She's lonely, I know.

My Beastly Boys

Hyoshin

"Well, goodbye Dongwoon. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I told him just as we reached the lift lobby on the 13th floor.
"Urm.. Yeah noona. See you tommorow. Do call me if you need anything okay?" I just nodded my head and turned away from Dongwoon, I walk towards my apartment door. I opened the door and went in, took off my shoes, threw my bag to one side and I landed myself on the sofa with a thud.

'Ah! I'm so tired.' I said to myself. I looked at the clock, it was just 2:25pm. 'Wow.. It's still early though. What should I do today?' I asked myself. So I got up to change into something more comfortable and I decided to start on my homework first. Soon after, my handphone rang. I checked to see who was calling me, it was Dongwoon.

"Hello Dongwoon.. What's up?"
"What are you doing right now noona?"
"Just going to start on my homework. Why? Don't you have any?"
"Oh! I do. Want to do it together?"
"Yeah, sure. I don't mind."
"Okay great! I'll come over alright. See you."

He then hang up. I was about to stand up to see whether he has reached or not, when I heard a knock on the door. "Noona! I'm here!" Dongwoon was already outside. 'Woah! That's fast.' I told myself. I wonder why was he in such a rush to come over. I quickly walk towards the door and open it. "Ya.. That was fast. Did you ran all the way here or what?" I disturbed him. "Urm.. Well, something like that." he said and came in. "I'll get you a drink okay?" I told him as I went to the kitchen. "Yeah, sure."

When I came out of the kitchen, Dongwoon was already seated at the coffee table with his books beside mine. "Dongwoon ah, I will leave your drink on the dining table okay? Wouldn't want to wet our books later on." I informed him. "Yeah, sure noona. Thanks." he replied. "So, what homework do have today noona?" he asked excitedly. "You're excited. Well, I have maths and english for now. Just a few pages, it'll be fast. How bout you? Plenty?" I asked him. "Nope. Just one." "Only one? That's good isn't it? I wish I had none!" I laughed. I never liked homework but I will do it anyway and since I'm new I wouldn't want to get into trouble. Dongwoon just smiled at me. I have no idea why this kid is acting very different today but atleast he was here to keep me company, it feels nice. We quietly started on our homework.


Dongwoon

'What's wrong with Hyoshin noona?' I felt worried as she walked towards her apartment. I was still standing at the lift lobby looking at her until she entered her apartment. I wanted to go back home but I felt uneasy to just let her be. Then I recalled what I had promise to her this morning in the lift, that I am here so she shouldn't miss home. She is definitely feeling disorientated with no one to share her thoughts with or hear her rant about school and I knew at that moment what I should do. So I quickly took out my phone and gave her a call. When she told me I could come, without hesitation I quickly walked over to her house. "Noona, I'm here." I said as I knocked the door. She opened the door and let me in, as she offered to bring me a drink. I got settled down at the coffee table where she had left her books there. I took out a book, put it on the table and I waited for her.

We quietly started on our homework, I didn't actually have any, I just didn't want to leave her alone on her own which was why I asked if we could do it together. I simply scribbled anything on the book and made it like I was doing something. Not long later, "Finished." I said. "Wow! That's fast." She said. "It was just a few pages, that's why." I told her. "I still have plenty though, you can switch on the tv if you like. I won't be done anytime soon, maybe half an hour more. Make yourself at home okay?" she smiled as she told me. "Yeah, okay."

I stand up and went to have my drink at the dining area when I saw some pictures hung up on the wall. I walk towards it, I carefully looking at it one by one. Among all the pictures that was on the wall, one photo caught my eye. There was a girl standing among a group of guys, she had soft long curly hair, wearing a light blue dress with a pair of dark blue heels to match. She had simple make-up done, she looks so elegant and sweet. "Noona, who is the girl in the picture?" I abruptly asked her. "Hmm? Oh! Oh My.. I never thought I would guests coming over so I put that picture on the wall. How embarassing. Oh, it was just me. The guys wanted me to dress up since it was our last day together. They wanted to keep a memory of me or something like that. Idiots.." She said as she was lost in her train of thought and she smiled. She must have remembered her bestfriends back home, it was probably very hard for her to have left them after all these years. Most of her picture was all about them, since young till they've grown up, they were always together. I sympathized her, I never really asked why she was here after all this time but I definitely couldn't get my eyes off of her picture dressed up. She look so different, so beautiful and sweet.

"Noona, let's go for dinner together okay? After you've finished with your homework." I told her. "Uh? Ah. Yeah sure. Dinner." she replied. It was obvious I got her out of her trip to memory lane. I didn't want her to remember so much, she might just break down and cry or something. I wouldn't know what to do. So i took my seat beside her and I thought to myself, why not I get to know this girl a little bit more.

"Noona, can I ask you something? Why did you suddenly come back to Korea? You are only korean by blood."
"Ah.. My grandmother is very sick and my parents wanted me to follow them back to Korea though I didn't want to."
"Oh, so why haven't you been staying together with your parents? Since they're here with you."
"Where my grandparents stays is a little far from the city and it would be a hassle for me to go to school."
"Oh, I see. Well, that sums it up why you're here but you didn't expected to be neighbours with a good looking guy like me right? You're lucky right." I pulled out a joke. I didn't want to make her feel bad since she had to tell me the story. She crack a laughter, "You're so full of yourself, Dongwoon ah! Thank you for being here for me. You are like a brother I never had." Somehow her words felt like needles poking through my chest, 'why do I feel this way?' I asked myself. I just gave her a smile, I'm just glad I could be there for her. That's all that matters.