Trustworthy

I Won't Give Up

 

A/N Hi everyone! How was your week? I hope it was good. Well here's another update for you all <3 It's not that well written like the other chapter's, but it is long! Enjoy! :) XOXO~

=========================================================================================================================

Chanyeol's POV

 

Sohee?” I called out as I entered the kitchen.

 

Oh, Chanyeol-ah. Sohee is in the little changing room over there,” Mrs. Jung answered while still mixing the batter to her pastries.

 

Thanks auntie,” I beamed and walked towards the room. I knocked on the door, signaling that I was going to enter. “Hey Sohee. You alright?” I shut the door behind me. My heart clenched as I saw that the mysterious man was sitting beside her on the bench, with his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

 

I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about,” she smiled that smile that would always make my heart beat fast. “Chanyeol this is Taecyeon. Taecyeon this is Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol-ssi, it's nice to meet you,” he said as he shook my outstretched hand. He turned back to Sohee. “Well I'll see you later tonight then.”

 

Of course,” she answered and he walked out, leaving us alone.

 

Is he your boyfriend?” I asked casually as I sat in the seat that was once occupied by Taecyeon.

 

Oh god no,” she said in horror. “Never.” relief swept through me. “He's just a co-worker.”

 

Really? I've never seen him around here before.”

 

He's a co-worker at my other job,” she bit her lip.

 

Your other job? You have another job?” she nodded slowly. “What? Why?”

 

It's n-”

 

The door swung opened and Suho hyung walked in, “Sohee-ah. You alright?”

 

Chanyeol oppa, can you give me a lift home?” she asked, completely ignoring Suho. I couldn't hide my smile.

 

Sure. Why don't you change first. I'll wait for you outside,” she nodded and I left to give her some privacy, taking Suho with me.

 

So you trying to get at her Chanyeol-ah?” he asked with a scoff.

 

Why does that even matter to you?” I retorted.

 

I'm just looking out for her. I don't think you would be a suitable match for her.”

 

It was my turn to scoff, while rolling my eyes, “What? You think you are? You're her ex-best friend. She wants nothing to do with you, especially after how you've been treating her. And just for your information hyung, I am the most suitable man out there for her.”

 

I'm ready oppa,” Sohee's voice interrupted us. I nodded and made my way to her when Suho grabbed my arm.

 

I'm serious Chanyeol,” he looked up with piercing eyes.

 

I am too. So stay out of my way,” I hissed and walked away – of course without “accidentally” bumping shoulders with him. “So let's go?” I smiled towards Sohee. She nodded and said her goodbyes to her co-worker and out we went.

 

 

Suho's POV

 

I smell some competition going on,” Eunji whispered and started laughing like a maniac while walking away.

 

I clenched my fist, ready to explode.

 

 

Sohee's POV

 

So where to?” Chanyeol asked as we got into his car.

 

Can you actually take me to the hospital?” Bewilderment and worry crossed his face so I quickly added, “I need to go visit someone.”

 

Okay. I thought something was wrong with you,” he smiled a sigh of relief and drove off.

 

After a few minutes of complete and awkward silence, I finally decided to speak.

 

Taecyeon is my co-worker down at the port,” I sighed. “My father worked at the port and was injured at work last week. Taecyeon was actually the one who saved him. After I was hired at the bakery, I went to the port to see if I could take my father's place until he got better and the boss agreed. Taecyeon is always taking care of me and bring me home late at night after I sold my car. And that's basically the end of the story.”

 

I turned to see Chanyeol's reaction and I say he took it fairly well. I could tell he was contemplating on whether to ask a question or not.

 

Why are you working there if you already have a job at the bakery?” I knew he was going to ask that. He pulled into the parking structure of the hospital and drove around to find a parking spot.

 

I smiled sadly, “You're about to see why.”

 

We both exited the car and entered the hospital. I walked into the like flower shop the hospital had and bought a fresh bouquet of flowers. Soon enough we were riding up the elevator to the fourth floor in silence.

 

The nurses that walked past us gave me a smile as they remembered my face. I stopped outside my brother's room. Room 418.

 

I turned around, hand on the doorknob, to see Chanyeol right behind me, “Are you ready?” he nodded and I opened the door with a smile plastered on my face.

 

Noona!” a squeal came that brighten my smile a thousand times.

 

Hey buddy,” I went up to his bed and placed a soft kiss on his head. His fluffy black hair has now slowly fallen off. He's become pale and thin. However, the only thing that never changed was his bubbly self. “How are you sweetie?”

 

I'm fine noona. Tired though.” he looked behind me. “Who's that?”

 

That's a friend of mine,” I motioned Chanyeol over. “This is Chanyeol. He's been really nice to me and has been helping me a lot. Chanyeol, this is my little brother Yoseob.”

 

Hey little man,” Chanyeol smiled widely while sitting on the other side of the bed. “Are you hungry?”

 

I watched as Yoseob bit the bottom of his lips, he could never say no to food. So he nodded with a smile plastered on his face.

 

What do you want to eat? Hyung will buy it for you.”

 

Yoseob motioned him over and whispered in his ear, something he never does to a stranger. Only me.

 

Of course,” Chanyeol smiled as he sat up properly again. “I'll be right back.” And with that he was out the door.

 

I rose a brow at Yoseob and he smiled guiltily. I laughed and rolled my eyes while standing up to replace the flowers in the vase.

 

Where's dad?” I asked.

 

He went to get some fresh again with mom. I like him noona. He looks really nice.”

 

A smile grazed my lips, “I like him too,” I whispered to myself. I sighed and turned back around to sit beside Yoseob.

 

After some time Chanyeol came back with a black bag.

 

And what is that?” I asked with accusing eyes.

 

Fishcake kimbap for my little man,” he answered as he placed the kimbap on the overbed table and rolled it to the bed, in front of Yoseob. “And a little birdie told me that you love bibimbap, so here you go.”

 

Thank you hyung!” Yoseob beamed and started eating like his life depended on it.

 

I smiled as I shook my head, “You really didn't have to oppa.”

 

But I wanted to. So eat up,” he smiled, causing me to blush. I watched his interactions with my little brother and I couldn't help but feel satisfied. I finally found someone who I could trust.

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N I just wanted to congradulate wonderexo on guessing correctly! Until next time! <3 XOXO~