Chapter 9

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

For the last two periods of the school day, Min Ji was trying her hardest to come up with an excuse that Mr. Nam was definitely not Woohyun. But she couldn't.

From the cup tracing, to the necklace, to the familiar look in his eyes, he had to be him.

Woohyun didn't notice that his necklace had come out of his shirt. He just proceeded with his class normally.

Once the end of the school day came around, Min Ji eyed Woohyun intensively.

Min Ji just stayed in her seat, waiting for the students to leave one by one.

“You're not leaving?” Min Woo asked. “We should celebrate our awesome grades!”

“You go on ahead first. I need to talk to Mr. Nam about something.” she said, eyes not leaving Woohyun.

“Alright then. Meet me at the ice cream parlor, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

Once Min Woo left the classroom, Min Ji stood up and closed the door. She pulled the curtain down that was over the window.

Woohyun was still packing up his stuff, not noticing what Min Ji was doing.

“Mr. Nam.” Min Ji said.

He looked up and jumped when he saw her right in front of her.

“Oh! You scared me. What is it?”

Min Ji pinned Woohyun to the chalkboard. She leaned in and sniffed.

Armani...

Min Ji threw off his glasses and combed down his hair with her fingers. She stepped back to get a good look at him.

“What the ?!” she yelled. “You! Club! Woohyun! Teacher! What the ?!

She put a hand on her forehead and sat down in the seat in front of his desk.

 

“Min Ji...I-”

She suddenly stood up. "You, the most annoying teacher on the planet, is the guy I fell for at the club. You've got to be kidding me."

“Min Ji. Listen.” Woohyun spoke slowly.

“I....need to go.” she said throwing her bag over her shoulder and leaving.

Woohyun stared after her. He couldn't believe that just happened.

“Damnit!” he kicked a desk.

 

Min Ji walked into the ice cream parlor. She sighed in relief when she saw Min Woo there alone.

“Hey! Finally! What do you want?” he asked.

“I don't care. Just get me whatever.”

He nodded and ordered two vanilla cones.

“Here you go! One for me, and one for my best friend. Although, you're special. You get the rainbow sprinkles.” he laughed to himself and started to the ice cream.

Min Ji just sat still, staring at the ground while hold the cone.

 

“Min Ji noona. Hurry up and eat it. It's gonna melt.” Min Woo said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

“Oh, sorry.” she started to the ice cream too.

“Hey....is everything alright?” he asked, concerned.

“No.”

“What's wrong? Just hours ago, we were jumping for joy!”

“I just...sorry.”

He chuckled. “Why do you keep apologizing? I'm your friend. You can trust me. You can tell me anything. I can help.”

Min Ji looked up at him. She was about to tell him everything when the door to the ice cream parlor opened.

She turned and saw Woohyun walking towards her. She groaned. She wanted time to think.

 

Min Ji stood up and faced him.

“I can explain.” he said.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

“Then explain.”

“Okay, look. I didn't recognize you at the club or else I would've stopped it. And you probably would've stopped it too, but you didn't recognize me either. I knew it was you in the morning, after we had done it all. After we made love.” he walked closer to her slowly.

He placed a hand on her shoulder and his fingers went down her arm to hold her hand.

After I had fallen for you. I wasn't lying when I said that. I have fallen for you No Min Ji. Not even Mr. Nam can stop me.”

“God...” Min Ji looked away. “You make it so hard to stay mad at you.”

Woohyun smiled and kissed her lips. He missed them too much.

“Still up for that date this week?” he whispered.

“Don't have to ask me twice.”

“Didn't plan on it. Call you later? So we can talk this out?”

Min Ji nodded.

They pulled away from each other.

“Uh...carry on.” Woohyun backed away and left.

 

“Okay, what just happened?” Min Woo asked, feeling clueless.

“I need time to process this too...hold on.” she took a deep breath.

After a moment, she closed her eyes and then opened them again.

“Min Woo, can I trust you with this?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“I think I might've fallen in love with our teacher.”

“What?! What the heck? Min Ji!” Min Woo started freaking out.

“Chill the out! The thing is...I didn't know it was him. He looks different when he's Woohyun. You saw him.”

“Where'd you guys meet again?”

“At a club.”

“That explains why he didn't recognize you. You were probably all y'd up. Wait...you guys had ?!”

Min Ji nodded.

"Well, that outta be awkward when you see him in the classroom."

“Promise you'll keep this a secret?”

He made the gesture of sealing his lips and throwing away the key.

“I'll guard it with my heart and soul!”

Min Ji laughed at his childishness.

“By the way, I told you so.”

“Told me what?”

“Told you that underneath all that nerdiness, he could be a hott guy.”

“Oh shut up and eat your ice cream.”

“De noona~” he said, using his aegyo.

Min Ji made a mental note to listen to everything Min Woo says from now on.

============

AWHHH YEAH.

double updated today.

*pats herself on the back*