Mysterious Person

I Won't Give Up

Sohee's POV

 

A week has passed and everything is running smoothly at the moment. School is going well, Hyorin and her little “gang” haven't bothered me, my job at the bakery is a piece of cake, the other employees have been welcoming, and the job down at the port hasn't been so bad either – considering that I work there from nine at night til three somethings four in the morning.

 

Yoseob is doing well, still hyper as ever. My father stays by my brother's bedside all day and my mom is still out on a job hunt.

 

All is well, but not for long.

 

Sohee-ah!” a deep voice filled the hallways. I internally rolled my eyes as I stuffed my books into my locker and took out the necessary ones. I soon felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Chanyeol's face just inches from mine.

 

I let out a little squeak and he chuckles then ruffles my hair.

 

How are you Sohee? I haven't seen you around during lunch this past week.”

 

I've been busy lately.”

 

Oh right, with work. How is it so far? Do you like working at the bakery?” he asked as we began walking to my next class.

 

It's good so far. All the employees are really nice and I'm one of the few who are allowed in the kitchen to help Mrs. Jung bake the pastries,” I smiled.

 

She must really trust you then. That's good to hear. I'm glad you're having a good time there,” I felt the heat rising to my cheeks as he grins at me. “Well here we are,” I looked up to see we were standing in front of my classroom already. “I'll see you later. Take care and don't zone out in class,” he sang, patted my head and walked off.

 

I shook my head as a smile grazed my lips and entered my class.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sohee-ssi, can you serve table 10 their drinks?” my coworker, Sungjae, said before going off to another table to take their order. For some reason, we were jam packed today. The tables outside were even full.

 

I turned to grab the tray of drinks and walked off. I put on my customer-friendly-smile as I approached the table. As I got closer, I recognized the six heads easily.

 

.

 

Sohee!” Chanyeol's voice boomed.

 

Double !

 

The smile still plastered on my face, “Hello everyone. Here are your drinks,” I quickly disbursed the drinks among them,

 

Thank you Sohee,” Kyungsoo smiled at me. I bowed and quickly turned to leave.

 

This isn't the drink I ordered!” Hyorin yelled, slapping her hand on the table, gaining the attention of nearby customers.

 

I thought you ordered a pomegranate blueberry smoothie,” Baekhyun said in accusation.

 

I didn't,” she glared at him then to me while folding her arms. “I ordered a strawberry banana smoothie.”

 

I'm sorry. I'll get it for you right away,” I took the drink and went back behind the counter to make her order. I placed it in front of her a minute later. I bowed once more and turned to serve other customers when she called out once more.

 

Get me a glass of water.”

 

I bit back my tongue, “Certainly,” I muttered and went to go get her water.

 

I want iced water,” she said once I placed the water on the table. I took a deep breath, picked up the glass and went to get her iced water.

 

I only wanted three cubes of ice in there not ten. Take it back and get me a whole new glass of water,” she waved her hand, dismissing me.

 

 

Suho's POV

 

My eyes were on Sohee the whole time she went back and forth from our table to the back of the counter and back. I really don't know what's wrong with Hyorin. I don't know why she's being so picky, she's never like this.

 

Just from Sohee's body language, I knew she was frustrated. One of her habits is to scrunch her nose and the right side of her lip would raise up a bit. I would easily compare her to an angry puppy.

 

I only wanted three cubes of ice in there not ten. Take it back and get me a whole new glass.”

 

Hyorin, seriously?” I said once Sohee is gone.

 

What oppa?”

 

Is it really necessary to have her running back and forth?” I was kind of pissed off. I knew Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and even Dasom were too.

 

Here you go. Ice water with only three cubes of ice,” Sohee said while gently placing the cup on the table and turned. Everything that happened next was a blur. Hyorin, being on the edge of the booth stood up and poured the ice water onto Sohee and threw the glass cup onto the floor – shattering it into pieces.

 

Sohee stood there, back to our table, frozen. Knowing her, she's frightened. She always hated attention and boy were we getting the attention of everyone in the bakery.

 

Sohee!” a male's voice that I don't recognize calls out. “Are you alright?” a man with big ears and defined muscles is by her side, dragging her away from the scene. Eunji, my cousin, comes running a few seconds later.

 

Take her to the kitchen,” she tells the stranger. “Uee, get the broom.” she then turns to the still standing Hyorin and all hell breaks loose. “What the hell is wrong with you?! What's your problem, huh? Why are you always picking on and messing with Sohee?! What has she ever done to you?! You know what, get out! I refuse to let someone who degrades one of my coworkers in this bakery. Out!”

 

Don't tell me what to do!” Hyorin yells back.

 

I can sue you for every money you have for harassment of an employee and vandalism for purposely breaking our cup! And we have it all of camera for proof!” she yells back.

 

Some customers even started saying things like: “Get out!” “What kind of human are you?” “You don't deserve to be here!”

 

She stomped her feet, “Come on oppa!” she then started walking away, but I stayed rooted onto my seat. She noticed I wasn't following her. “Oppa! Didn't you hear me?! I said let's go!”

 

I sighed and shook my head, “I think I'll stay and help my cousin clean up your mess.”

 

She spit some profanity and yelled at Dasom to follow her, in which she obediently did. I grabbed the broom from the female employee and started to sweep up all of the broken glass while Eunji mopped up the water.

 

All I could think about though was that stranger's arm wrapped protectively around Sohee as he guided her away from the scene.

 

Who is he? And what is his relationship with Sohee?

 

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

It hurts seeing that it wasn't me who saved Sohee this time. It hurts seeing her in his arms and not mine. Comparing myself to him, I'm nothing. He had muscles in all the right places that a male should have.

 

I let out a depressing sigh and stirred my drink. I felt a hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing it. I turned to see it was Kyungsoo.

 

It's okay man,” he gave me an encouraging smile, a smile that I could not return. “Why don't you ask Eunji if you could go check on Sohee?”

 

I nodded and stood up from my seat.

 

========================================================================================================================

A/N: I apologize for not updating in a while! I'll try to update once a week or more if possible. But how was this chapter? Who is this mysterious person? Any guesses?  Oh I also have another fanfic that I just began, I know it wasn't a smart idea since I have two ongoing stories at the moment, but I just wanted to write this plot so bad! This is my new story, Safe Havenfeautring Jongin. So please check it out :) ~ XOXO