Chunji

Perfectly Loud

Okay so my fingers have just been itching to write the first chapter of Perfectly Loud. I just have so many idea's for it! And I really want to take my time with it, make it really thought out. teehee well here is the first chapter! Hope you enjoy it!


 

~Chunji~

There are three types of parents in the world.

The first type of parents are the loving and doting parents. They care very deeply for their children, giving them everything they want, and letting them do whatever they want. They aim to always please their children. Most often then not, these parents are always the parents of spoiled brats.

The second type of parents are the strict/helicopter parents. They raise their children in a disciplined environment. They are controlled, hovered over, and monitored closely, which can often leave them naive to the struggles in life. These types of parents often have children who are very smart and will be successful in life, yet won't know many of life's dangers.

Lastly, and the most despicable parents of all are the abusive parents. These parents don't care of even love their children. They view their children as a burden, a bother, and a worthless area of space. They will neglect their children, even going so far as to hit them, and can't be bothered to stop. These parents are the lowest of the low, and don't even deserve to be called parents at all.

Not every child is as lucky as the next, and not every child knows the love of a parent.

But then there are special cases, where a once loving parent can turn into an abusive one. It most often happens from the death or parting of a spouse, maybe even the death of a sibling. Sometimes a parent can blame their child for the death and what was once a loving household can turn into a complete hell hole. Lee Chan Hee or Chunji as everyone called him, knew this circumstance very well.

"Chunji! Chunji! Chunji!" L. Joe called to Chunji from behind him, snapping his fingers in front of his face to try and break him out of his reverie. Chunji jumped slightly, turning to his dongsaeng, Ricky.

"Oh L. Joe. What is it?" L. Joe took a bite out of his granola bar and pointed to the teacher in front of the classroom writing on the chalkboard.

"You've been zoned out this whole class. What's on your mind?" Chunji didn't reply but merely shook his head as if to say 'nothing' and picked up his pencil twirling it between his fingers. The teacher droned on and on about History, a subject he could have cared less about. Why should he care for the past? It's not like it can be changed. It's not as if he could go back in time and re-write history.

Chunji slouched in his desk as best has he could, trying to avoid putting pressure on his back. The beating from last night had left him rather sore, and the slightest of movement's hurt, but he didn't let on or complain about the pain.

It was punishment after all. A punishment upon the worthless and undeserving in this wold. Chunji knew it very well for his father never fails to remind him everyday of it.

"Hey, you going to the warehouse today after school?" CAP asked from beside Chunji. The warehouse was where their group 'Teen Top' practiced. It was an old abandoned warehouse in the club district, and no one ever used it, so it was dubbed as their official hang out.

"Yeah, I'll be there. I need to practice, anyway." Chunji cracked his knuckles and leaned on his desk, closing his eyes. Screw History, it was nap time. And he didn't get much sleep last night, anyway's.

Third period ended (not soon enough in Chunji's opinion) and the three of them made their way to the gym for their gym class which they had with the rest of Teen Top. CAP, Chunji, and L. Joe were all in their third years at Korea Arts High School, while Niel was in his second year, and both Ricky and Changjo were first years.

The boys had met one day during middle school when all of them had the same idea to ditch their classes and spend the day on the roof top. Ever since then, they had been inseparable. They were a close knit group, and to Chunji they were like the brother's he's never had.

They made their way to gym class and immediately drew every single females attention to them the minute they walked through the gym doors. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Teen Top were the Kingka's of the school. The other Kingka's were BaekPercent, but they didn't have gym this period.

"God those fan girls are so annoying!" L. Joe said and shook his head at the many girls drooling at the sight of him. He didn't want just any girl. He wanted the one girl who would see past his looks and like the real him. Which was why he would never  date a fan girl because they were all vapid and shallow.

"If they are so annoying then why do you hook up with them every weekend?" Ricky asked and poked L. Joe's cheek. L. Joe smirked and flipped his hair to the side of his face.

"Because a guys got needs, Ricky." Ricky nodded and walked out of the locker room to the center of the gym followed by the others. Chunji was always the last one to leave the locker room. He made sure of it, so that no one would see the abrasions all over his body.

No one could know, not even his best friends. His father would make sure that whoever did find out, wouldn't be alive long enough for them to tell anyone. Chunji didn't doubt those things couldn't happen.

With a sigh he pulled his white and red gym shirt over his well toned body and walked up the steps of the locker room to join the rest of the group. Once he took a seat on the bleachers, the gym teacher blew his whistle.

"Alright, today were going to play dodge ball!" Chunji inwardly groaned and already felt the agony his body would surely endure. He would have to try his very best not to get hit.

"Oppa!" Chunji wanted to kill himself right at the moment, once that annoyingly high pitched voice reached his ears. His friends snickered at him and he shot them a glare that could freeze hell over. There was only one girl who could ever evoke such an inner loathing within himself, and that girl was Kwon HanBi, the school's annoying  Queenka.

HanBi had been going after Chunji since they were both first years and you would think that after being rejected countless times she'd get the hint. But no, her thick head just couldn't get the message.

"What do you want?" Chunji answered as coldly as he could shaking his arm free from HanBi's grasp. He barely spared her a glance and had to roll his eyes at how tight her gym shirt was and how short her gym shorts were. Only one word came to Chunji's mind.

.

It was no secret she slept around, I mean even L. Joe has gotten with her, and that's saying something. She floated from Kingka to Kingka it seemed, but somehow she always came back to Chunji, and he refused to give her the time of day.

"I just wanted to be on your team, Oppa!" Chunji rolled his eyes leaving a dejected Jae Hwa. He'd surely loose if she clung to him the whole time.

"Well I don't want to be on yours." And walked away towards the gym teacher who had told him to start on the opposite side of the gym.

Once everything was settled the teams were Chunji, Niel, and L. Joe VS. CAP, Ricky, and Changjo. It was on.

"Okay on my whistle. 1...2....3! *whistle*" Both sides sprinted for the row of balls that lined the middle of the court, each team trying to gather as many balls as possible.

Once all the balls were seized, red could be seen everywhere, multiple balls being thrown and hitting other's at the same time. Most of the girls got out first, as they weren't all that interested in dodge ball, which only left the few sporty girls and the boys.

Chunji let out a relieved sigh now that gym was over and sat down at his lunch table and unwrapped his bento. Ever since gym Chunji's stomach had been growling because he didn't eat anything the night before. He practically inhaled the food and felt instantly re-energized.

"Damn Hyung you act like you haven't eaten in weeks!" Changjo exclaimed watching Chunji stuff the food into his mouth. Chunji ignored him and continued eating. It might as well have been weeks to him. It sure felt like it.

Sometimes Chunji didn't even get the luxury to eat at home, because his drunk of a father would purposely put a lock on the refrigerator door just so Chunji can't get any food. He's a prisoner in his own home. The only way he can eat is by money from his part-time job to buy the school's lunches.

"What are we going to do about Infinite?" CAP looked to Niel and smirked at him. TS Performing arts didn't stand a chance against Korea Arts.

"Were going to beat them in the upcoming Korea Arts Olympics. I won't let them win again this year. Not when something so big is at steak." Ricky nodded and took a bite of his rice.

"Hyung's what if we do end up loosing our hangout?" L. Joe balled his hands into fist, determination in his eyes.

"Its not even an option. We will win." Chunji remained silent the whole time, pondering the current situation. The hangout was the only place that Chunji could go to when he just couldn't bring himself to come home at night. It had gotten him through some pretty tough nights, and he just couldn't imagine life without it.

He would do everything possible to protect it at all costs. It was the only place he could truly call home.

~~

It was late by the time Chunji made it home. Checking the time on his cell phone he saw it was 12:30 am. Thirty minutes past midnight. He knew he would be scolded for it, but he couldn't be bothered to care. Not tonight, anyway.

He unlocked the dead bolt on the door of their crappy apartment with a 'click' and pushed it open, taking off his shoes. His nostrils were immediately assaulted with the smell of cigarette smoke and booze. Yet again his father was drunk. He set the keys on the little table next to the door underneath a mirror hanging on the wall.

"Chan Hee is that you?" A deep voice called from the dark living room. The only light illuminating it was the flickering of the TV which was showing no doubt. His father was a creep like that.

"Yeah." Chunji sighed and walked to the kitchen, yet again seeing the lock on the refrigerator. Guess it was only one meal again tonight.

He the faucet and got a glass from the cabinet, filling it up so that he could drink it. All the dancing they did at practice tonight made him super thirsty. He was surprised that he wasn't being yelled at yet. He for sure thought that he'd get a beating for not being home to "cater" to his royal highnesses needs. Basically being a slave in his own home.

Chunji placed the now empty glass into the sink and made his way down the hall to his room, shutting the door. It only locked from the outside, a luxury Chan Min made sure his son did not have. After a long day he finally plopped down onto his worn out bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Hours past and Chunji had managed to slightly doze off. He thought he was going to be spared tonight.

*bang bang* But I guess he spoke to soon.


And that's the start! The plot won't really pick up till about chapter 3, this is just the intro chapters. Next chapter is about JaeHee WHOOO!

I hope its okay! Feed back would be appreciated!