Job At The Bakery

I Won't Give Up

A/N Double Update :)

=========================================================================================================================

 

Sohee's POV

 

I was finally in the shower after such a long day. Now I have to clean my car seat because of the eggs that covered me head to toe, but that can always wait. The warm water felt wonderful on my skin as it released the tension building up inside my muscles. I rolled my shoulders a few times until I felt a pop.

 

I started scrubbing myself and washing my hair to get the nasty eggs off of me. Until I finally felt nice and clean, I stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around me, and went to go pick something decent enough for an interview. I pulled out my black skinnies, white v-neck with a black cardigan.

 

I blow dried my hair and headed off to the bakery. I arrived ten minutes later, which wasn't too bad of a drive.

 

The place had a very cozy like atmosphere. Outside there were a few tables for people to sit at and inside had booths, some sofas in the corner, and regular tables. The walls were painted a beige color that went along with the light pink curtains and white blinds. There was a glass case filled with all these sweets. I knew I was going to love it here.

 

Welcome, can I help you?” the girl at the counter spoke.

 

Yes, I'm looking for the owner. Her brother sent me for a job here,” I answered.

 

I'll go called her for you. In the mean time, please have a seat,” we both bowed to each other and went our separate ways. A few minutes later a tall black haired woman came out from the back with an apron on. You can tell she was baking because of the floor that covered her clothing.

 

You must be Yang Sohee,” she said as she approached me.

 

I quickly stood up and bowed, “Yes ma'am.”

 

Oh don't ma'am me. I'm not that old, I don't think,” she joked with a smile. “You can just call me Mrs. Jung. Please have a seat. So my brother sent you, how is it that you know him?”

 

Ah well, he's my principal.”

 

She gave me a skeptical look, “By the sound of how he spoke of you it seems you both are rather close.”

 

Yes we are. You see I was best friends with Joonmyun ever since kindergarten and I've known Mr. Kim since then and onward. He always treated me like a daughter, so you can say he's pretty fond of me,” I smiled.

 

You really do seem like a sweet girl. He also told me that you have quite a temper and sharp tongue,” she smiled playfully as I blushed.

 

Yeah, I kinda do,” I said sheepishly as she chuckled.

 

I think you'd be great for getting rid of unwelcoming customers then. You're hired Sohee, you can start tomorrow after school.”

 

I smiled in glee, “Thank you so much Mrs. Jung, you won't regret it.”

 

No problem sweetheart, I needed the extra hand anyways. And plus you need to tell me all about your relationship with my nephew. That's a story I want to hear.”

 

I laughed, “I will eventually.”

 

Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow then.”

 

I bowed once more, “Thank you Mrs. Jung.” with that she went to the back. I went to the counter and decided to buy something for my mom and Yoseob.

 

So I heard you got the job,” the girl smiled at me. “Congrats. Now I won't be as lonely anymore.”

 

Is it you just working here?”

 

No, my partner is out sick and the others have the day off. Oh where are my manners? My name is Eunji.”

 

Sohee.”

 

How old are you?”

 

I'm turning 18 this year.”

 

Aye, I'm your unnie then,” she smiled creepily at me. “Anyways, would you like anything?”

 

Hm, can I get a slice of the strawberry cheesecake and a slice of the chocolate cake and also a berry smoothie?”

 

Sure.”

 

Does Mrs. Jung bake these all herself?”

 

Yup, she only trusts a few people in the kitchen. And I'm not one of them. I almost burnt this place down,” she said nonchalantly.

 

And she didn't fire you?” I was surprised.

 

She smiled creepily at me again and whispered, “It's because I'm her daughter so she can't fire me.”

 

I stared at her wide eye, “Seriously?”

 

Seriously,” she walked towards the blender with an evil laugh. I just chuckled while shaking my head. I think I'm going to get along with her just fine. I heard the bell chime, so I stepped to the side so the people who entered get to order.

 

Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I looked to see it was my mom.

 

Hey mom,” I answered. “Guess what I got a job,” I said in glee. “How's Seobie's doing?”

 

He's doing good. His first treatment went well,” the tone of her voice caught me and I was on alert.

 

Mom? What's going on? What happened?” I walked to one of the nearby booths and sat down.

 

Your father was injured at work today and fractured a bone on his leg,” she started crying.

 

Mom,” I called out. “Mom, listen to me. It's going to be okay.”

 

No it's not. Your father is going to lose his job and that's just going to put us more behind in money Sohee.”

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, “Don't worry mom, I'll figure it all out. I'll talk to you later.” I hung up and ruffled my hair in frustration.

 

Oh. Joonmyun-ah. I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?” I heard Eunji's cheerful voice.

 

His name is Suho not Joonmyun. So get that straight ,” I easily recognized that voice. Hyorin. I looked up to see all of EXO and Hyorin's possy. You can easily tell that Eunji was pissed.

 

Hyorin-ah, this is my cousin,” Suho said.

 

Oh, I'm so sorry,” she said with an innocent voice that was oh so fake.

 

Whatever. Hi boys,” I saw her looking around the room then her eyes landed on me and she gave me her eye smile. “There you are dongsaeng-ah.”

 

They all turned my way. I felt myself become smaller in their eyes.