Your Eyes Say It All

Perfectly Loud

The flight to Seoul was nerve wracking for JaeHee to say the least. Having never been on an airplane in all 18 years of her life, she had every right to be nervous. She gripped the arms of her airplane seat tightly, knuckles turning white as the plane zoomed down the runway quickly picking up speed.

MinHye was sitting in a window seat happily and giggled looking out the window at all the fast moving objects. When the plane started its incline, JaeHee could feel her ears popping. She let out an almost inaudible whimper. Myungsoo, who had the aisle seat, heard it and looked over to the rigid JaeHee. He laughed and grabbed her hand. Not in a romantic way, but in a big brother way.

"JaeHee-ah, relax. We have more of a chance of getting in a car crash then an airplane crash. It's been scientifically proven. These planes are safe, and they wouldn't even have taken off if their was so much as a scratch in the paint." JaeHee relaxed slightly but still kept her eyes closed.

"Okay, okay, I just want to get this over with." MinHye tugged on JaeHee's shirt.

"Unnie! Unnie! Look it the sky! Pretty pretty!" JaeHee raised an eye brow at her little sisters attempt at English but it up for her sisters sake and looked out the window. She really wished she hadn't.

"Ahh...it's...very pretty Minnie." JaeHee forced out and then quickly turned around and closed her eyes again. Myungsoo was laughing and JaeHee was getting real annoyed by it, but she was to scared to even open her eyes again to do anything about it.

Finally her flight from hell was over and she could have kissed the ground once she stepped into the airport terminal.

"LAND! Sweet land!" She shouted overdramatically making Myungsoo roll his eyes and MinHye giggle cutely while holding his hand.

"Oppa, Unnie is sillly." Myungsoo nodded.

"Indeed, JaeHee is very silly."

 


Chunji groaned as he put healing cream on his bruises. He sat in his bathroom (it was one of those rare occasions where his father wasn't home) and kept rubbing the cream mostly on his stomach and shoulders. Since he couldn't reach his back, he would just have to deal with the pain.

"Son of a ." He cursed when he stood up smacking his head on one of the shelves above the toilet once he finished applying the cream. He washed his hands in the rusted sink and walked into his bedroom, shutting the door. He sat down at his desk and opened up his laptop. It was one of  his most prized possessions because he had bought it himself with his own hard earned money, and not the welfare check his father spends on booze and cigaretts.

He signed onto kakao talk and couldn't help but to smile when he saw he recieved a message from 'HeeHeeBunny1'. But the smile instantly turned into a frown when he read the message. He started to become filled with worry. He hoped his Hee was okay.

Chan Hee, if your there, I really really need you. Something happened last night...and I've been trying to be strong...but I'm not doing a very good job. I act like I'm fine on the outside, but on the inside I cannot feel. My....my grandparents were murdered last night by a man named Sylar...and I-I can't keep it together Chan Hee. Its time like these where I really wish we could know each other in person, becase I feel as if I'll only be safe and only feel better if I am in your arms. Oppa, what do I do? I'm so scared.  

I'm here. It's okay. Hee...you have to be strong okay? I can't imagine what your going through, but its going to be okay. It may not seem like it now, but it will. And don't you dare start smoking again, it makes me sad when you do that because it takes away from your life. I wish too, that we could meet in person. I want to make you feel safe and protected. Hee, I know its hard but you can do it. when you feel like you can't go on aymore, I want you to look up in the night sky and know that I'm looking up into that night sky too. If you feel lonely, just look at the space between your fingers, and I'll look a the spaces between mine and imagine yours there.

Chunji felt his heart clench. Murder. Her grandparents were murdered? He couldn't even begin to fathom it. He wished his life was different. Wished her life was different.  Maybe in another life they could be happy. Together. Maybe Chunji wouldn't get beaten every night, and maybe Hee would have a family.

Yes, surely wishful thinking is nice.

"Chan Hee!"

Chunji viably winced when his fathers deep voice reached his ears. He heard his door slam open and then Chunji was roughly grabbed by the collar of his shirt and thrown to the ground.

"You son of a ! You smoked my last cigarette didn't you. DIDN'T YOU?" Chunji remained silent, refusing to give his father the satisfaction. Chunji doesn't smoke, he hates it. His father was so drunk that he forgot he smoked his own last cigarette. It was pathetic really.

Slap. Chunji felt the reasonating sting accross his face, striking him to the ground. His father smirked and kicked Chunji harshly in the stomach, making him cry out. He heard a sickening crack when his head was slammed against the floor. He was pressed against the wood, he could feel his face being smashed repeatedly into it. Chunji groaned as he was punched in the stomach again and again.

"You piece of . You deserve this." The assult seemed never ending. Punch after punch, kick after kick, slap after slap, Chunji could hardly feel anymore. The pain was so excruciating. This was one of the more gruesome punishments

Chunji screamed when he felt the of his fathers old cigarette burn his arm, the smell of burnt flesh filling his nose. Once his father was satisfied with Chunji's cries of pain, he threw him harshly into the ground one more time before storming out of the room and closing the door.

Chunji just stayed on the floor, tears in his eyes from the burn. He couldn't move. Each time he moved, it caused more pain so he just lyed there on the wood until he passed out.

Yes, if only they lived different lives indeed.


"Unnie this place is really tiny. Are you sure this is where were going to live now?" MinHye asked as she looked at the old building. It wasn't exactly a looker, but it wasn't a run down apartment either. The rent was 100,000 won a month or 900 dollars USD. It was a two bedroom apartment in a safe neighborhood. The only downside was that it was only a few miles away from a bar.

"Ahhh, yes MinHye-ah. This is where we will be living from now on. It's not so bad, you'll see." MinHye nodded and gripped Myungsoo's hand as all three of them walked into the apartment. Because ChangMi only had her inheritance to live off of, until she could get a decent job, they would have to live in a affordable apartment that JaeHee could easily pay for every month. She was a bit of a frugal girl, and so she tried to save her money where ever she could.

"It's a roof over my head and that's good enough for me." JaeHee said as she put some of her suitcases and bags down. The moving van was parked outside (not that there was much in the first place) and already curious neighbors were peaking out their window to see who was moving in.

"Come on, we should get unpacking! I want to be home in time for my girlfriends dinner. She's cooking my favorite!" JaeHee laughed.

"Are you sure your stomach didn't fall in love with her first?" Myungsoo scowled.

"Knock it off you." JaeHee stuck her tongue out at Myungsoo and then went inside. MinHye had already taken up residence drawing at the kitchen table while Myungsoo was setting down a few boxes in the living room. She was doing a good job so far of sticking to the resolve she made for herself, and she only hoped she could keep it. Which reminds her of Chan Hee, she has to check and see if he replied yet.

She quickly dug her laptop out from one of the boxes and opened it up, logging into Kakao talk. She smiled when she saw the little red notification over ChanHee's username, Channie-pie1213. She felt a little bit of relief when she read her love interests message. He always gave her the will to be strong. JaeHee didn't know what she'd ever do without him.

Now more than ever her resolve was renewed, and she'd try to be better.


Chunji really hated the days he had gym. It seemed that he was always beaten the worst right before gym. He innerly cursed at the teacher, because he always picked the most physically strenuous sport possible. Thankfully, however, gym was over for the day and Chunji could at least sit down calmly in Math.

Math was one of his best subjects, for some reason Chunji just grasped numbers and formula's really really well. It was also the only class that had cushioned seats because it was in the math lab that also had computers and a/c. It was nice to say the least.

"Hey Chunji did you hear were getting a new student today?" L. Joe asked from beside Chunji because they were seat mates in this class. L. Joe, unlike Chunji, really in math so he always copied off Chunji.

"No and I don't really care. It's probably going to be another mindless fangirl." C.A.P sighed.

"I hope not. I can't take the daily stupidity. Oppa this, oppa that, it really ." L. Joe laughed and slapped C.A.P on the back.

"Ahh the price of good looks and popularity." Chunji groaned and put his head down on the table, letting out a breath of hot air. He just wanted the day to end so he could go to his part time job, one of the only thing's that made him happy now a days.

"Hey what's up with you lately man? Your always groaning." L. Joe said. Chunji frowned and kept his head down.

"Really tired. That's all." L. Joe nodded but he didn't look all to convinved but he wouldn't press it with Chunji. Chunji would come clean when he was ready.

"You my friend need to FINALLY get laid. So, let me just say, Guem Hee is a FREAK in bed. Before I even got her to the bed, she started to do a to Beyonce's 'Dance For You'. Dude, your totally missing out, even if they are annoying." L. Joe said to Chunji who just scoffed and shook his head.

"Not for me dude. I'd rather not have an STD, and I don't want to be your tunnel buddy." C.A.P flat out laughed and had to dry his eyes from the tears because of his laugher.

"Owned. Nice one." Chunji high fived C.A.P and then the teacher walked into the classroom. Everyone stopped their coversation to pay attention. The girls mainly because their math teacher was young and attractive, and the guys respected him so they went quiet as well.

"Okay so today were going to be finding the derivative. Can anybody tell me what a derivative is?" The second smartest girl in the class raised her hand.

"A derivative is a measure of how a function changes as its input changes." The teacher smiled.

"Good job KyungHee. Okay now can anybody tell me how to find the derivative?" This time Chunji spoke up, for once actually paying attention.

"You can find the derivative by Differentiation. It is the method to compute the rate at which the dependent output y changes with respect to the change in the independent input x." The class awed at Chunji and the girls fan girled over how smart he was.

"Excellent. So this method is how we will find the derivative...."

And so the teacher went on to draw and explain the concept on the board and Chunji had no problem learning it at all. It actually came quite easy to even though they had only been on this unit for two days.

 

 

 

 

<--------- What the teacher wrote on the board, but not animated obviously.

 

 

 

 

The teacher paused at the door slid open and in walked JaeHee, straight faced and stoic as ever. She had decided before she started at this new school that she wouldn't let anyone near her. It was too dangerous for her to become close to anyone or attached to them, because Sylar could kill them, and JaeHee couldn't bare another death.

She thought it better if everyone either hated her or was intimidated by her, so she set out to make sure she became one of the most disliked and feared girls in school. Starting with her first class.

JaeHee walked in and stopped in front of the class room, arms crossed as she gave the teacher her papers. The teacher read them and nodded.

"Okay Miss Song why don't you introduce yourself to the class and welcome to BC Calculus." JaeHee nodded.

"My name is JaeHee and I dislike people. That's all you need to know." The teacher looked at JaeHee hesitantly before ushering her to the only empty seat in the classroom, which was next to C.A.P.

"You can sit next to Minsoo. Minsoo raise your hand." C.A.P raised his hand lazily and JaeHee made her way over to the empty seat, ploping her books down and sitting. She didn't even bother to spare a glance at C.A.P or Chunji or L. Joe and got straight to opening her notebook.

"Hi, my name is Minsoo but people call me C.A.P" JaeHee nodded and continued listening to the teacher lecture. She would need to keep good grades so that she'd be able to keep her scholarship. And she needed to make sure people hated her so she continued to ignore her seat mate.

"You...don't talk much do you?" L. Joe asked JaeHee. JaeHee just gave L. Joe a sharp stare and made no mouth movements before going back to the board.

"Yah! Why don't you talk?" Chunji said when he saw JaeHee had ignored C.A.P and L. Joe now. Again JaeHee looked up from her notes and looked into Chunji's eyes. She was really taken aback. Those eyes...they were just like hers. She could see the hidden emotions in them. Pain, hurt, anger, and even lonliness. But why? He seemed popular.

"You should really learn how to mask your emotions better." Chunji gaped and furrowed his brows, what the heck.

"The hell are you talking about?" JaeHee blinked and pointed to her eyes.

"Your eyes say it all." And with that she packed up her notes because class had ended (since she came in late) and it was time to go to the rooftop for her daily smoke.

Chunji was shocked and a little ticked off. Who was she to tell him to hide his emotions better? She didn't even know anything about him, so what gave her the right to tell him what to do.

"What in the heck was that?" C.A.P asked still surprised that a girl had acted so cold to them, the Kingka's.

"I don't know, but that girl was hot." L. Joe said with a smirk as he stared at the door JaeHee had walked out of seconds before.

"I don't like her." Chunji said plainly and simply before exiting the classroom as well. He didn't feel like going to his next class so he decided to go on the rooftop to just think and be alone. He didn't feel like dealing with anybody right now.

He needed time to think.

When he walked up to the entrance of the roof, he could smell cigarette smoke. He scowled at the smell. He hated cigarettes. He had to smell it enough at home, and he certainly didn't want to be smelling it now. He followed the smell with his nose and was shocked to see a girl on the roof, the girl from earlier no less.

He smirked and walked up behind her, putting his hands on both side of the railing so that his body was pressed tightly against hers. Chunji felt JaeHee freeze up at the sudden contact and chuckled. He got really close to her ear and grabbed the cigarette from .

"Smoking is a nasty habit you know. Keep it off the school grounds." JaeHee regained her senses once she felt his warm breath on her ear and quickly wiggled free of the same boy from her math class with the sullen eyes. She groaned inwardly. Why is he talking to her? She needs to be left alone.

"Does it look like I care." She finally replied and went to pull out another cigarette from her pack before she was stopped. JaeHee looked down at Chunji's hand on her own and slightly blushed. She noticed how much bigger his hands were compared to hers and quickly put the cigarettes away before she ruined her image any further.

"I also just came to tell you something. You should really make yourself less obvious. Miss I-hate-everyone-and-everything. I bet you don't really hate anyone at all." JaeHee was surprised and even though he was right she refused to give in.

"You don't even know me." Chunji smirked and stared deeply into JaeHee's eyes. They were a mesmerizing light brown, a huge contrast to his own dark ones. 

"Your eyes say it all."


OH HO HO so they finally met! Ahh there are so many ironies in this story already and I'm not even on chapter 4! haha so I just wanted to explain some things in case you were confused.

JaeHee and Chunji both have Kakao instant messenger. They started talking on it by chance and on there, they feel like they can be themselves and tell each other all their deepest secrets even though they don't know its each other. They started to develop feelings for each other and consider themselves in an online relationship with plans to meet up one day. But they don't know that they've already met each other.

JaeHee, even though she is trying to be strong, is acting cold as a defense and saftey measure. The more people she keeps away from her, the less people she puts in danger. That's why she's changed her whole attitude at this new school compared to her old school.

And for those silent readers!! or Lazy ones!

'Great chapter! I really like the interaction between JaeHee and Chunji! Update!'

or

'It was an okay chapter, but still good. Update!'

or

'It still . Bye.'

Review, Comment, Subscribe, yadda yadda...lol