Chapter 8

Living as a Princess (And a Pauper)

 

And BTW minor swearing. Only one word! Sorry!


 

Everyone knew Mondays were the worst. Or maybe the beginning of the worst. Either way, everything bad always seemed to happen on Monday. Naeun never used to think that way, but going back to school after a weekend of ignoring facebook messages and phone calls, Naeun knew she would surely face the consequences.
          "Yo! Naeun! Why weren't you there?!" 
          These faces everywhere of people she barely recognized or paid attention to. Some call her selfish, but she just genuinely wasn't interested.
          "Do you know how many people were looking for you? You would have gotten all the guys you could've possibly wanted if you were there!"
          But I only want Sehun... and I got him. I think. 
          Naeun walked through the hallways, fumbling with her jacket pocket to pull out her headphones and block out the chaos. Oh how she sometimes wish she could morph into a bug and fly away into a lonely, quiet corner. 
          "Naeun! Yo whats up!" 
          She stopped struggling with her tangled headphones and turned to the source of the voice. And of course, it was Yuna and Jeesun. She wouldn't stop for anyone other than her. Yuna of course. Naeun was very blunt. She hated Jeesun. And by the way the girl looked at her as she walked her way, it wasn't hard to tell that the feeling was mutual.
          "How was the party?" Naeun asked them in an attempt at not being suspicious. She might as well over expose herself so that no one would ask questions.
          "I can't believe you missed it to watch some movie, it was so fun! Crazy though, but I hope more of these come up. If only it were summer and not near winter. We could use a lot of heat here," Yuna rambled on while Naeun could only object silently in her mind. Naeun was always the opposite of her friends. She liked the cold crisp winter air, the fluffy snowflakes. She liked the silence in the air, the serenity. Summer to her represented loud music, heat and discomfort. 
          "Yo Naeun are you even listening or do you have your head in your stupid nerdy books?" the sound of Jeesun's very annoyed voice snapped Naeun back into reality. She was a little surprised by Jeesun's tone, but not so much for she was expecting it. Yuna on the other hand looked speechless, as she opened to say something but nothing came out. 
          "Yeah, I have my head in my stupid books. I'll just keep studying and maybe one day I'll be even more stupid than you," Naeun said in a completely uninterested tone. It took Jeesun a few seconds to register what she said before her eyes narrowed into daggers.
           "Park Naeun you really have no idea what you are slowly dragging yourself into right?" Jeesun's voice was low. Anger was definitely evident but Naeun chose to ignore her unsaid threat. 
           "I'm just saying," Naeun shrugged, internally smirking at her own smug attitude. Jeesun opened to counter Naeun when the bell rang, startling the girl. saved by the bell
           Naeun took the opportunity to escape the situation, leaving Jeesun and Naeun and leaving for the peace of a classroom. Recently she had been a little more out of character. Naeun often found herself thinking about Sehun and herself. What were they? Friends? She looked around her surroundings, as if she would see Sehun miraculously. She sighed when she brought herself back to reality. She had to work after school, she needed to study, and she was slowly bringing on suspicion from people in the school. Now she just hoped Jeesun would leave her alone, which she highly doubted, for Jeesun was most likely enjoying challenging Naeun. But Naeun chose to push the stress to the back of her mind, for it wasn't exactly important at the moment. There were more important things in life.
 
          Naeun didn't exactly expect to run into Sehun before she left for work. But she was happy she did so, and they exchanged little awkward talks.
          "So... how are you?" was what Sehun asked, while Naeun was a little flustered, for everything that happened, the intimate moments, all came rushing back into her head, and her cheeks flushed a pink.
          "I-I'm good," she breathed, wearing a small smile. Sehun only nodded, and patted her head gently with his hand. Naeun ducked down a little. Small talks. Simple gestures. Tiny things that struck her core every single time. It left with less sanity after every encounter. Naeun couldn't contain her smile as she turned around to leave the school. But she was only inches away from someone she really didn't need to see.
          "Where are you going in such a hurry? You should come shopping with us," Jeesun. 
          You guys went last week, she thought with an internal eye roll.
          "Can't, gotta study," Naeun answered simply attempting to get past the girl wearing pink stilettos, making her much taller than Naeun herself.  An arm stopped her, and Naeun glared at Jeesun, thinking of how unbalanced she must be in such high heels. 
         "Study? Really? Is that the excuse you're gonna use for the rest of your damned life?" Jeesun asked skeptically. Naeun tried to calm down her whirring mind. She was being challenged.
         "Are you accusing me of lying?" Naeun shot back. Jeesun only laughed.
         "Duh. Especially since you seemed to have become a little more... touchy with that Sehun boy after this weekend. The weekend in which you ditched the party our group was supposed to attend," Jeesun said with venom and knives that were so sharp Naeun could feel them cut into her. And she was bleeding. She could feel exposure, and everything on the brink of falling.
         "Who is to tell me who I should and should not be friends with?" Naeun was getting tired of this indirect argument and she was surely late for work. 
         "Us. Your friends. Your reputation and your pride. Hanging out with someone like Sehun just proves yourself to be just as low as him. But its okay really. The sooner you are out of my life and in twenty ranks below me, the better," Jeesun shot Naeun a small, smug, and very selfish smile. The kind that they always gave out to people looking up at them with adoring eyes. Naeun felt anger seeping from within her. She hit a few nerves. All that talk about ranks, Sehun, life. Jeesun knew nothing about life. She knew nothing about reality. And yet Naeun said nothing. She swallowed her pride with great effort. In fact it took so much strength to suppress her anger that she could feel her chest physically hurt. But she knew that she wouldn't talk back. Not know. Not when she could feel it all falling apart.

This may be the last chapter in about a week until my exam is over!

I've been cramming and mad

Its killing me TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

BUT GUYS!

GROWL M/V EXO COMEBACK

FX COMEBACK

I love the world <33333 I'm actually so excited for this MV I mean DAMN, the choreography is just amazing! and F(x) rum pum pum pum is awesome, I am so strangely addicted to the song. So yeah, I hope this chapter get the suttle plot started finally and thanks for being patient! THanks for subscribing and voting and commenting, please keep doing it! ILY!

And while waiting for the next chappy enjoy this gif of luhan being cute <3

byeeee!

~Yoonhye <3