Chapter 14

How To Catch Sehun in 10 Days

 

Three Months Later

 

 

Sehun and Wufan were both too late, standing outside the grand palace in the pouring rain, their eyes fixated on the closed doors. Wufan's hand was still reached out forward but slowly, his hand fell almost as quickly as his heart did. He felt his eyes well up in pain and his knees give way as he tumbled onto the floor, his eyes still firmly glaring at the front, golden doors. He couldn't look at it any longer. His eyes tilted down to the floor, watching new raindrops fall onto the wet ground. His tears couldn't hold on any longer and trickled down his face. His lips trembled and it felt as though all his happiness had left him.

Only minutes earlier had he spoken to her, pleading her to leave that moment. She had stood with Wonbin at one side, Jongdae at another, holding a black umbrella over her white wedding dress.

"Leave this place, Seohyun, and come with us." Wufan had pleaded, standing in front of her, under the shelter of the palace, his heart full of passion and hope.

"Seohyun, please, hurry." Sehun, who stood beside him, held out his hand to her, but her eyes remained emotionless. She looked like a doll, unmoving, unable to speak. Wonbin and Jongdae didn't even speak a word. They did not hold her. They didn't force her to do what she did. She took one long look at Wufan and Sehun before she turned away, walking back into the palace. Wufan didn't know what to do. He did the only thing he could.

"THEY KILLED MY MOTHER!" He roared at her, at the top of his very voice, to the point Sehun flinched next to him. Seohyun paused but did not turn back to face him. Jongdae and Wonbin disappeared inside, leaving her outside, allowing her the chance to escape. "HOW CAN YOU MARRY A MAN WHO ALLOWED THAT TO HAPPEN?" He screamed louder still, his voice at breaking point with the hurt emotions that threatened to overpower him. He was shaking uncontrollably as he waited impatiently for Seohyun to reply. She never did.

The doors closed them out.

Sehun looked down at Wufan and began hyperventilating. She didn't answer him and he didn't understand why. His heart ached as he looked at the heart broken guy who had broken down on the floor. He bit his lip as his own tears began emerging from the corners of his eyes. At that moment, the rain above him was cut off. He spun around to see Luhan standing solemnly with an umbrella covering him. Luhan pointed towards his car that was parked. Sehun very slowly looked at Wufan.

"W-wufan..." He whispered, his voice barely audible over the sound of the rain. Wufan didn't look up. Sehun looked at Luhan who shook his head. Sehun then understood the situation. Taking in a deep breath, Sehun only just forced himself to walk away.

Wufan, on the other hand, was reminising everything from the past. He remembered the start of the bet, where Seohyun was completely and comically outraged at his bet- the insane bet of attempting to become Sehun's girlfriend as a joke.

 

"Let's make a bet then, since you're so damn brave." He had joked whilst the two sat side by side on swings in the park.

"A bet? What kind?" She asked, swinging herself higher and higher, looking beautiful under the summer sun.

"Hmmmm..." Wufan looked around Rose Park, and spotted the 'Prince' crew. It was then his evil mastermind plan came together. "Well, see him over there? Oh Sehun?" Wufan asked brightly. Seohyun turned to look at the best moment as a girl attempted to confess to her. Sehun took the girl's card and tore it apart viciously. She gulped and nodded. "I bet you can't make him fall for you in 20 days."

"That's easy, do you see this y face?" She giggled.

"Fine, 10 days. Only 10 days to catch his love." He teased.

"Okay... but what if I lose?" She asked with a pout.

"Then... I'll tell everyone you're a lesbian and for a month you have to agree!" Wufan smirked nonchalantly.

"God, how mean! That's just... why would I do that? That's cruel to those people who are homouals! A-and I don't want to tarnish my awesome reputation!"

"You don't have one. You gotta do it or I will tell everyone right now that you're a lesbian!" Wufan warned with a wide grin.

"Oh, oh great! Damn you Wu Yifan. Okay, fine. If I win, umm... Let me think. If I win, ah, you'll be my slave- non ually- for a month." She declared.

"That's fine. So we have an accord?" He stood up from the swing, holding out his hand. Seohyun jumped off and shook it.

"Deal."

 

More memories seeped into his mind.

 

"Mom..." Wufan cried out. It had been a year since he had begun to live alone for the sake of his friend and runaway hidden Princess Seohyun. He found it so ludicrous that she was a friggin' princess and had stolen his mother, forcing him to live alone pretending his parents had gone on business trips for most of the year. He couldn't handle it and one day, whilst Seohyun was out with her friends, Wufan ran to her house and hugged his mother, suddenly breaking out in tears unexpectedly. He just missed his mother and when he began crying, he realised just how much he truly missed living with his mother.

"Now, Wufan, remember, it... It won't be for too long. One day, she'll be able to live alone for herself, okay? Then we can move back to China and live happily. I promise you, okay?" She his head lovingly. He didn't know it but tears had escaped her own eyes. She loved her son more than her own life and would've gladly died a million times over to ensure her son would have survived if it ever came to it.

"I'm sorry that I'm crying." Wufan pulled away feeling humiliated with himself. "I just miss you..." He honestly expressed his heart. His mother grinned at her son and kissed his cheeks passionately.

"Do you think I don't miss you, huh?" She hit his head brightly. Wufan chuckled. "Now, this is my duty--"

"Mom, I know, I know. You don't have to continue to tell me." He grinned. She hit him again, harder out of love, her eyes twinkling.

"Yifan, you look thin you know." She suddenly spun him around. "Start coming here more often so I can cook for you, okay?"

"No problem!" Wufan clapped his hands. "Um, c-can you fix me something now?"

She hit him once more.

"Of course, you silly boy." She reached up and kissed his cheeks once more.

 

Wufan cried under the rain for at least ten minutes, completely alone as Sehun had left him. At some point, someone put their coat over him. When he looked up at his aid, he felt thankful.

Minseok bent down and held his friend's hand, pulling him up whilst Kyungsoo held an umbrella. The trio silently headed towards Tao's car. They had arrived due to Sehun's call.

"Let's go home." Kyungsoo finally said. Everyone silently agreed.

 

***

 

One Day Later

 

 

Dear Diary,

 

You know, things never work out the way your mind predicts life will turn out. I honestly thought I’d see her and capture her heart. When you love someone so much, the reasons behind it become irrelevant because love is love, isn’t it? I will always love her even though she has gone into something she will never be able to escape from. God, I tried.

She married him and he can stare at us in disgust now. Disgust, even though… God, he allowed my… mother… to…

I can’t do this.

She didn’t choose me. She turned to Yix him, not us, the people who were... genuine. Real… We were thrown out the picture.

She did it. She married him.

After all the love I had for her… I don’t think I will ever forgive the two of them, can I?

It’s funny, isn’t it? The two people you trust the most- well, those you loved the most… they betray you and leave you alone in the godforsaken world. I have no parents. No friends. I have nothing. Even the friends who remained home… they just distanced themselves. She was the glue… and now she’s gone, everything’s falling apart. I have you, my diary, and therefore I have me and me alone in this world.

 

Yifan.

 


 

 

She left me after everything. She married her ing prince. I wasted my time, didn’t I?

 

Oh Se Hun

 


 

Diary,

 

We’re married. My parents and her parents are happy. Billions of people wish us eternal happiness, but I cannot begin to express the deepest sorrows inside my heart. His mother was murdered in secret and I am truly to blame. I had the power to stop them- she was Chinese. God, please, forgive me.

She has been ripped apart from those she truly loves. Lord, please grant me a favour. I want to make her happy. I beg for forgiveness for the terrible actions I committed. She has forgiven me, but Lord, I cannot forgive myself and shall spend the rest of my life repaying for my wrongdoings.

 

Z.Yixing

 


 

To My New Diary,

 

I have signed the contract, the deed is done. The marriage is legal. I am now Lady Zhang Yixing Zhuxian of China, Princess of Korea. No more childishness. No more self-absorption. I was born to be a Princess and henceforth, I will act like one.

Perhaps it does shed a light on the abuse I suffered from the hands of my parents. My mother truly didn’t want a daughter and my father never showed me love because I am not biologically his. What difference would it make if I knew my real father? Knowing the cruelty of the King of Korea, my father is probably long dead, isn't he?  How... I ... No, I am being childish. What fate. It was always my destiny. No royal family wants a daughter. Daughters are worthless and will be sent away one day. I do not want a daughter. I do not want to force my child to go through everything I did. I would rather not bring anyone into this world. I would rather die than bring a child into this damned world, but it's not my place anymore. I can no longer choose. Only my husband can.

Oh Sehun. Wu Yifan. Do Kyungsoo and Minseok. Hwang Zitao. Kim Hyoyeon. Lee Soonkyu. Choi Sooyoung. This is a goodbye from Seo Joohyun, your Seohyun, and you will never hear it. This will be the last time I will ever write “I loved you all dearly.” 

Wu Yifan, please, please, know that it wasn't Yixing. Somewhere in your heart, you must know your old friend had a heart, he had a soul, he had love for the woman who raised us both. I miss her so much and my life will not be the same ever again. I know how much I loved her. She was and will always be my true mother, the one woman in this world who truly loved me regardless of status, regardless of anything. If I could bring her back, I would, without a shadow of a doubt, I would bring her back right now if I could. God, why did you allow this to happy. I wish my brother could have died instead of one of the most pure hearts in the world. Please let her rest in peace. Please let her be happy. Please give strength to all those I love, God.

I am being childish, thinking these thoughts. This is not what a Princess should be thinking... My identity will never be the same, will it? No. This is not a question I must ask. My identity never changed. It was just shrouded by pretence.

 

 

Joo Seohyun..

Lady Zhang Yixing Zhuxian of China.

 


 

AAAAAND that's a wrap! Hello everyone, long time no see/read/whatever~ I don't know how you're going to react to this chapter. Do comment!! Anyway, I said there would be a surprise, right? WELL! I want to show you guys how this story came about. It was inspired by How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days plus the majority of chick-flicks and even the typical cliches~

So, there's the secretly-a-princess thing, arranged marriage, bet, y best friend who never gets the girl, random plot twist, Kingka, Queenka, rich guy, mafia guy, twins... Yeah, there's many things I aimed to include. It's been crazy, creating this story. On the 15th of July, it will have been a year since I created this story. Shocking! 

Anyway, this is primarily how this story was created:


Idea 1 = PARTY ____> AFTER PARTY = SHE'S BEAUTIFUL?! But no. Drunk party. Seohyun drank too much- feels unwell, Sehun didn't wanna be around drunks, cowaring away... runs to bathroom, shuts & locks it.... BUT HANDLE FALLS OFF!!!!!! Seohyun = VAT U DOING!? Sehun= .

DRUNK FIRST KISS!!!!!!! SHE NO KNOW/REMEMBER done.

 

Idea 2 = SEHUN = LATER date BASEBALL♥♥♥♥ = Overally LOVEY DUVEH. Sehun = "want food?" Seohyun = "yes( Y HE ASK ME 4?)" ...Sehun = "Okay(WTF)" ...Sehun comes with LOTS of food... Seohyun= ate popcorn BUT KISS CAME ON SCREEN, SWALLOWS IT WHOLE, CHOKES!!!!!! Sehun = "KK KISS".... Seohyun = "NO KISS OMFGFGFGFDSAK" SOMEONE KNOCKS THEM AND THEY KISS! (It's Wufan in disguise) done(but drastically changedddd omggg)

 

Idea 3 = 3RD DATE MOVIE TIMEZ. Wufan = "YOU GOTTA PUSH HIM AWAY, MAKE HIM BEG INIT" Sehun = *arms around her* Seohyun = "I KNOW ABOUT YOONA ... ON YO MIND?!" Sehun = *scared* "Only wanna watch movie "... Seohyun stands up, goes craycray.. He's like "ARE YOU CRAZY?" Pulls her down.... they both fall on top of each other Sehun on Seohyun. GUARD = "OMFG YOU RASCALS GET OUT ES"... go to ddokbakki, Seohyun gets on her face, Sehun's like *takes it off but makes it LOTS WORSE* "WTFFFFF"... Smiles at her GENUINELY!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE SEES HER, SHE RUNS AWAY AS FAST AS SHE CAN, DRAGS HIM, "DON'T YOU FANCY A RUN? LET'S RUN" and he's like: "WTF" they run to a corner and she holds him down like, "WASN'T THAT FUN?!" sweaty, thin alleyway, guy thing that Hyunjoong does to OH HA NI= SEHUN DOES TO SEOHYUN!!!!!

 

Women like men who can cook = SEHUN TRIEZ DIS OUT?

 

Sehun = IS ACTUALLY A FRIGGIN’ PRINCE!!!!!!

Yixing = FRIGGIN’ BETROTHED TO SEOHYUN… CHINESE PRINCE!!!!!!!!

Luhan = BUSINESS GUY’S SON. INIT.

All the rest = N.O.R.M.A.L lol jk

 

Seohyun’s mom (wufan’s aunt)… was supposed to take her out for a day, but Seohyun, aged-8, broke down and BEGGED the woman to hide her away, to take her away from everything- being isolated, neglected, betrothed to a Chinese guy… she, at a young age, didn’t want that.

She loved her brothers but they couldn’t be there for her….

So the maid accepted… as the maid brought her up.

So, the maid went to her brother’s town… (Wufan’s dad’s)… & he brought her a house to live in….

& The maid got unofficial birth certificate of Seohyun… from Seo Joohyun to Seohyun.


So yeah, the original plan, as you can see, was far, far, far different. Sehun was supposed to be a Prince, Luhan was supposed to be more of a main character. The alternative ending (if Sehun was a prince) would've been something like

"I LOVE YOU SEOHYUN!" (Sehun)

"I LOVE YOU TOO SEHUN" (Seohyun)

"OMFG I'M SO SORRY, MOM, DAD I CAN'T MARRY HER, LOOK, SHE LOVES THAT PRINCE! LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS" (Yixing)

Well, better written than that! But nope, I haven't done it :( I changed my mind.

ALSO, a while back  requested a trailer for this story~! Here it is~~

 

 

 

which...

 

 

BRINGS ME TO THE REAL SURPRISE.

 

There will be a sequel. It will be rated. It will not be for the innocent reader. It will be purely angsty with . So, if you like this story where it is now, then, don't read it x__x

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Signed Contract

 

Click the link above if you dare...

 

 

there are so many typos in this story... T_T

 

(Don't be too shocked, I am MasterTrollSama, remember?)


 

~LET YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS ABOMINATION GO CRAZY IN THE COMMENTS BELOW~

(and if you unsubscribe, I won't hold it against you, no, I'll probably just feel sad about this whole ending and sequel idea... and feel regretful for everyone who expected more from me xD)

(and I'm actually terrified of publishing this chapter. like. so terrified. this is my "comeback" as an author. It's nerve-wrecking o_O)