Chapter 7

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

Where have you been?!” Min Ji's mom yelled.

“At school.”

“This late?”

“Extra tutoring mom. I'm actually trying to graduate. My teacher is helping me.”

Her mom's face lit up.

“Really?! Oh my! How can you study on an empty stomach?! Invite him over for dinner and study here!”

“My teacher?”

“Yeah. I want to meet him!”

Can he do that?

She didn't know but the last thing she wanted was for Mr. Nam to come into her house. She didn't want his pestering in her own house either.

 

At the end of the school day the next day, Min Ji walked up to Mr. Nam.

“Mr. Nam...”

“What is it?”

“About the tutoring after school.”

“Oh yeah. I think I know why you don't quite understand the math. It's because you don't have the basics down yet. I'm going to start at the absolute bottom.”

“Oh. Well my mom was kind of mad that I came late last night.” Min Ji made a face, thinking about her mom's scary yelling.

“Really? I'm sure if I talked to her--”

“She suggested that you come to my house instead and you can stay for dinner so you can help me for as long as you can. But I don't know if teachers are allowed to do that. I mean it's TOTALLY fine if you can't. I can just go home early.” Min Ji said, hoping she could talk herself out of it cause she knew her mom would probably call Mr. Nam herself.

Mr. Nam recalled the principal saying something about, 'Doing whatever it takes to help the students succeed'.

He smiled. “It's okay. I can probably go.” It might be good for Woohyun too. To know what to expect so that her mom will like him. He heard her over the phone last night. Min Ji's mom sounded scary angry.

Min Ji face palmed.

“Damnit.”

 

The two picked up her brother at his school.

“Noona!”

“Hyun Woo-ah!” she hugged him.

Woohyun looked at them fondly. Who knew that a girl like Min Ji would have such a soft spot for her brother. It only made Woohyun fall for her even more.

“This is my teacher. Mr. Nam.”

“Hi little guy!” he waved.

Hyun Woo eyed him up and down. “This is Mr. Nam? He doesn't seem as bad as you always say at dinner.”

Min Ji quickly covered his mouth and giggled nervously before continuing to walk home.

Woohyun just looked at her.

What exactly does she say about me?

He shook his head and half jogged up to them.

 

As Hyun Woo went upstairs to his room, Min Ji just sat at the kitchen counter, ready to get the studying over with.

“Okay. We're going to start with 9th grade math. This whole week, you're going to be doing everything from 9th to 11th.” he plopped 3 large textbooks on the counter.

“What?! How do you expect me to understand 3 grades in 4 days?”

“It should be easy! You already learned it! It should just be refreshing your memory right? Then over the weekend, you can study what we learned yesterday. You'll be set for the test. I want you to improve your score from 40% to 70%.”

“Mr. Nam. You don't understand. I haven't gotten anything over a 50 in 2 years.”

“You can do it. Just trust me.”

Min Ji looked into his sincere eyes and thought they looked oddly familiar. She just shrugged it off and sighed.

“Okay...” she grumbled, not looking forward to this week at all.

 

“Oh yeah! I remember doing this! So this is how you solve step 4 in the problems we worked on yesterday right?” Min Ji asked.

Mr. Nam snapped. “Correct. See? Easier than you thought?”

“Yeah. It was in my mind this whole time. There was just a big wall in front of it.”

After a couple hours of studying, Min Ji managed to get 9th grade math down already.

“If you just tried to remember, you would have.”

“Yeah yeah.”

 

Just then Min Ji's mom came home.

Min Ji introduced them and her mom got started on dinner.

“Min Ji! What kind of host are you? Not offering our guest a drink!” her mom scolded.

She rolled her eyes and turned to her teacher.

“Want a drink?”

Mr. Nam chuckled at her nonchalant tone.

“No I'm fine.”

“Nonsense! I'll make you some of my tea!”

“What?! You never make me your tea!” Min ji yelled outraged.

“Because you don't deserve it.”

Min Ji pouted.

Woohyun had the biggest urge to kiss those plump lips, but he fought it. He couldn't blow his cover now. Especially not in front of her mother.

 

“Thank you.” he said when her mom handed him the tea.

“No problem. Anything for someone that's helping my daughter.” she smiled at him.

Min Ji stared at Mr. Nam as he sipped the tea.

She suddenly thought of what Mr. Nam would look like old. Still wearing those glasses, same clothes, and sipping tea all alone.

“Mr. Nam, are you single?” she blurted out.

He almost spit out his drink.

“Min Ji!” her mom yelled.

Min Ji shrugged. “Just curious.”

“No, I'm not single.” he answered.

At least I think I'm not...I'm not taken...or single...

Min Ji's eyes widened. “You date?”

“What? You think I don't have my needs? I'm human like you.” he chuckled.

She couldn't believe it. She was having a conversation with Mr. Nam about needs.

 

“How about you Min Ji? Are you single?” Her mom asked suspiciously.

Min Ji noticed Mr. Nam tracing the top of his cup with his middle finger, anticipating her answer.

Just like Woohyun...I didn't know that was such a common habit.

“I don't know.” She replied honestly. Woohyun hadn't asked her on a date yet. Then she started to wonder why.

Maybe he doesn't like me as much as I thought.

“Honestly, I don't know if I am or not.”

Woohyun looked over at her sad expression. He would definitely use this to his advantage later.

 

Mr. Nam left after dinner.

“Thank you again Ms. No.” he bowed.

“No problem at all!”

Once she closed the door, she turned to Min Ji.

“I like him.”

“Mom, he's my teacher.

“I know. I'm just saying. You shouldn't give him a hard time.”

“How do you know I give him a hard time?”

She gave her daughter a look.

“I know you No Min Ji. I raised you. If I don't know you, who does?”

“I'm going to shower.” she ran up the stairs.

 

After Min Ji showered, she plopped herself onto her bed and let herself be buried in the sheets. She was ready for sleep. Her brain was tired of thinking.

Just then her phone rang.

“Hello?” she picked up, without looking at the caller ID.

“Are you okay?” Woohyun asked. He was about to blurt out that she looked upset earlier, but then he remembered that he didn't see Min Ji today. Only Mr. Nam did.

“Huh? Yeah. Just tired. That's all. Lots of studying.”

“Oh...okay.” he didn't seem to buy it.

“Woohyun...”

“Hmm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“Why haven't you asked me to go on a date yet?”

 

Woohyun didn't know how to reply. He didn't want to be a distraction for her because he wanted her to focus on her studying. But they, together, were important to him too.

“I've just been busy with work lately. We'll go on a date the second it clears up.”

“Where do you work?”

“Uh...at a school.”

“Really? Are you like a counselor or something?”

Woohyun. Think of something.

“Oh no...I'm a--”

“Go to sleep No Min Ji!” her mom's yelling echoed through the phone.

Saved by the mother.

“Ugh, I gotta go. Bye Woohyun.”

Woohyun sighed in relief.

“Good night Min Ji.” he whispered and hung up. He felt bad. He wanted to take Min Ji on a date badly. He missed her presence of them being together as Min ji and Woohyun.

He'd just have to fight it for awhile.

===============

my thoughts are jumbled up right now because of infinite's new hairstyles. they all look AMAZING. LJDFLJDHFDJHFIOSUNVJKDSVBIU.

can you believe it? i actually swooned over sungjong more than the others. he's getting manlier these days isn't he? ;) [until i watched the black and white performance. DIVA CAME OUT AGAIN.]

i LOVE LOVE LOVE dongwoo's new hair the most though. it fits him.

YAY! finally saw hoya's forehead again! i was wondering when they'd have another hairstyle for him that showed his forehead since the inspirit album. i think those hairstyles look the most handsome on him!

and did anyone notice that when they were dancing to black and white, myungsoo looked like an awkward lost puppy? LOL. he's so cute.

OMG. i'm having this long section at the end of my chapter about their hair. haha.

i love you if you actually read all of this nonsense. <3