Chapter 14

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

Min Ji walked into school on Monday smiling. Her date with Woohyun on Saturday had made her the happiest girl in the world.

“Hey Min Ji. You look happy today.” Min Woo commented.

“Don't I always?”

“No. You always walk in looking like you're ready to murder someone.”

“Thanks.” she muttered.

“Min Ji-ah! How are you?” Hoya ran up to her. The girl students around her started to squeal at his cuteness.

Woohyun glared at him through his glasses.

“Good. Great actually.” Min Ji smiled.

“You know, I was thinking we should go out.” Hoya suggested.

Woohyun's head snapped up.

“What? You know I have a boyfriend.”

“I really miss you. It's been awhile. We could go out to dinner or something.”

“I don't know...”

“Why not? I don't think your boyfriend would mind, would he?”

The look in Hoya's eyes and the tone he used made Min Ji cringed.

He knows...

“Alright one dinner.” she agreed. If one dinner would shut him up, she would follow through with it. She could ask him questions if she wanted too.

“Great. Pick you up at 6? I was thinking going to our favorite restaurant by my house that we used to always go to. You know...where we had our first kiss.” Hoya smiled.

“Okay. Sounds good.”

Hoya winked at her and walked away.

Woohyun almost dropped the papers he was holding.

 

Min Woo was staring at Min Ji with his mouth wide open.

“I hope you realize that your boyfriend is standing right there.” he whispered.

“I know.” Min Ji sat down in her seat.

Woohyun looked pissed. [a/n anyone else think that imagining woohyun getting jealous is totally y? Idk if it's just me...i'm weird. OTL]

 

Woohyun managed to keep his anger to himself the whole day.

“I demand an explanation.” he said when the classroom was empty.

Min Ji didn't want to tell Woohyun about her assumption. She didn't want him to worry. If she talked to Hoya herself, maybe he would keep his mouth shut. Hoya was always a reasonable person. She wasn't even sure if he knew or not.

“I haven't seen him in forever. What's one dinner going to do?”

“It could do a lot.”

“Woohyun, trust me.”

“I do. It's him I don't trust.”

Min Ji looked around to make sure no one was there before pecking Woohyun on the lips.

“Hoya won't try anything. If he does I'll kick him so he won't be able to have babies.” she started to leave the classroom.

“If he lays a hand on you...”

“I'll cut it off.”

“A little gory then what I would've expected but that works too.”

Min Ji smiled and blew him a kiss. He pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket.

 

“Why didn't you call Dongwoo?”

“And bring him here? Yeah right. He'd order the whole menu.”

“You should've changed out of your teacher clothes.”

“I would've but I didn't have time. There was a staff meeting that went on forever.”

“Hey friends!” Dongwoo yelled and sat next to Sunggyu.

“How did you...?”

“I have a sixth sense. I knew you guys would be here.”

Woohyun shivered but quickly put the menu in front of his face.

“There they are! There they are! Cover your faces!”

The two followed suit.

 

“Hi, what would you like to order?” the waiter asked.

“Oh!” Dongwoo smiled and looked through the menu. “I'll have spaghetti. Wait...Sunggyu hyung are you paying?”

Sunggyu scoffed. “Psh, no. Woohyun dragged us here. He can pay.”

“Fine fine...I'll pay.” Woohyun craned his neck to see the other table.

“Great! Then scratch that! I'll have the lobster!” Dongwoo snapped his fingers.

Sunggyu laughed. “Yeah...what he said.”

Woohyun glared at them.

“And for you sir?” the waiter looked at Woohyun.

He sulked before handing him the menu.

“I'll have a salad...”

 

“Hoya. I know you know.” Min Ji said when the waiter left with their order. Maybe she could get the truth out of him without saying anything about it just in case he didn't know.

“Know what?”

“You know...”

“I don't know what you're talking about.” he sipped his water.

“Yes you do!”

“The only thing I know is that you look beautiful tonight and I was so stupid for dumping you.”

Okay...maybe he doesn't know anything...

“That's all in the past...” Min Ji looked down, thinking about how much he had hurt her years ago.

“I really missed you Min Ji.” he looked at her with sincere eyes.

It reminded her of all the times they spent together in high school.

She shook her head. She had Woohyun now.

 

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows. “I wish I could hear what they're saying...”

His two friends were silent as they ate their lobsters happily.

“Oh my God. This is so good.” Dongwoo his lips.

“I'm glad you two are enjoying your very expensive dinner.”

“Woohyun-ah, have some.” Sunggyu tried to feed him.

He opened his mouth but Dongwoo quickly snatched it and ate it.

Woohyun pouted. Sunggyu only shrugged and continued to eat.

“Is he trying to touch her leg?!” Woohyun whispered loudly.

Dongwoo and Sunggyu turned their heads in sync.

“Oh . Yeah he is.” Dongwoo said.

“But it's okay! Look. She pushed it away.”

“I was hoping she'd cut it off like she said....”

 

“Oh Min Ji noona! Fancy meeting you here!” Min Woo popped out of nowhere and pulled up a chair to their table.

Min Ji smiled. She wasn't sure how Min Woo got there but she was glad he did.

“Is that salmon?!” he yelled and took a bite of Hoya's food. “Mmm, that's good.”

Hoya glared at him. “Can't you see we're on a date?”

“What date? Last time I checked, she already had a boyfriend.” Min Woo said, taking some of Hoya's mashed potatoes.

Min Ji giggled silently to herself.

“Yah...leave. Don't forget that I grade most of your papers.”

“Oh yeah. I've been meaning to ask you about that. I got one of my questions right and you marked it wrong. So unfair.” Min Woo pouted.

“If you leave I'll change it.”

He thought about it. “Nah...I still got a good grade. I'd much rather be here eating your food.” he continued to eat.

 

“Hey, that little dude is crashing their date.” Sunggyu pointed out.

Woohyun quickly looked up and fist pumped.

“Random...but nice Min Woo-ah.”

“You know...Min Ji will probably be really pissed if she sees you here spying on them.” Dongwoo said with his mouth full.

“I know, but I'm willing to take the risk. I really don't like that Hoya guy.”

“What if Hoya sees you?” he asked.

Woohyun froze and stared at him. “I didn't think of that...”

Sunggyu shook his head.

 

“Well, look at the time.” Min Woo said after 30 minutes of annoying Hoya to the max.

“You don't even have a watch!” Hoya rubbed his temples in annoyance.

“Noona and I have somewhere to be. Right, best friend?”

“Uh, yeah. We do.”

“What?!” Hoya yelled, outraged.

“Thanks for the dinner! See you in school!” Min Woo waved.

“B-but...”

He took Min Ji's hand and dragged her out of the restaurant.

“What the..?” Hoya looked around dumbfounded.

“Did that really just happen?”

 

Woohyun clutched onto his stomach and laughed.

“Oh man. Did you see his face?! Ha ha ha!”

Dongwoo took a bite of his chocolate sundae. “I guess that was pretty funny.”

“I'm so giving Min Woo an 'A' on his next essay. That kid deserves it.”

Sunggyu ate the last piece of his key lime pie and rubbed his stomach.

“I'm so full.” he groaned. “I feel pregnant.”

“Here's your check.” the waiter set it down on the table.

Woohyun's eyes widened and his mouth dropped. He didn't know what to say first so he just looked at his two friends with a death glare.

“Oh, well you looky there. It's already passed my curfew. See you!” Dongwoo ran off. “Don't forget the tip!”

Sunggyu gulped. “I gotta help my grandma with some...er....knitting. Bye.”

He ran away without another word.

“No help. Seriously no help at all!”

 

Hoya sat back and sighed. He barely got a decent conversation with Min Ji. It was true that he missed her and regretted breaking up with her. But he also wanted to test his hypothesis. He had to get some type of clue that Mr. Nam was indeed the Woohyun he met on Saturday because he still wasn't so sure. There could be another Nam Woohyun, right? He cursed himself for not getting a better look at him.

He put down some money and a tip before leaving.

 

Hoya walked to his car whistling a random tune. He unlocked the door and drove out.

He sighed when the yellow light changed to red.

His eyes wandered around and stopped at the entrance of the restaurant. He sat up when he saw Woohyun walk out and to his car.

He knew those clothes. They were Mr. Nam's and he was stalking his dinner with Min Ji.

As the light turned green, Hoya smirked and drove off.

=========

so far....the song i'm anticipating the most on infinite's album is be mine, and real story.(myungsoo's voice <3333333 kya~) but i can't wait for all of the tracks! OMG. KDHFIURN. i can't wait anymoreeee!!

mianhe for not updating yesterday! (hooked on death note...)