Queen's Tea

If Only
Having tea with a queen is a honor. A delight to most people in the kingdom of Choi. People lie their way all the way to the royal grounds just to see a glimpse of the Queen's royal garments. Jiyong is going to meet the Queen right now and it has him in a fight of nerves. 
 
The weather is nice today almost perfect but Jiyong is burning up. He has wiped off sweat from his neck a couple of times already trying to avoid his face. The prince of course can feel the little trembles as he continues to hold Jiyong's hand. "Why are you so nervous Jiyong Shi?" says the prince calmly as they walk the path to the Tea garden.  
 
Seunghyun can feel the slight trembles while he holds the smaller hand. The prince knows that anyone would be nervous in this situation but Jiyong is not just any one. The older stops walking making Jiyong do the same. Jiyong looks into the princes eyes with a confused look but the prince smiles brightly in return making Jiyong avert his eyes with a blush. The man is already making him turn colors of embarrassment. "My mother is a really kind woman and she would never do anything to make you upset. My mother is delighted to have tea with you. Please smile and enjoy your time here. It hurts my heart feeling your precious hands tremble with every step." 
 
All Jiyong can do is just blink and nod. Every word that the man speaks is like a calming sonnet made just for him. Just hearing those words make the younger feel a little more comfortable going to the royal tea garden. Seunghyun looks into the coffee eyes. "Can you smile for me?" says the older with smiling eyes. Jiyong does smile a small smile making the prince chuckle. "That's a start. Shall we continue?" says the prince still in grasp of the smaller hand. Jiyong looks down at the clasp hands and then realizes that they have been holding hands pretty much the whole time they have been together. 
 
They get closer to the garden and Jiyong notices how all the flowers change to more lush and vivid colors. Most of the flowers he has never seen before and definitely can tell that they have been imported. "They're beautiful huh? My mother loves to garden." Jiyong continues to walk further into the garden with the prince continuing to be in awe.
 
Jiyong would love to have a garden as amazing as this with vines climbing up the palace walls. To beautiful reds, greens, and yellows filling every possible place you can think of. The flowers are amazing but these flowers as beautiful as are  can not compare to the queen. 
 
They have finally made it to the shaded area with four chairs and small table with tea. The shaded area is full of trees interlocking to create a shaded area with lush leaves filling the gaps of sun.  The Queen is in a beautiful hanbok with material that is of course the most elegant. There are patterns running down the hanbok and it''s just stunning how the garden compliments her so well. Her skin is ivory and her hair is as black as night. Her cheek bones stand high but they are nothing to intimidate as a smile covers her face. Jiyong can tell that the woman is looking him over as they come closer and closer. Jiyong tries to look at other places but just like the prince he is captivated by her presence. 
 
The two finally make it to the shaded area and the prince stops bowing to his mother. The woman rises and smiles brightly. "So this is the beautiful Countess that you have been speaking of and I can say that you are indeed beautiful." Jiyong blushes to the compliment and bows deeply. "It is a honor  your highness." 
 
Jiyong rises from his bow and the queen is delighted to see such manners. "You have been trained well. Please...have a seat." 
 
Jiyong looks up at Seunghyun to see where he will sit first and this makes the prince laugh. "Please have a seat first. We never sit in the same places." The Queen smiles. "Please sit" Jiyong almost wants to be pinched because this is too perfect. He is with a prince who likes him and a Queen who likes him already too. 
 
Jiyong does as told and takes a seat furthest to the end. Seunghyun of course takes a seat next to the younger scooting his chair a little closer making the younger blush. The Queen chuckles a bit. "Now Seunghyun give her some air. We don't want to scare her off." 
 
The prince chuckles into this sleeve. "Well....I almost lost her because of my words again." 
 
The Queen then makes an apologetic look towards Jiyong. "I'm sorry my son doesn't think before he speaks sometimes. This is not the first he has done things as such...." says the Queen eyeing her son. Jiyong then wonders how many women have had the tour and the tea with the queen. "Well he apologized and I understand him. I have a friend who tends to not think before speaking too..." says Jiyong quietly. He is still shy to the situation with the queen. 
 
The woman loves how meek Jiyong is with her and how elegant he sits with his hanbok. Seunghyun so wants to hold the smaller hand but he tends to hold back the public displays of affection in front of his parents....it can be awkward. 
 
The Queen then picks up the tea pot and pours some tea into a small cup. "Please have some. This tea is great for your health." She then hands the cup to Jiyong and the younger could almost cry. The queen has just served him tea. Jiyong bows his head. "Thank you...I will drink it well." 
 
"Aigo you are so sweet Countess. Where do you stay right now?" 
 
Jiyong then remembers that he is a he and that this person right now is all a lie. Jiyong now will have to put on a act so that he doesn't get beheaded for the lies that he is about to speak. "I stay with a cousin." Seunghyun lets out a breath of relief as the younger finally speaks. For a moment he thought that Jiyong was going to freak out...but he didn't 
 
The prince is gay but he still hasn't told his mother of his friends from the past. The prince is suppose to find a wife and reproduce an heir but it's not that easy when he is not attracted to a woman at all. He just sees women as delicate play things. The prince then notices that Jiyong is starting to get nervous again as his hands start to mess with his dress. The queen is asking many questions...which is something totally normal for a mother to ask but Jiyong is so not use to this situation. 
 
"Mother please stop grilling her." 
 
"I'm not grilling her. I'm just getting to know her. I'm not grilling you am I JiEun?" 
 
She said his name. "No....not at all. It's just that I have not been in this situation before." 
 
"It's totally fine. I'm just getting to know you before you two decide to get engaged." 
 
Jiyong almost pits out his drink but instead chokes on the tea in his throat. "Omo!" shouts the Queen. "You okay dear?" says the Queen coming over to pat Jiyong's back lightly. Jiyong had no idea that the Queen would think of marriage so soon. Seunghyun takes the smaller hand in his as his face is full of concern. "Countess. Are you alright?" 
 
Jiyong is a little red in the face but he is better now. He looks up at the concerned Queen and prince witha  smile. "Sorry I guess I drank the tea a little too fast. It's so delicious." 
 
The Queen then makes a sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness you are okay." 
 
Jiyong giggles a bit. "I'm fine your highness. Thank you for your concern" 
 
The queen then takes a seat again of course looking fabulous just sitting in one attitude. The three continue to talk with Seunghyun avoiding any talks of marriage or anything that could give JIyong's identity away. 
 
This occasion is a honor but deep down inside it makes Jiyong feel terrible. Every word out of his mouth is now a lie....he likes how sweet and kind the prince is but he is not a fan of being dragged into his troubles of coming out to his mother. Jiyong of course keeps a smile on his face and answers questions with ease all the way until tea is finished and the Queen takes her leave. 
 
Once the Queen is finally gone Jiyong can finally breathe. He puts a hand to his heart and it's still beating with fear and excitement. Seunghyun looks over to Jiyong and grins. "So looks like you are still alive. You were amazing." 
 
Jiyong looks over with a smile but the prince can see something is bothering him. "Jiyong." Gosh his voice can make you melt. Jiyong looks into the dark eyes and smiles again. "Ne?" 
 
"That look worries me. That smile shows me other thoughts on your mind." The prince then takes both of Jiyong's hands in his. "Please tell me what is bothering you so that I can make you happy again." 
 
Jiyong smiles again. "There is nothing that can not make me stop smiling right now. You have made this servant's day with being treated like a royal. I will never forget this day." Jiyong smiles again but then averts his eyes to another direction. Seunghyun then puts his hand under the smaller chin and brings Jiyong's attention back to him again. Jiyong looks at the prince's eyes and you can see a little hurt. "Does this mean that you will never see me again...." The voice is almost sad and it hurts Jiyong's heart. 
 
"I wish that I could....but this is not easy....me escaping for this long could mean my life could get harder if my Lord finds out. This is such a risk...and on top of things...I just lied to your mother...I'm not a countess....I'm not a elegant girl...I'm a guy and a commoner...and not just a commoner....a servant....I don't want your kind mother being disappointed by the likes of me....I" The prince shuts up the younger by kissing his cheek softly. "I like you...." says the prince softly. "Please...." says Jiyong back. He doesn't want to be enraptured by the prince's charming spell. 
 
"You like me too...I know you do....I can see that you want to take this risk...." 
 
"What will we do when people find out....what will we do when my Lord says that I can't be with you...." Jiyong looks into the princes eyes and this is all the truth. The Choi Kingdom gives the Nobles their rights when it comes to their servants. The servants belong to the Lords and Nobles. The King can not take away their property. That's right....Jiyong is property....
 
Seunghyun then sighs and melts more into his chair. Everything is now starting to become a reality. Seunghyun then sits back up again "I will come see you..." 
 
Jiyong makes a sad face. "How can you do that your highness" 
 
"I will dress as a commoner...and I will see you...." 
 
"But Prince you will be recognized....everyone knows who you are...." 
 
"You didn't..." 
 
"Well...that's because I'm lacking when it comes to royals...." 
 
Seunghyun then grabs Jiyong's hands. "Then we will run away together and live off the land." 
 
Jiyong chuckles and looks into the older ones eyes. "You have read too many books. It's a hard life living by yourself and I highly doubt that you have ever suffered in life." 
 
"I can learn...we can do it together...." you can almost hear the need in the prince's voice and it breaks Jiyong's heart. "I wish that in a perfect world we could be...but we are two men....you are a noble I'm a" "I know....we can never be..." says the prince more flatly. Jiyong doesn't want to upset the man but it's the truth. Jiyong then stands and bows...."It's getting late." The younger bows and then turns around to walk down the path. Seunghyun sits and watches as Jiyong slowly walks away. 
 
Seunghyun then grips his chair in frustration of reality....it's just not fair. "It's not fair...." the prince mumbles to himself. "So are you just going to let him get away.?" 
 
Seunghyun almost jumps out of his seat. "Daesung....how long have you been standing there?" 
 
"Long enough to see you sulking in that chair....are you just going to let him walk away?" 
 
Seunghyun then sighs. "What can I do....we could never be...." 
 
"Says who?" 
 
"Says Jiyong...." 
 
"Says the person who is also afraid of risk....I know you want to make that step but you are just honoring Jiyong's wishes...sometimes we need need to make decisions in life to help the other person see the good in our reasons." says the younger simply leaning against a near by tree. 
 
Seunghyun then stands. "You are right...Thanks Dae." The prince then starts to run. Hopefully Jiyong is not too far ahead. 
 
 Jiyong is in a fit of tears as he slowly walks out of the garden. Such a happy place has such irony in his heart. He really liked being around Seunghyun because he is kind and he just wants to make him happy. 
 
Jiyong then hears the running from behind and can tell it's the prince. The younger then darts behind a tree to try to hide from the older. Seunghyun comes up to where he thought he saw Jiyong but he is not there. He puts his hands on his hips as he tries to catch his breath. Jiyong who is feet away continues to hide while the prince looks around.
 
The prince continues to look around but then puts a smile to his face as he sees a shadow lingering from a tree near him. "I know that you are afraid....so am I....but what I do know. Is that you are worth fighting for. I will do everything in my power to keep you happy...please don't go away....please...." says the prince almost fighting back tears too. 
 
Jiyong hears as the man near him sniffles back a couple of tears. Jiyong then decides to come out from the tree. "How did you know I was here....?" 
 
The prince smiles with glazed eyes "Because I know these gardens like the back of my hand." 
 
Jiyong then looks the prince in the eyes. He comes closer slowly lifting a hand to wipe away a tear. Seunghyun covers the smaller hand on his ivory face and holds the hand tightly. Jiyong smiles as the warm hand covers his. Seunghyun then kisses the palm of Jiyong's hand and brings their hands down in a embrace. Jiyong  smiles at the hands and then looks back up at the prince. "I will try..." 
 
Seunghyun grins. "Really?" 
 
Jiyong nods. "Ne..." 
 
Seunghyun then pulls Jiyong into a hug spinning him around a couple times. The older then lets go of the embrace with a blush. "I'm sorry....I'm just so happy...." 
 
Jiyong then chuckles. "It's okay prince. I'm happy too." 
 
***Hey all thank you for reading!! I hope that you all are having fun! How do you like the story. what is your favorite part!? Well Talk to you  laters. Love and please UPVOTE!!