Chapter 20

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

You guys really broke up?” Min Woo asked at lunch.

Min Ji nodded. “I don't wanna talk about it.

He nodded in understanding. “Yeah, of course. I really miss you being my seat buddy. I have no one to copy off of now.”

His attempt at humor had fallen flat.

Min Woo sighed. “Cheer up. I don't like seeing my best friend upset.”

“I'm sorry.”

“If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Nam didn't look too happy today either. He kept staring at your empty seat. I don't think anyone but me noticed.”

“That doesn't make me feel better.”

“I have an idea! Let's go to the amusement park again today after school! It's going to close down for the winter soon since it's starting to get chilly. We should go one last time!”

Min Ji thought about it. It would probably help get her mind off of Woohyun.

“Alright. I'll go. So why weren't there any fangirls this morning?”

“They're following some new guy that just transferred. He's a junior I think, also an ullzang. Myungsoo or something? Goes by L. I wonder if he has a death note. Ha ha ha....ha...” his attempted humor failed again.

Min Ji just wished this L guy would've transferred earlier. Maybe things wouldn't have been so complicated.

 

At the end of the day, as Min Ji and Min Woo were walking out of the school Hoya ran up to them.

“Woohyun told me what happened when I asked him why he looked so down. I'm sorry. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here.” he said.

Min Woo clicked his tongue a few times and wiggled his finger at him.

“Oh no. That's what I'm here for. I'm her best friend.”

Min Ji laughed. “Thanks Hoya.”

The two walked away while Hoya went to his car with a small smile.

 

Weeks flew by and the only thing Min Ji focused on was school. Her grades went up so much that she was in the top 10 in her new class which surprised everyone, including Min Ji herself. But it was honestly getting too much for her lately. She wanted to give up so many times already but then she thought about her mom and Hyun Woo. She wanted to take care of them so she needed to graduate.

Min Ji spent her weekends either studying or hanging out with Min Woo. She hung out with Hoya sometimes but she tried to avoid it as much as possible because she knew he still had feelings for her. She wasn't ready for another relationship. Especially not one with Hoya.

 

Woohyun never stopped thinking about Min Ji the day they broke up. Hell, he never stopped thinking about her since the day they met. He missed her and wanted to win her back, but there was nothing he could do. He thought about quitting his job and making Min Ji his again but he didn't know if she would even take him back.

In front of his class, he tried to act as normal as possible, but sometimes it was hard with that empty chair mocking him. It was even worse than Hoya's satisfied smirk. Sunggyu and Dongwoo started to get worried. Their best friend wouldn't go out with them anymore. They often found him in his apartment watching reruns of a lame comedy show no one liked. They weren't even sure if he was watching or if he was thinking about Min Ji and using the TV as a cover up.

Something needed to be done.

 

Once winter break came around, Min Ji couldn't wait to finally relax even if it was just for 2 and a half weeks.

On December 23, Min Ji woke up more happier than normal.

“Min Ji-ah! Can you run to the store and get me some stuff?” her mom asked, poking her head in her room.

“But it's cold outside!”

“Please?! I have to do Hyun Woo's laundry and clean. Plus, it's practically noon. The sun is at it's highest!”

“...fine.” she grumbled.

“Thank you! The money and list is on the table. Buy whatever you want if there's extra money left over.”

“Kay.” She put on some warm clothes, grabbed the money and list and left.

 

Min Ji sighed in relief when she found gloves in her pockets. Her hands would surely freeze from carrying those bags in the cold. It had also started to snow.

When Min Ji entered the house it was empty.

“Mom, I'm home!” she set the bags down and furrowed her eyebrows.

“Hyun Woo?!”

Silence.

Suddenly, she had a bad feeling in her stomach and decided to search the whole house. She entered the kitchen and looked around. The soup on the stove was still steaming.

 

“SURPRISE!”

Min Woo, Hoya, Hyun Woo and Min Ji's mom all popped up from behind the counter with party hats and gifts.

Hoya had a cake in his hands with 2 candles that said '21'.

Min Ji almost screamed from shock.

They sang happy birthday and Min Ji made a wish.

I wish to graduate and have everything turn out alright...for everyone.

She blew out the candles and everyone clapped. She looked around and couldn't help but think that there was one face missing.

 

“You guys didn't have to do this.” Min Ji said. She hasn't had a birthday party since middle school.

“What?! It's your big two one! How could we not?!” Min Woo hugged her.

Hoya nodded in agreement.

“Noona! You're so old now!” Hyun Woo giggled.

“Yah...” she glared at him.

“Also think of it as a celebration for being in the top 10 in your class!” Min Ji's mom added. “Let's have lunch before cutting the cake!”

 

They all spent the day watching movies and playing games.

“I'd love to stay longer but I have to leave for dance practice. Bye! Happy birthday!” Min Woo said and left.

It was starting to get dark. That's one thing Min Ji hated about the winter. The days were too short sometimes.

“Isn't there anywhere you want to go?” Min Ji's mom asked her.

“Hmmm...not really.” she replied.

“Come on. It's your birthday. There should be a place you want to go to.” Hoya said.

“Yeah. You only turn 21 once you know. Why don't you go clubbing? You haven't went in awhile haven't you?”

“No...”

“Yeah let's go clubbing! I can take you!” Hoya exclaimed.

“I don't know.”

“Go Min Ji. Go have fun.” her mom urged.

“Alright.” she sighed defeated. “Let me go change.”

 

“Which club are you taking me to?” Min Ji asked Hoya when they were driving in his car.

“I don't remember what it's called but it's really nice! It's pretty new. You know the one that just opened a couple of months ago? Oh, there it is!” he pointed.

She followed his finger and she felt something inside her stir. It was the same club Woohyun and her met at.

“You okay? You look a little pale.”

“Oh no, I'm fine. My body doesn't really like the cold.”

“Okay. Let's just get inside quickly then.”

Hoya parked the car and they went inside.

 

It looked the exact same as Min Ji remembered it except there were less people than that night.

“I feel like a loser coming so early.” Min Ji blurted.

It was only 7:45 but outside it looked like it was already 9.

“Yeah...but that just means we have more time to have fun right?”

“I guess so.”

The two of them sat down at the same exact bar Woohyun and Min Ji sat at.

“Hey, can we get your best drink? It's this pretty lady's birthday today.” Hoya told the bartender.

“Oh, happy birthday. Here. This one's on the house.” he slid a drink down to her.

“Thank you.” Min Ji took it but didn't make any motion to drink it.

“Come on Min Ji!” Hoya sipped his drink. “It's your 21st birthday. Have fun. Let loose.”

 

The only thing Min Ji could think about was the fact that she missed Woohyun the most at the moment. She wanted to spend her birthday with her family and Woohyun. She missed him and sitting there at the place they met didn't help that fact.

Min Ji wondered if Woohyun even remembered her birthday or if he was thinking about her or if he wanted to even say happy birthday to her or if he was out with another girl. It hurt her to think about him actually being with someone else.

She shook her head.

I broke up with him. Why am I like this?

Min Ji looked at Hoya once before grabbing her glass and chugging it down.

“Another one.” she said.

“Yes ma'am.” the bartender set another one down.

 

The doorbell rang while Min Ji's mom was doing the dishes.

“Coming!” she yelled and walked to the door.

She opened it and stood face to face with Woohyun.

“Is Min Ji home? I'd like to give her this. It's her birthday, right?” he held up the box in his hands.

“Uh, yeah. But I'm afraid she's not home yet. Would you like me to pass it onto her?”

“I really want to give it to her in person.”

“Are you by any chance Woohyun?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“She went clubbing. She probably won't be back til late.”

There was only one place Woohyun could think of. He bowed. “Nice seeing you again Ms. No. Bye! Have a nice night.”

“Likewise!” she shouted and closed the door.

“Wait...again? This is the first time I've ever met him...” she muttered while walking back to the kitchen.

 

Woohyun parked his car and practically ran into the club. The first place he went to was the bar. He frowned when he saw that you weren't there.

“Excuse me.”

“Yes?” the bartender asked.

“Was there a girl here earlier? About this tall, dark hair, possibly in a ponytail.”

The bartender eyed the gift in his hands.

“Oh yeah! It's her birthday today right? Yeah I saw her. She's dancing I think.”

“Thank you.” and Woohyun ran off.

 

He searched the crowd, looking at every person carefully just in case she looked different again. He spotted Min Ji dancing with Hoya. His hands were on her hips and her arms were around his neck. It looked like she was saying something important to him. Hoya just watched her intently. He took her hand started to pull her through the crowd but she stopped him.

Instead of continuing to dance, she grabbed his collar and kissed him.

Woohyun just watched them with watery eyes. He blinked a few times, making sure he wasn't just seeing things but they were still there.

He quickly turned around and walked out of the club.

It was like his heart was broken for the second time.

==========

today has been a good day...

infinite comeback.

teen top comeback.

ze:a performing Heart For 2.

boyfriend performing You & I.

we're being so spoiled lately i love it. <3333

and i'm really happy that there are lots of myungsoo biased people out there! i was starting to get worried that i was the only one. (which now i know is impossible... ;D)

aigo.......SO. TIRED. MUST. SLEEP.

*dead*

ZzZzzzzz...