Chapter 4 - 2/2

Wherever you are, I'll follow you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Friday morning when Sungmin woke up early. He decided to visit his friend, Eteuk. He missed him, it’s been a while since he didn’t visit him.

He was humming a ballad song as he preparing himself. When he came outside of his room, he saw his mom who was preparing a breakfast. He immediately hugged her and kissed her cheeks.

“Honey!” Mrs. Lee said in soft voice but still in shocked by Sungmin’s action. “You scared me to death.” she faced Sungmin but she was shocked again when she saw Sungmin didn’t wear a uniform instead he wear a black tight jean and black t-shirt. “Aren’t you going school? Why aren’t you wearing your uniform?”

“I’m not attending to school mom,” Sungmin simply said as if is not a big deal and continued, “I’m going to my friend’s place.”

 

“Was it Kyuhyun?”

 

Sungmin paused a little when his mom mentioned Kyuhyun. He was not in right mood to hear the lover’s name. He wants to forget the painful he saw yesterday and that’s why he doesn’t want to go to school because he doesn’t want to see Kyuhyun for now.

 

“No mom. It’s Eteuk.” Sungmin put a force smile.

 

“Oh. What are you going to him?”

 

“Nothing mom. Something important.” Sungmin shrugged, “I need to go mom. See you on Monday.” With that, he kissed Mrs. Lee’s cheek.

 

“Wait honey!” Sungmin’s mom make Sungmin stop on his way, “What do you mean on Monday? Aren’t you going home later and you are not here in whole weekend?!”

 

Sungmin sighed and said, “Yes mom. Don’t worry, I’ll call you. No need to worry. So, take care mom. I love you.”

 

“Take care too son! I love you!” Mrs. Lee shouted back as she followed Sungmin walking out of their house with her gaze and sighed deeply when Sungmin is nowhere to be seen.

 

 

 

“Hey Sungmin! What are you doing here?!” Eteuk was surprised when he saw Sungmin.

 

He didn’t expect Sungmin was there in front of his house, because it’s too early to visit him. He was currently preparing breakfast for himself when he heard the soft doorbell, he was wondering who it was because he didn’t receive a call or message that someone will visit him today, and in fact, it was Friday so he was expecting that his friends was in school, and Kangin, his lover was in work today too.

 

As he opened the door, he was surprised when Sungmin was in front of him with a bag on her right shoulder as if he runaway from his house.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked Sungmin as he let the smaller man came to his house, he turned around to continue preparing his breakfast.

 

“Nothing. I just visit you. Is there’s something wrong to visit my friend?” Sungmin as he put down his things on the sofa. “What are you doing?”

 

“Hmm, preparing breakfast and since you are here, I think I need to cook for you. Have you eaten, by the way?” Eteuk replied as he made his way to the fridge and opened it and took the egg and ham.

 

“Not yet. What are you cooking?” Sungmin asked as he made his way to the kitchen to look what Eteuk’s cooking.

 

“Egg and ham.” Eteuk simply answered, “Sit and wait there. It’s little for a while.”

 

 

 

They were facing each other while eating their breakfast. Sungmin was fast eating because his stomach was growling when he left his house.

 

“Eat slow Sungmin. As if the food was running to you. This is not a food contest. Okay?” Eteuk said while watching Sungmin as he was eating slowly.

 

“I was starving hyung.” Sungmin responded with full mouthed, “Thanks for your concern, anyway.”

 

“Don’t talk if your mouth is full. You know it’s rude.” He scolded Sungmin.

 

“Naaaah~ whatever hyung. You are not in USA; you are here in South Korea. So don’t be polite as if you are really in USA.” Sungmin said with still full mouthed.

 

Eteuk can only sigh. Yeah. He was in Korea, but at least just show more some manners or polite. He doesn’t like when people was talking with full mouthed. But only Sungmin was really stubborn.

 

“So, how are you with Kyuhyun?” Eteuk started, make Sungmin stopped eating on his food and he look at him with huge big eyes and his mouth was still full with food.

 

“I-I don’t know.” Sungmin answered and bowed his head as he continuing eating, as if he heard nothing, but this time he was eating slowly.

 

“You don’t know?” Eteuk asked again in a suspicious voice with furrowed eyebrows. “I know you Sungmin. Is there something wrong, right?”

 

“Nothing happen hyung.”

 

“Really? So, why are you here? It’s Friday, and I don’t think we have holiday today and that’s why you are not in school today.”

 

“Hyung. Eat your food. Let’s talk later.” Sungmin wanted to drop the subject. But he can?

 

“No. Let’s talk now. I don’t care if you don’t want to continue eating your food.” Eteuk said in sternly voice. This is it. They’ll need to talk this because Sungmin can’t escape him now this time. “Tell me, is there something really happen?”

 

Sungmin sighed and started, “Well, nothing really happen. But I think Kyuhyun have a girlfriend now.” Sungmin pause a little to look at Eteuk, his friend signaled him to continue it, and he let another sighed. “I don’t know if he really a girlfriend. But, I was wondering why he agreed to be my boyfriend and---”

 

“Why? It’s your choice, isn’t it? To be his boyfriend again. So, why are you complaining?” Eteuk cut Sungmin off.

 

“Yes, I am hyung. But, think it twice hyung.  Kyuhyun is my boyfriend and I caught him, not once and twice but thrice, was flirting with the girl. The girl named Seohyun, as I remember. And everytime I’m caught him flirting, one woman only and nothing else but that Seohyun. Get what I mean hyung?” Sungmin said in breath with hatred voice.

 

“So, what do you think? He really has a girlfriend?”

 

“I don’t know hyung. I can accept if he has a girlfriend. Not to hurt me, because it’s hurt.” Sungmin didn’t notice that his tears were forming in the corner of his eyes and then flow it down to his cheek.

 

Eteuk stand up immediately to hug his friend to comfort him, he put his chin in Sungmin’s head as Sungmin buried his face to Eteuk’s chest and Eteuk look up and blinked rapidly his eyes to not come the tears.

 

“Don’t cry Sungmin. Everything’s will be alright.” Eteuk comforting his friend with those words, even if he doesn’t know if that was enough to calm his friend. But Sungmin was crying hard now, he let the tears flowed down to his cheek and doesn’t care if his tears will not stop. “It’s okay. I’m sorry for forcing you. I-I didn’t know.” Eteuk continued, and his tears were suddenly escaped from his eyes.

 

“It’s okay hyung. I can continue it.” Sungmin broke the hug and look up to his hyung, forcing a smile to his lips. “I want to withdraw all my hatred feeling. I’m feeling so lonely hyung. I know I hurt him. But, I regret all the things what I’ve done to him.” Sungmin cried more. “But you know my reason what I did that. I was scared. Scared if he found that, he will leave me. Hyung.” He almost pleaded when he said those words.

 

“I know. I know.” Eteuk hugged him again. “That’s why you really need to do what I said to you last I called you.”

 

Sungmin shook his head while his tears were still flowing down on his cheek. “For what hyung? I’m feeling hopeless too hyung. I will set him free.”

 

Eteuk paused a little, is he heard right? Sungmin will set Kyuhyun free? But, Sungmin loves Kyuhyun. He broke the hug and looked at Sungmin if he was joking, but, all he can see was Sungmin’s red lips and swollen cheeks caused of the cry. “But, I thought, you love him? I thought you want to be him?” he asked Sungmin with widen eyes.

 

“I do hyung. God knows that. I do really love him. But, if he have a lover, I will set him free to not hurt anymore again just because of me.” he bite his lips as he said those words.

 

“S-Sungmin.” Eteuk all can say.

 

Sungmin forced another smile again, “I know it’s hard. But, what can I do if he has Seohyun? See, even their last name is same, They. Are. Really. Compatible.” Sungmin said in a bitter tone as he said those four words.

 

 

 

“Hey Donghae!~” Kyuhyun greeted his friend with a moody smile on his lips.

 

“Heey!~ I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter