Help

I Won't Give Up

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

I shut the door softly behind me, not wanting to wake up Yoseob. I turned around and Sohee had a sad smile on her face.

 

This is why I have two jobs,” she said softly. “He's been diagnosed with leukemia. My family doesn't have enough money for the treatment, so we're paying little by little. My father being injured has put us behind even more.”

 

She sighed deeply, arms crossed as if she's trying to warm herself up. I pulled her into my arms, hugging her tightly as if sheltering from this horrible world. She didn't struggle like I thought, she wrapped her arms around my torso. I couldn't help but smile.

 

We stood there for god knows how long until she broke free from the hug.

 

Sorry, I just needed a hug,” she looked down while biting her lip. I saw the tip of her ears become red.

 

My smile broaden even more, “I'll be your personally teddy bear anytime.”

 

She chuckled, “Thank you oppa.”

 

Anytime Sohee-ah.” an idea popped into my head. “Are you busy tomorrow afternoon?”

 

I shouldn't be. I have the morning shift at the bakery until one in the afternoon.”

 

Would you like to have lunch with me?”

 

I watched her cheeks become pink as she bit her lip once more. I could see the wheels in her head moving, trying to decide whether or not to accept my invitation. She eventually nodded. My cheeks started to hurt because of the past five minutes.

 

Are you going to work?” I asked, praying that she'll say no.

 

Yes. I am. I probably should be heading on over there now.”

 

I sighed, “Do you really have to?”

 

Yes, I do.”

 

I don't like the idea of you being around men at night,” I muttered.

 

She chuckled, it was like music to my ears. “I'll be fine. I've been there for a week now and nothing has happened to me yet.”

 

But–“

 

No buts. I'll be fine,” she smiled my favorite smile, the one that will always have my heart racing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sohee's POV

 

Oh, hey Chanyeol oppa,” I chimed as he walked through the doors of the bakery. He was wearing black skinnies and a white button up shirt. The front of his hair was slightly slicked up.

 

Hi Sohee. Are you ready to go?”

 

I just need to change then we can head out. I'll be right back,” I smiled and walked to the employee's room, with a little hop in my step.

 

Seems like someone is happy today,” Eunji smirked as she was leaning against the wall. I walked into the little changing area that was provided. I changed into my color summer dream I was wearing before. “Let me guess, you have a date.”

 

It's not a date. It's just two friends having lunch together,” I stated as I grabbed my purse.

 

No. It's definitely a date.”

 

I bit my lip in response, a blush creeping up its way to my cheeks. It was a date. That's all I could think about last night down at the port.

 

You like him, don't you?” her face was only an inch from mine as she examined me. “Admit it. You find him attractive.”

 

Promise you won't tell anyone?” she nodded. “I think I am starting to like him.”

 

She squealed response and hugged me. “I knew it! Well don't just stand there, go get that man!” she shoved me out of the room before I could protest.

 

I rolled my eyes and bid Mrs. Jung goodbye. When I walked out to the front, I saw Uee taking Suho's order at the counter. His eyes widened in shock when he saw me. I lowered my head and felt his eyes gaze me up and down. I gulped and held my head up high, completely ignoring him and walked to Chanyeol, whom was sitting at a booth by himself.

 

I'm ready,” I sang. I watched as his jaw dropped.

 

You look even more beautiful than before,” he said softly. I blushed in response. I don't ever remember a time where I've blushed so much in my life. It's as if someone else is controlling my body.

 

Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself.”

 

He looked down at himself and back up at me, “I tried.” he shrugged and stood up with a wide grin. “So. Shall we go?” I nodded. “Bye Eunji noona. Bye hyung.”

 

I felt his hand slip into mine as we began walking to the door. I blushed once more. I looked towards Eunji and she had the widest smile I've ever seen – as she was giving me two thumbs up.

 

 

Suho's POV

 

Ah! I'm so excited! This is their first date!” Eunji squealed behind me as I watched Sohee and Chanyeol walk out of the bakery hand-in-hand.

 

I scoffed at their action. Chanyeol is so stupid. I warned him, but he won't listen. If he gets hurt then it's not my fault.

 

The back of my head suddenly started hurting. I realized that I've just been smacked across the head.

 

What was that for?” I whined while rubbing the back of my head.

 

I've been calling you for the past minute, but all you've been doing is glaring holes at the door,” Eunji argued. I sighed in response. “You like her don't you?”

 

Who?”

 

Sohee, who else?” she said in a 'duh' manner.

 

Psh. I will never like that gold digger.”

 

You guys were once best friends. What happened Junmyeon?”

 

We....we grew apart,” I stated and walked out of the bakery.

 

I loved you too much, that's what happened....

 

 

Sohee's POV

 

It's this place expensive?” I asked as we stood in front of the restaurant.

 

Yes, but don't worry because you're not paying,” Chanyeol said and slightly pushed me towards the entrance.

 

How many sir?” the waiter asked.

 

I actually have a reservation under Park.”

 

Ah yes. Right this way please.”

 

We were led to the back of the restaurant, where the rooms for banquets or business dinners would be held. The waiter held the door open for us and said he'll be right with us.

 

I entered to see an older man and woman sitting at the table.

 

Sohee, I want you to meet my father and mother,” Chanyeol said behind me. I was completely shocked. I did not expect this at all. “Mom, dad. This is Sohee, the one I was telling you about last night.”

 

His mother stood up and made her way to me. I was still speechless.

 

It's so nice to meet you Sohee-ssi,” she pulled me into a hug. My eyes widened.

 

Why the hell is a stranger hugging me?!

 

She's quite shy,” I heard Chanyeol say/ once his mom released me. I was led to the table, where I finally introduced myself.

 

Please have a seat Sohee,” Mr. Park said with a friendly smile. I was sitting across both of Chanyeol's parents. “Chanyeol was telling us about you last night. The three of us were talking and decided–“

 

With much of Chanyeol's begging,” Mrs. Park chimed.

 

That we want to help your family with paying your brother's hospital bill, if you are willing to let us help you.”

 

I was taken back instantly. Strangers. People I don't even know. Are willing to help my family. What should I do?

 

=========================================================================================================================

 A/N: My Chanyeol feels are everywhere! Tell me. Who do you guys think Sohee should end up with? Chanyeol or Suho?