The New Kid

Book of Consequences

“Oi! OMG He’s so cute!”

“I know right!”

When I heard this, I suddenly grew an interest, so I looked up, but he had already sat down… ‘I didn’t even get to see him…’

At lunch, as usual, Yoona and I ate and wandered around the school. However, that day, we were followed by a few boys and girls. At times, Yoona or I would turn around to look at what they were up to, but whenever we turned back, they would just stop, stare and wave at us. Because it was so strange, Yoona and I just decided to continue with what we were doing. About five minutes until the end of lunch, someone grabbed my shoulder and forced me to turn around.

“WHAT THE HECK?” I shouted. As soon as I saw who it was I couldn’t really say anything. I didn’t know who he was, but he looked quite familiar… He had a serious look on his face and he looked a bit like Taemin Sunbae, but I knew it wasn’t him. The person in front of me had a more… what should I say… manly complexion? Taemin Sunbae was a flower boy so he’s pretty, but this person was just handsome… for a while, we just stood there staring at each other and I decided to break the silence by saying “Sorry, have we met before?”

He smiled and just said “I don't think so.” He let out his hand for me to shake and said “Hi I’m Kai. I’m the new kid.”

I shook his hand but I couldn’t say anything because I was too busy examining his face. After a while of silence I said “I’m Krystal… Oh yeah, and this is Yoona. We’re in the same class.”

“Oh then that’s good.” He introduced himself to Yoona and said bye to us. He then walked away with the others to introduce himself to the rest of the school. His face looked really familiar… not the way that I said before by mentioning his similarity to Taemin sunbae… but it felt as if I had actually seen him somewhere… The bugging must have been awfully obvious, because Yoona said “Krystal is there something wrong? Or… Do you like him?”

“What?! No way… I don’t even know anything about him… he just looks familiar…”

“Well, he does look a bit likeTaemin sunbae.”

“That’s what I thought as well… but I’ve actually seen him somewhere…”

She just looked at me for a while before she looked into the same direction as me.