New Environment, New Friends

My Beastly Boys

Hyoshin

As we were walking along the streets near our apartment, Dongwoon was also giving me a tour around the neighbour and telling me where were the important shops like for example the Pharmacy or Doctor, the 24hrs convienience store and so forth. Suddenly Dongwoon's phone rang.

“Hello, yes hyung? ? Im running some errands with a friend .” Then  there was a long pause, I assume the guy from the other line was telling him or  instructing him something as he replied, “Yes hyung, I see you there soon.” He hung up the phone. I was expecting him to say something but he didn’t. He just walked until from a distance I saw a handphone shop. He turned to look at me and said, “Ok noona, let’s get you that sim card.”

I just followed him as we went into the shop.

 


Dongwoon

“So Noona since we have bought the sim card. Let’s go and have our dinner.  You don’t mind if we join my friends for dinner too right?” I was afraid to asked her this question just now, scared I might have offend her or made her angry as she may not be comfortable around my friends moreover she didn’t even know them but her answer surprised me. “Yeah, sure.” She said without hesitation. Most girls would have rejected my request but not her. She is different, I said to myself.

“Ok then. Let’s go!”  So I decided that we took the subway. As we alighted at Hyehwa Station, I lead the way to the restaurant where the guys were waiting for me. It was a buffet restaurant, where we had to cook the raw meat ourselves. I knew where the guys might be seated, at our normal place by the windows at the corner of the restaurant. I was walking towards the guys when I realized that there wasn’t any sound of footsteps behind me. When I turned around, I saw her standing by the main door, hesitating. I thought she might felt a little awkward and knowing that I felt guilty, so I called out to her.

“Noona…. Come on. I know you’re hungry and the food here is delicious. So, come on.” “Coming Dongwoon…” was all she replied me. I waited for her until she was close enough for me to reach out and grab her by the hand. She didn’t even shuddered but from the looks of her face, I knew her mind was not in Korea. Probably something here reminds her of her hometown, Singapore. As we reached the table that the guys were seated I could see their eyes bewildered and I immediately knew why. I let her hand go casually and introduce her to the guys.

“Hi hyung, let me introduce her to you. This is Hyoshin noona, she’s new in town and she also happens to be my new neighbour.” I said as I look at Hyoshin noona. “Hi there.” She said with a very welcoming smile on her face. I was quite surprised cause for what I know; she was in a daze when we first came in here. Thinking of it, it made me giggled.

Suddenly I could feel many eyes we’re looking at me. I blushed slightly. “Sorry, I was – thinking of something.” Then all eyes went back to Hyoshin including mine. So I went towards the table and pull out the chair for her. She automatically came over and sat on the chair I have held out for her and I took my seat beside her.

 The first person and usually always is, Yoseob hyung starts the self-introduction. Yoseob hyung is the kind of person who is exceptionally friendly, so it is never hard for him to make new friends.

“Ok.... So, Hi Hyoshin. Nice to meet you, my name is Yang Yoseob.”
“Hi, my name is Lee Gikwang.”
“I think I will do the honors of introducing the rest of them, as they are somewhat high on alcohol right now. The guy beside me here is Doojoon. The blonde guy is Junhyung and the guy sitting beside Gikwang is Hyunseung.”

From the looks of this, it’s going to be a long night. I let out a sigh, just thinking about it. I just hope Noona will not be angry with me after tonight.

 


Hyoshin

As we reached outside the restaurant, it suddenly reminds me of Singapore. Back home there’s a restaurant similar to this too. Buffet and cooking ourselves, then it brought memories of my buddies back home. Gosh, I miss them so much! That was one of my last memories with them, eating at Seoul Garden for my so-called farewell party. I could feel my heart ache, while reminiscing those memories. Then I heard Dongwoon calling out for me.  “Noona…. Come on. I know you’re hungry and the food here is delicious. So, come on.”

“Coming Dongwoon…..” was all I could say. While walking towards him, I was trying to compose my feelings and try not to think so much of my memories, at least for tonight – I thought to myself. While I was in my own world of thoughts, I felt someone hands grab mine. Then I realized that Dongwoon was pulling me along as he walked. Probably he could read the expression on my face just now. But I felt warmth in his grasp, it was comforting when you feel lost in an unknown place. ‘Thanks Dongwoon’ I silently said to myself, I knew I had to thank him later.

As we got closer to the table his friends were sitting; I could see the expression written all over their faces. They probably were thinking that I might be Dongwoon’s unknown girlfriend. But then Dongwoon just casually let go of my hand – he probably realized the same thing I did just now. He introduces me to his friends so I tried to be calm and gave them a smile. They didn’t need to know how much I was suffering just now, when all of a sudden Dongwoon giggled. All of us turn to look at him, wondering if he was ok. But he recovered himself quickly from his own joke.

Then I took a quick glance at all the new faces that were looking at me, as of this moment there’s only one word I could describe them all, charming. I bet most girls will feel awkward if they were in my shoes right now but I knew better than to panic. It wasn’t my specialty; I never knew how to panic. It just wasn't my nature.

So after we had our short intro, Dongwoon started cooking the meat and since he was still young, he was the only one who was not allowed to drink. Maybe about 1 hour has pass and Doojoon who was sitting opposite me was already sleeping. Hyunseung was in his own world right now, with Gikwang tagging along. Junhyung was chilling at one side but he doesn’t seem to be able to take care of anyone else except himself right now. As for Yoseob & Dongwoon, well, they were pretty occupied with Hyunseung & Gikwang.

“Noona, I think we should go now. I just need a small favor from you. I need you take care of Doojoon hyung for me. We are kinda of busy with these two.” Dongwoon said as he was eyeing Hyunseung & Gikwang. All of sudden Hyunseung just ran out of the restaurant, having Yoseob chasing after him. Not long later, Gikwang followed them too. Then my eyes automatically look straight at Doojoon and I knew I had to try and wake this guy up.

While I was busy trying to wake Doojoon up, Junhyung went to the counter to pay the bill. I knew that Doojoon won’t be able to wake up, so I had to support him. So I took his hand and wrap around my shoulder. I pulled him, having my body supporting all his weight. I was used to this back home; my best friends were always drunk most of the time. So now I had to be their part time baby sitter for the night. Like it or not, I had to. There was no turning back now for all I know.

This is going to be a long night – I said to myself.