The Book Is The Beginning

Book of Consequences

"Krystal. KRYSTAL!"

"Yes Miss?" I said as I woke up from my sleep and sat up. The whole class laughed at me until our teacher, Miss Nam, looked at them, indicating them to stop. She crossed her arms and sighed as she stared at me. “Krystal, do you find my lessons boring?”

“Oh no Miss… I was just… I just didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

I lowered my head, and the librarian walked into our classroom. “Miss Nam, do you have any students that can help me?”

Immediately, she looked at me and nudged her head towards the door. So I stood up and walked over to the librarian who led me to the library.

“Here,” said the librarian as she dumped a pile of books in my arms. “Put these back where they belong.”

‘P. L, M, N, O, P! Here.’ I slid the last book into place and stretched when I heard a strange sound. I turned around to find the owner of the strange sound. Suddenly, my gaze was caught by a plain, old, tattered book, and unknowingly, my feet began to move me towards it. I pulled it out and opened it to the first page. Blank. Next page- Blank. Middle of the book- also blank. What the? I closed it and went back to the librarian who dumped a new pile of books in my arms.

The next day, I went back to the library to look at the book again. Only this time, the book had writing. It was strange writing, looked as if it was native writing. The writing was inked onto the page in black and as I looked through, I had a sort of flashback, not mine. It wasn’t anything I had seen before, it was brief and it looked as if it was from WWI. Immediately, I dropped the book and was kicked out of the library.

...

After school, I was walking behind a girl who dropped her wallet. I picked it up and ran to her. “Excuse me!” I grabbed her arm to get her attention, when all of a sudden, a scene appeared in my head and in it there was a… body? Is-is… Is it dead? Then I saw something I never could have imagined. This little girl appeared with a gun and finished the man off…