My Parents Are Coming

Book of Consequences

‘Thanks Kai… for coming into my life just when I needed you.’

...

I woke up on Kai’s bed and when I looked outside, it appeared to be halfway through the day. I checked my phone and it said ’12.04’. “Dammit!” I quickly jumped out of bed and rushed into the living room to find Kai, but instead, I found a note on the dining table which was written by him.

‘Dear Krystal,

I’m off to school, but if you need anything just call me. I didn’t wake you up because I thought that you should just rest for today. I’ll tell the teacher why you didn’t go to school today. Oh, and by the way, your parents left a message this morning. They’re coming early because they said they’d see you before going to the police station. It think they said by 3p.m. If you think I shouldn’t be there with you guys just call me. I’ll just wander around ok? And Yoona made food for you :) eat!

                                                                                                -Kai’

I smiled as I looked at the other side of the table. There was a tray with a sheet over the top. I walked over to take a look. I took off the sheet and saw a feast. I ate as much as I could, but my stomach couldn’t fit in that much.

At around 2p.m, I received a call from Kai. He was on the phone with Yoona on the other side. “How are you?????” Yoona asked

“I’m ok… I think… thanks for the call…”

“No worries… Hey do you want us to let you have some private time with your parents? Or should we go???” she asked enthusiastically.

“Can you guys come? I think it’ll be a lot more comforting.”

“HEY KAI CAN WE COME TO?” I heard some other voices in the background

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“Yah! Go away! Next time. OK?” I heard Kai say.

“Aw… Why not???”

“Yoona! Who is that?” I asked

“Oh don’t worry. They’re just Kai’s friends.”

“Hey Yoona, can you swap over to them please?”

“OK… But why?”

“Just going to explain so they’re not that disappointed.”

She swapped over to a bunch of loud boys our age.

“HI!!!!” All of them said together.

“Hey…”

“Hey Krystal, why aren’t you at school today? What happened?” one of them asked.

“Hey Baekhyun! Stop hogging the phone! We want answers to!” another one of them said.

“Hello?” I asked to get their attention.

“Oh yeah Krystal, this is D.O, why can’t we go to Kai’s house? I heard you’re staying over hehe.”

“Ooh! What are you guys doing? Living in the same house?” a few of them said.

I slowly and carefully explained what happened with Jessica Unnie and why I moved into Kai’s house.

“Oh… Sorry to hear that… we didn’t know…” said D.O.

“Yeah… that’s really sad… we’re sorry for being so wild.” This voice sounded like Luhan, who is in my class.

“Ha ha! Don’t worry… It’s ok since a day has passed, but you guys can come as well if you want… and if Kai lets you.” I said.

“Wow! Really?” Someone asked.

“HEY KAI, WE’RE GOING TO YOUR HOUSE TODAY!” They cheered.

“WOW WHAT?” shouted Kai as he swapped over to the phone.

“Krystal… Are you sure? You don’t have to force this…”

“Hey, it’s ok… besides, it’s better with more company… I want to meet all of your friends anyway. Your friends are friends.” I replied.

Later that day at around quarter to 3, the door bell rang and a group of boys and Yoona in the front ran into the house. Kai was at the back, and he looked really tired.

“Are your parents here yet?” he asked

“No… not yet…”

We both looked at his friends who were going crazy in the house for a while.

“I wonder what your parent’s reaction to this will be…” Kai said.

“Awkward, I guess.”

‘DING DONG!’ the door bell rang and all of us froze and stared at the door.

“Krystal! Are you there?” it was my mother.