Chapter 6

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

Min Ji tiptoed into her house, hoping her mom left for work already. She went to the shoe rack and noticed that her mom's work shoes weren't there.

“Yes!” she fistpumped the air and ran upstairs to check on Hyun Woo. Luckily he was still asleep.

Min Ji grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom. She slipped off her black dress and the water to it's hottest. She sighed in satisfaction as the hot water cleansed her. Once she was clean, she stepped out and got dressed in a tank top and shorts.

She heard Hyun Woo walk out of his room.

“Hyun Woo-ah. Are you hungry?”

He nodded while rubbing his eyes.

“Alright, go brush your teeth while I make you some food.”

He mumbled something in response.

Min Ji chuckled and skipped down the stairs.

She took out a pan and cracked an egg on it.

“Wait...” she suddenly stopped. “Hyun Woo.”

She tilted her head in thought.

“Woo Hyun....Hyun Woo...Woo Hyun. Wah, I think that's a sign.” she muttered to herself before continuing to cook breakfast.

 

While Hyun Woo was eating his breakfast and enjoying his Saturday cartoons, Min Ji ran upstairs to her bedroom. She was about to listen to music when she tripped on her book bag. As she was glaring at it for tripping her, she realized she had homework.

“Aw man...” Min Ji whined and took out her textbooks.

As she was staring at the words, numbers, and paragraphs, she was thinking about how she would definitely give Mr. Nam a hard time for giving this much homework on a weekend.

Then she remembered that she would be attending his after school tutoring sessions. Min Ji groaned and banged her head once on the book before wincing.

She was definitely dreading school on Monday.

 

“Morning Min Ji-sshi.” Mr. Nam greeted when she came in late...again. “I should give you detention since this is your fifth time being late.”

Min Ji plopped down in her seat beside Min Woo.

“Then give me detention. I have to be in here after school anyways.” she replied coldy.

“That's right...anyways!” he continued with his lecture about something Min Ji couldn't care less about.

 

“You shouldn't push Mr. Nam's buttons. He seems like he would be a beast if he's angry.” Min Woo said while they were eating lunch.

“Mr. Nam? A beast? Yeah right. He seems like the type of guy that wouldn't hurt a fly and does yoga.” Min ji scoffed.

Min Woo shrugged. “You never know...underneath all that nerdiness, he might be a mafia gang leader or something. Or maybe a hot guy.”

“That outta be a sight.”

 

Mr. Nam was eating his lunch when his student walked in the door.

“Oh...Sungyeol-ah! What brings you here?”

“I kinda want some...er, advice.”

His eyes widened. “Me? Advice? What makes you think I give good advice?”

“I don't know...you're the only staff member in this old school that's the closest to my age.” Sungyeol gripped his backpack tightly.

“Uh...okay. What is it?”

Sungyeol sat down in the desk right in front of Mr. Nam's desk.

 

After a minute of silence, Sungyeol finally spoke up.

“I have a crush on Min Ji.”

His eyes widened. He remained calm on the outside but on the inside he was having a freak out. Sungyeol was one of the most handsome boys in the class. Of course Min Ji would accept his feelings. He had to do something.

“She's just so hard to approach. I don't know how to strike up a conversation. I've liked her for awhile now. What should I do?”

“I say give up on her.” Mr. Nam said calmly sipping his drink.

“What?!”

“I mean...face reality sport.” he put a hand on the boy's shoulder. “She's older than you and if she liked younger guys, don't you think she'd go for No Min Woo by now? He's handsome and I heard he's a dancer.”

“I guess...” Sungyeol frowned.

“Hey. How about Hara?”

“Hara? Isn't she dating Junhyung hyung?”

“Oh she is? How about Hyuna?”

Sungyeol tilted his head in thought, considering. “She is pretty...”

Jackpot.

“I saw her eyeing you in class the other day too. One of the perks of being at the front! I can help you out.”

Sungyeol smiled, making his cheeks puff up.

“Thanks Mr. Nam. You're the bomb.” he did a handshake with his teacher before running out of the room.

Mr. Nam sat back in his chair and sighed in relief.

“That was close.”

 

The final school bell rang and Min Ji stayed in her seat.

“You're not leaving?” Min Woo asked.

“No. I have after school tutoring with Mr. Four Eyes over there.” she muttered, scowling at him at the front of the room.

“Oh. Well see you tomorrow then. Bye!”

Min Ji nodded and sulked.

 

As other students came into the room, Min Ji took out her phone and decided to text Woohyun.

 

To: Woohyun

I'm stuck in school with my lame teacher. Help me.

 

“Put your phone away! You're still here!” Mr. Nam scolded.

Suddenly his phone started ringing.

He froze and tried to muffle the sound by clutching onto his back pocket.

“Aren't you going to get that?” Min ji raised an eyebrow, annoyed about the fact that he could use his phone but she can't.

“Uh...yeah.” he turned around and opened the phone.

Once he read the message, he scoffed.

“Lame? I'm lame?” he whispered to himself while texting back.

 

To: Min Ji

Yah, focus in school. And you're not supposed to have your phone out!

 

He put his phone back into his pocket and stared at Min Ji's bored face while she was staring out the window.

There were about 5 students there altogether.

Wow...a lot more than I thought...

“Alright. I'll give you guys a pre-test to see where you all are at, okay?”

He was passing out the papers when the text got to Min Ji's phone. He heard the vibrate and quickly went to his desk so she could check it. He was pretending to look at something on his computer but he was watching her in his peripheral vision.

Min Ji looked up to see if Mr. Nam was looking before typing a reply, and then going back to the pre-test.

Woohyun made sure his phone was on vibrate this time. The text came and he opened it slowly, trying not to make any noise.

 

To: Woohyun

Psh...you sound like my teacher. Bu I couldn't help myself. I miss you. <3

 

Woohyun tried to hide his grin by biting his lip. He looked up at Min Ji and smiled. She looked even more charming when she was concentrated on something.

 

To: Min Ji

I miss you too. <3 I'll call you later, okay? In the meantime, focus in school! Don't you want to be a good cook?

 

When Min Ji got the reply, Woohyun peaked over the book in front of his face to see the reply.

He saw her grin, slip the phone back into her pocket and continue to work hard on the pre-test.

Woohyun nodded, happy with her reaction.

 

“I don't understand!” Min Ji yelled, frustrated with the math problem.

Mr. Nam sighed. “I'll go through it again.”

“No. I'm going home! It's already seven! I had to have my mom get off work early so she could pick up my brother!” she said, gathering her things.

The other students left hours ago when they understood everything he was teaching.

“You're not leaving until you understand.”

“What if I never understand?”

“Then you're never leaving.”

“You're the worst teacher ever!”

“I haven't given up on you yet. You're going to graduate. Now sit down!”

“No!”

Mr. Nam sighed, defeated. “Fine. We'll just continue tomorrow.”

“No. I'm never staying after again.”

He raised an eyebrow. He knew she was bluffing. He could tell by the look on her face.

“Fine, do what you want. While you're stuck here for another long year in high school, your classmates will be gone, starting their new lives. Aren't you tried of watching people move passed you?”

“Maybe...”

“Just go home. Eat and get some rest.”

Min Ji walked out of the classroom and school.

“God, I hate him.” she muttered.

============

mr. nam is such a dream ruiner isn't he? poor sungyeol...LOL.

 

DID YOU GUYS SEE DONGWOO'S PIGGY BOXERS ON SESAME PLAYER?!

OMG. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH.

seriously...i don't even own pink underwear...and with pigs on it nonetheless.

dongwoo will forever be 4-DDDD. <3