Hyoshin's Upcoming Changes

My Beastly Boys

The day I found out my life is going to change, 360 degrees. I just got back from school when I saw omma was sitting on the sofa at the living room. 'Omma is back from work? That's early.' Before I could asked her any questions, she spoke, "Hyoshin ah.. we have a problem. Please sit down first. I'm not sure how you'll take this but you need to listen carefully." she said in a calm tone but I could sense the urgency in her voice.

I knew something was wrong, omma was never one to get all worked up if it's just a small matter. I sat down on the sofa opposite her and waited for what she had to say.

"Ok... Hyoshin, we have to migrate..."

The moment I heard omma said MIGRATE, I could feel my face muscles started to strain. I was in a state of shock, confusion, disbelief and dislike. I gave her a disapproving look.

"Please let me finish.. Halmeoni (grandma) is very sick and her condition is deteriorating. We need to go back and be there for her. I've already made arrangements. So, omma and appa will be flying back to Korea in 2 days. As for you, temporarily will be staying with your aunt till you finish your 1st semester here. But in Korea they will still be having schools, so you must and I say MUST fly over by the next day your 1st semester ends. So, you'll have atleast a month to adapt to the korean educational systems before the semester break, early July..." Suddenly everything she said became distant. As my mind went blank, I stand up and left her there without a word. I went straight into my room.

The news was so shocking that I felt all my dreams had just been shattered. I've planned my future and it has all gone to waste. With all that thinking, it made me feel so frustrated. I change out of my uniform and came out of my room. As I was heading to the front door, I could hear omma talking to me from her bedroom, " Hyoshin.. Where are you going? You better listen to what omma told you just now. There will no exception. Understand?"

'She just made me feel more frustrated.. God help me...' I immediately left the house. I think if I were to stay at home another minute, I'll go insane. After leaving the house, I took out my handphone and started pressing some numbers.

"Hey guys, where are you...?" I decided to meet up with my bestfriends.


"Yo, korean girl! What's with the long face? And I thought you didn't plan to go out today?" asked Randy, one of my bestfriends.

I didn't even answered him, I just went straight to where they were seated and sat beside Eddy. I've always had this problem of controlling my anger, so when I'm like this, I will need my 'lifesaver'. So I dugged into my pocket and took out a small box, it's my cigarettes. I took a few puffs and I felt alittle calm. Then Eddy asked, "Are you alright, girl?"

"No.. Obviously... God! I just can't take this. I feel like the impact is too great.. Guys.. I'm leaving, for how long or forever? I'm not sure myself. But it's definite that I'm leaving for Korea end of this month. My grandma is sick and her condition has worsen. I... I can't believe this...." I held back my tears. It is so hard to tell them and I'm very sure it'll be harder to leave them in less than a month. My childhood friends, we grew up together through thick and thin, it just felt impossible without them in my life anymore.

As I look at each and every one of their faces, i thought to myself that I won't be able to get another chance like this anymore. As the truth sinks in, I could feel my heart breaking, leaving the people close to my heart and Singapore....


 Hope you liked it. =) Anything you read in this chapter is totally fiction. Please dont do this at home. =)