One

My Korean Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 

Why she’s not online!!!?? You’re refreshing your Skype for the 10th time but your best friend’s icon is still off. She’s spending her summer in Denmark and you sent her quite expensive text message just to tell her she has to be online at 8PM because you have something to tell her!! You’re looking at your phone to check the time – it’s 8:02. Why the hell she’s not here yet! Didn’t you said it’s important?

You’re checking your mailbox just to reread the message you got few hours before. You know it by heart now and you can’t sit still in the chair. Finally in the bottom left corner of your screen Ana’s photo appears which means she’s online. You take a deep breath to calm yourself down and click Call. When you see her face you realize how much you've missed her. It’s been just 2 weeks when you two said goodbye at the airport and you feel like it’s been 2 months! She’s sitting in her hotel room making a ponytail of her short blonde-dyed hair.

 

"Hi baby!!" She screams as soon as she sees you

"Hi Ana!! How are you? I've missed you!!"

"I've missed you too _____. I’m fine. The weather is great, people are still very friendly and apparently, they don’t want me to leave earlier" Her eyes widened as she'd be in shock that somebody likes her. "Who would guess, right? I wish you could be here with me! It would be much more fun!"

"I wish I would be there, too. But tell me, who’s that guy on all the photos you sent me yesterday? He’s hot! Not Korean, but hot... in his European- Danish way."

We laughed. She was the one who introduced me to kpop and both of us fell in love with Korean guys not bothering ourselves with non-asian men.

"My cousin’s friend – Mikkel. He’s not G-Dragon, but…. I think I like him." In spite of low quality web camera I could see she’s blushing.

We were talking for a while about Mikkel, and how she’s spending her time without me. Then she realize that she was talking all the time and I didn’t say what was so important I wanted to tell her.

" ________! How about you! You wanted to tell me something important, didn’t you?"

" Yessss… " despite you have spent a lot of time during the day on how you’re gonna say it, now your mind get blank. "I think I’m gonna… I will…. We won’t…." Damn it! How are you supposed to tell her THAT!?

"Grrr ... Say it!!"  she's annnoyed

"I found a job." you say slowly

"That’s so cool!!" a smile appeared upon her face. "Where? When? How much will you be paid?" She seems really happy for you. She knew how much you wanted to find a job.

"I was applying the day after you went to Denmark…"

"OK… Hey, why I didn’t know about it?"

" ‘Cause I thought it’s nothing…" you stopped to check her reaction. She nodded giving you the sign to go on." I will be an assistant in planning department..."

"Oh wow! Planning department!! You’re perfect for this job! I mean… you love planning, schedules and everything. I still have your notes you made for me before I went to Denmark. I’m sure you’ll get promoted after a week, when they will see your skills in that field!! Is it in our city? What about your studies? Is it full time or part time job? Why you’re not interrupting me?"

"You won’t like it…or maybe you will?" It's not in out city. It's not even in our country or continent..... She looked at you suspicious waiting for you to explain

"I’m… I won’t come back to school after summer. It’s not in our city. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter