Chapter 5

Living as a Princess (And a Pauper)

course language >.< only like one word so sorry lol


Sehun didn't know what to think. He really didn't. It was like everything had stopped working. Stopped thinking. The girl drove him crazy. He ran his fingers through his hair as he placed the pillows on the couch neatly. All the garbage in sight was gone. All that was left was clean furniture in the living room. A nice white couch, a TV, some blankets, a coffee table and a flower vase. Sehun wiped the sweat off his forehead and plopped down on the seat. He was exhausted. It had been two days since he had asked her about coming to his house, and he did everything he could to make everything perfect. But despite the exhausting work, he smiled in the end, because he knew it was going to be work it. 

          "Sehun! Stop cleaning the house already! She won't be that picky!" Sehun heard his mother yell from the kitchen. Sehun let out a small laugh. His mother telling him to stop cleaning. That was a first.

          "I thought you'd like it!" he yelled back. He heard a laugh from the kitchen.

          "I do! But this isn't you! It's scaring me," Sehun smiled and closed his eyes in thought. He loved his mother. She was everything to him, along with his beloved father. He had no idea what he would do without his parents. They weren't the wealthiest family though. He lived in a townhouse, which was small and cozy. His clothes were far from designer brands, just decent. His mother and father worked hard to support him and his studies, and Sehun was determined to let their hard work pay off and make them happy. He didn't know if simply being a good boy was the reason for losing popularity and being labled as a "loner," or a "nerd,". He had secretly been afraid of causing Naeun to lower her status by hanging out with him. But she really didn't seem to care. She even looked happy. She never looked happy hanging around the kings or her friends. He secretly wondered how she was feeling internally. 

          "You better go or you'll be late for school, I'll take care of the house while your gone alright?" Sehun's eyes snapped open at the sound of his father's voice. He looked up to see the man looking down at him.

          "Thanks dad,"

          Sehun's dad smiled and helped his son up, patting his back and sending him out the door. Sehun walked to school happily. He may not have girls going crazy over him, or a ton of friends, but he was happy. He was happy because he had a nice family. And he was happy because there was a girl on his mind that he couldn't wait to see.

Naeun went to school today feeling tension building up in her body. Tonight was the night of the party. In the last two days she's gotten over ten requests from guys who wanted to go with her. Most of which she barely knew but it didn't help that one of the kings had asked.

          "It'll be fun. We can get drunk, a pretty girl like you should go with someone more worthy shouldn't she?" his name was Kai and he had winked when he said it. Naeun resisted the urge to slap the life out of the boy. People like him disgusted her. Cocky and had a crazy big ego. Being popular meant being respected, but in another perspective, being princess material at a school meant being trashy.

          "What kind of a person do you take me for?" Naeun muttered under her breath. She slammed her locker door and walked away from him. But he was behind her, in which Naeun didn't notice until they had gotten to a less crowded part of the school and he grabbed her and slammed her against a locker door. 

          "Listen you . Just because you're a princess of the school, there are still people above you. Don't think you can go around pretending you're everything when you're clearly not, so would you like to go and re think my request?" he hissed.             Naeun couldn't deny being slightly intimidated and maybe a little fearful. He was almost a head taller than her, and his grip made it hard to breathe. But she was determined not to show any fear as she bravely replied;

          "I'm not rethinking it you bastard," her voice was stone cold. It was as if no emotion was present inside her, but Kai only smirked.

          "Really?" he leaned forward, his lips only centimeters away. Naeun's eyes widened when she realized what he was about to do.

          No!I haven't even had my first kiss yet! This bastard!

          Naeun reached her hand out, and placed it on his shoulder gently so that he couldn't feel it. Then she prepared her foot and with all her strength she forced him off of her. Kai stunbled back in shock as Naeun struggled to catch her breath which he was holding on to before. Kai looked furious, and Naeun knew better than to stick around. She took off down the hallway, unsure whether or not she should look back. She did. And in that moment she felt her body's impact against something hard, and before she knew it, a pair of strong arms wrapper around her.

          "Hey! What's wrong?" Naeun looked up, and she could feel the safety that the voice emitted. It was Sehun.

          "Kai's trying to kill me or something, after I rejected him and he tried to kiss me and-" 

          "Okay calm down, nothings going to happen," Even in a situation like this, Naeun felt her heart burst at his calming words. But safety didn't last for too long before footsteps approached them. Kai stood, his hair a mess in front of them, his eyes hard.

          "You need to stop making enemies princess. This isn't going to help your status. And why are you with this nerd," he sneered. He took a step forward causing Naeun to flinch. Sehun glared straight back, his face becoming emotionless. Naeun had never seen him like that. It was different from the Sehun she had always been used to, the one who always smiled so much around her. Sehun gently pushed Naeun behind him, facing Kai who was slightly shorter than Sehun himself.

         "Don't touch her, and leave," Sehun said in a low voice. Anyone would have been scared by then, but a king with a pride to protect didn't back down. 

         "What are you going to do loner? Protect the princess?? Its a shame she didn't turn a corner when she crashed into you. Do you really think she will acknowledge your existence?" Naeun felt her heart twist a little when she saw Sehun's emotionless features change. It hurt alot. But his fists weren't clenched and he made no move for kai. He only stood there, taking in the hurt. 

         "Funny how she rejected you but she came running to the loner instead. I guess in this situation you're a level lower,"  Sehun replied under his breath. Kai looked infuriated, because to Naeun's shock he ran forward and swung a fist at the taller boy's face. Naeun closed her eyes, overwhelmed with horror. Fights terrified her, it really did even though she looked like she wasn't afraid of anything. But to her confusion, she heard no sound of flesh against flesh. Just silence. With a pounding heart she opened her eyes slightly, and saw that Sehun had caught Kai's fist with his hand. A small smirk played at his lips.

          "Kings should know how to fight better," with a swing of his arm, Sehun flipped Kai over, and the latter landed on his back. 

          "Let's go!" Sehun grabbed Naeun's hand and lead her away from the king that was on the ground. They ran for a while, until they saw students again. Naeun didn't even know how she had gotten to such a strange place in the school. It was like the back, the kind of place that would be fit for gangs or druggies. They stopped in front of an empty classroom, struggling to catch their breaths. Naeun looked at their interlaced fingers and felt heat rise to her cheeks. And she realized something that seemed so cliche, but she found it so surreal and almost childish. He saved her. He rescued her. She couldn't even stop herself from relating it to the fairytales she read as a little girl. 

          "Thank you, Sehun-ah," 

           Sehun-ah. I like that Sehun thought. He looked at her tired figure. I wonder if she was scared at all?

          "No problem," Sehun said with a grin. He saved a princess today, did this make him a prince?


Cries I was going to have more plot development but my mind took me elsewhere. Sorry for this filler ish chapter, I'll try to have more stuff for you guys tommorow. But thanks guys! Please subscribe and comment <3 it encourages me to write <3

@ItzumiAiehara Updated :)) hope you like it ^^

@sleepingb2uty thanks!! ^^

~Yoonhye