz

“Hello?” I picked up without looking at the screen.

“Hyukjae. I think Babylon is sick.” A worried voice said.

… I sat down on my bed smowmy and tried to recover my mind.

“Babylon?”

“Yes.”

“sick?”

“Yes.”

“Donghae-ssi. You’re telling me at 3AM that a stupid ROSEBUSH is sick?!” I exploded.

“I can feel it.” He answered seriously.

“You… can feel it?”

“Hmm hmm” he nodded in the phone.

“And why did you call it Babylon anyway?”

“It’s cute”

“Babylon was a city which was dominated and besieged during many generations, and after falling in enemies’ hands, has disappeared. There are only ruins now.”

“It’s totally cute. Baby + Lon” he giggled.

“You didn’t listen right? What’s Lon?”

“A cut to say: baby alone. Our baby is alone Hyukjae. He’s sick.” He said extremely serious.

“You have just invented it right now isn’t it?”

“…”

“I’ll see it tomorrow morning alright? I’m sure he can survive until morning.”

“B-But… He misses you…”

“We’re talking about the rosebush right?”

“Y-Yeah…”

“I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight Donghae-ssi.”

“’Night…” I could clearly imagine him pouting in his room.

I hung up and fell asleep immediately. I was used, he was calling me almost every night.

 

5:50AM:

“Good morning everybody!” I greeted when I entered the personnel’s kitchen.

“Morning” Leeteuk-hyung (Donghae’s butler) said to me.

“Hello” Key (the cook) answered.

“Hi hyung!” Ryeowook (the other cook) smiled.

“Hyung!” Jinki yelled at me, wanting to come towards me but he tripped on nothing and fell on the ground.

“It’s okay?” I asked, helping him to get up.

“Yeah, yeah.” He said with his shining smile.

“Hyung I’ve a favor to ask. I have to go to Lan&Cie because I burnt Taemin’s school uniform while I was ironing it. So if Taemin ask you where I am don’t say anything okay? He could be really angry because of that… Anyway I’ve no time so…Can you wake him up for me?” he asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“No.”

“Pleaaaaaaase… I’ll do anything! Hyyyyyyyyyung pleeeease!”

“This brat hates me”

“No. You’re wrong.”

I rolled my eyes and threw a You-know-I’m-right look at him.

“He never forgave the hug I gave you during your birthday. I swear If he could have killed me this time… I remember he had this little plastic-knife in his hand but even with that it was totally scary.“

“I’ll take Donghae to shopping with Taemin and me tomorrow. You will be alone aaaall the time. Please?” he begged.

“Okay.”

 

6:30AM:

“Young Master…Wake up… Taemin…” I shake lightly his body. I call him Master because this brat takes himself for the master of the World and I don’t want to be fired.

I shook his little body continually, when suddenly he opened wide his eyes. I gasped with the surprise and he glared at me.

“Touch me one more time ert and I swear I’ll sue you until you’ll die in a rotten jail lost in the slums of Bangkok.”

“Good Morning to you too.” I said, rolling my eyes. This boy is the drama queen number 2 of this mansion (the number one is his brother obviously).

“Where’s Jinki?” he asked coldly, throwing a nasty glare at me.

“I don’t know… Leeteuk-hyung asks me to wake you up” I lied.

“If you don’t tell me where he is, I tell to Donghae-hyung that you love him and you want to marry him.”

“You won’t dare…” I said with horrified eyes.

“He had his groom tuxedo in his closet since your first day here. And I’m sure the fair-parts are ready to be send.” He said with a light smirk. Evil little demon! Argh!

“Jinki burnt your uniform. He’s at Lan&Cie buying a new one.”

“What?!!” he exclaimed. He stood up quickly and ran out of his room, screaming crazily Leeteuk-hyung’s name.

“Ahjussiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii”

“…”

“AHJUSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII”

“Yes young master?” Leeteuk appeared from nowhere.

“I won’t repeat myself again: DON’T GIVE DANGEROUS TASKS TO JINKI!” he harshly yelled at Leeteuk.

“Yes. Sorry. But not ironing, not cooking, not carrying anything, not doing the dishes, not approaching rosebushes, not driving, … you should lock him in a room for the rest of his life.”

Taemin looked at Leeteuk-hung with a How-I-didn’t-think-of-that-earlier?-look.

“It’s not a bad idea” he whispered, totally serious.

Then, he looked at me with worried and wet eyes – I blinked many times to see if I was dreaming.

“Is he injured? Is he okay?” he asked, anxious.

“He’s dead.” I said honestly.

“W-What?!” he exclaimed with shocked eyes. Then, he began to cry.

“Omo… Don’t be like that, you’ll get another one it’s not that bad…” I tried to cheer him up but he looked at me with a scandalized look.

“Hem… Hyukjae… I think he was talking about Jinki…Not the uniform…” whispered Leeteuk-hyung.

“OH! Oh no no he’s okay! Jinki is okay! It’s the uniform which died! Jinki has absolutely nothing!” I quickly tried to explain,shaking my hands fervantly.

“Oh…” He sighed, relieved.

Then, he threw –again- a sordid glare at me. Great, now he’s gonna hate me even more if it’s possible.

“You don’t have work to do? Tchi!” This arrogant brat snapped, and then turned his heels and left without a “thank you”.

 

7AM:

Donghae created a veritable mess when he knew that I woke up his little brother. He cried and pouted and sulked so much that I was forced to take him with me in the garden this morning while I work.

Yipee.

 

7:30AM:

Jinki came to thank me in the garden with a Taemin completely stuck on him. Donghae glared jealously at them.

 

7:33AM:

I gave a simple task to do for Donghae. He just had to remove the dead leaves of red laurels.

 

7:45AM:

Donghae had totally destroyed half of my laurels. How he managed to do that with only his little hands is a total mystery to me.

 

7:52AM:

He just brought me a strawberry milk to be forgiven.

He gave it to me with the best beaten-dog-look I’ve never seen.

 

7:54AM:

Well, I forgive him for this time.

But now, he isn’t allowed to touch anything.

 

8:46AM:

This child is just a speaking robot.

He was blabbering again and again without breathing.

He’s capable of changing subject without having finished the precedent. He began one funny story on a priest and a nun and never ended it. – I want to know the end.

 

10AM:

ALONE! YEAH!

Donghae is at his university – I pity his poor professors.

Taemin is at his high school – I pity the poor moron which has the misfortune to be his friend.

Jinki is occupied with tidying up the brat’s room.

And I’m with my lovely plants in a sunny day… PERFECT!

 

12:03AM:

Jinki dropped all the pile of linen in staircases while I went up to go in toilet. There were everywhere. I’ve even found a sock which was landed in the toilet.

 

12:07AM:

Key nagged at me because I put earth everywhere in the kitchen.

 

1:39PM:

I spotted Donghae’s butler and the driver making out in my little-gardening-atelier. Ugh!

 

2PM:

Donghae rushed completely excited in the garden, explaining me that he learnt a magic trick.

 

2:03PM:

He placed awkwardly a red fabric on his hand and just like that, a beautiful red rose appeared - okay I clearly saw the rose hidden in the handkerchief but I pretended to be pleasantly surprised.

 

2:05PM:

I have to admit that he was really too cute with his concentrated face and his proud smile when he finished, with hopeful shining eyes and all, waiting for my blessing.

 

2:13PM:

Maybe congratulating him was a bad idea, he tore away about ten flowers to redo me generously his magic trick.

 

2:35PM:

After having taken hundred pictures of me – “Hyukjae cuts a leaf”. “Hyukjae waters the plant”. “Hyukjae dries his forehead”. “Hyukjae drinks some water”, etc. -- he left for his dance lesson.

Hallelujah! Finally alone!

 

3:10PM:

The brat and Jinki came in the garden. My beloved friend gave to me strawberry milk while Taemin was glaring at me.

“Why you’re coming here?” I asked nicely, ignoring baby monster.

“Not your business pedo” Taemin answered arrogantly.

“Oooooooooooh look Taeminnie! A ladybird!!!!!” exclaimed the oblivious butler.

“Really ? Let me see~~” he said cutely.

One day, I swear I shall make a video for Jinki which will show the real face of this little monster.

 

4PM:

“Hyukkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii…-jae.” Donghae stopped net when he saw my death glare.

If he begins to hyukkie-me, there will be no limits to his craziness about me.

“I’m home…” he continued, shyly.

 

4:32PM:

Jinki knocked down his drink on me during the snack.

 

4:35PM:

Wanting to get up to apologize, he slid and brought down his glass.

 

4:36PM:

He cut his finger with the broken glass.

 

4:37PM:

The brat was on the edge of attacking me with his piece of cake as if it was me who injured his precious butler purposely.

 

4:38PM:

He knocked down deliberately his ridiculously childish banana milk on me.

 

4:39PM:

Donghae, to avenge me, stole Taemin’s last candy and eat it in front of him with an insolent look.

Ah! Take that!

 

5:04PM:

I saw Donghae spying through the window while I changed my shirt.

 

5:06PM:

I swear I even heard the noise of his camera’s flash.

 

7:25PM:

Yesung (the music teacher) touched my philtrum before leaving without a word.

 

7:41PM:

Key nagged at me for about fifteen minutes because my salads were not ready to be cook. –It’s not my fault if they didn't grow enough!

 

8:08PM:

“SHALALALALALALAAAAAAAAA” the two crazy brothers sing-sang in the entire mansion. Donghae was using a carrot as microphone and Taemin was throwing glitter on everybody.

Result: my kitchen garden was destroyed (how did he managed to do that just for taking a carrot?) and I had glitter everywhere on me.

 

10PM:

Donghae forced me to sing with him on his karaoke party (which consists of a huge screen in a room with popcorn, his butler, his brother, his brother’s butler, and the cooks).

 

10:13PM:

I sang a trot song. I’m really gifted with trot songs.

Donghae was crying with happiness. He called me “Trot God” all night long.

 

10:15PM:

Taemin forced Jinki to sing a ballad.

Jinki always sing really well. I’m amazed every time I saw him singing. He has this soft and warm voice which gives you Goosebumps.

The brat was looking at him with complete admiration. It was limit shocking.

 

11:26PM:

After hung up his cellphone, Donghae returned in the room like a furious madman shouting as a child that his cousin will come Saturday.

Even the Brat smiled widely, clapping his hands and shouting “Party! Party!”

OH.MY.GOD! If I had to make a list of the craziest and weirdest persons whom I know, the Brat would be number 3, the Stalker number 2 and their horrifying cousin number 1. He is just totally insane.

The last time he came, he was so drunk that he vomited everywhere in my camellias, he tore away my roses to put petals in his bath, and he pissed on my shrubs - they died- and all this on only one day!

He is the enemy number one of this garden! I don’t want him here!

 

11:30PM:

The brat is forced to go to bed. – He accepted only when Jinki promised him that he would sing him a song and that he would have his goodnight-cuddle.

Donghae is forced too. He looked at me with puppy eyes as if he wanted that I promise him the same thing.

No. No way that I sing to him a lullaby to fall asleep. I am the gardener for God'sake!

 

11:47PM:

I visited my precious green rosebush -Babylon. He is healthy and nothing happened to him. You survived one more day! Yeah!

 

1AM:

Bzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzzz

“…”

Bzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzz

“…”

BZZZZZ BZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZ

“ ’llo?”

“Hyukiiiii-jae. Babylon is sick.”

 

 

--tbc--

 

 

 

A/N:

It’s weird right? But I like obsessed-Donghae and Brat-Taemin.

Sorry for grammar error

Next chapie will be Hae POV hehehe.

Hope you like it! ^^