Music Night Part 1

One-Sided Love

Even if Music Night was an open invite event, having Hoseok ask you to come was special enough for you. You took it as an invitation even though it was nonexistence.

-------

The yearly event held by the performing art Sunbaes was tonight. Fliers were scattered everywhere around the school hallways, and every time you happen to walk upon one, your excitment level increases little by little. Even though these event never gave you much interest, this time it was a must go... Hosok was going to perform.

“Noooona,” You were shook back to reality by the boy next to you. “You’re coming tonight right?” He asked while humming onto an inking pen.

You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and smiled.

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss it.”

“Great, it’s going to be exciting!” He gave you warm hearted smile and got back to inking his graphics.

Well not as exciting as he thought. It was nice supporting your friends but it won’t be the same without your closest buddy. It brought sadness to you once Daehyun told you he wasn’t going to make it due to a important family dinner.

You were always use to him being being next to your side, but tonight was going to be unusual. Taking back to the first day of school, having Daehyun not accompany you in music class was a really long drag.

Since it was Friday, Daehyun wasn’t able to walk you to class. Ever since the start of school, on the last day of the week he had a advance math class, a class that was way out of your study skills. So now other then having all four normal classes with him, you only had two.

------

‘Drag’ was the only word you could use to describe your science class, and as that finally ended, at last your freedom was brought back to you.

“Juni!” you were about to sit down on the wooden floor as a husky voice called for you causing you to lose balance, but before you were able to land on your side the person grabbed your arm from behind. “Mian I didn’t mean to scare you!”

“It’s fine.” You gave him a smile once you noticed who the hero was.

Daehyun sat in front of you after gently placing you down on the floor.

“Guess what?” He asked cheerfully. Seeing how his perfect smile was plastered on his face you knew it was good news.

“What is it Daehyun?” You popped a carrot into your mouth wanting to hear the news from him himself.

“I get to join you tonight, at Music Night.” He blurted out while adding a laugh at the end. He was probably more excited than you, spending time with you was the best thing he could do even though you guys are together 24/7, he still never gets tired of being by your side.

You nearly choked out a piece of chewed carrot once he shared the exciting news with you.

“Really?!?! That's awesome!” You clapped in excitement but stopped as something came across your mind. “But wait, don’t you have a dinner to attend? Don’t tell me--” He cut you off knowing what you were going to say next.

“My parent mistakened my grandparent's flight a week early. Dinner was called off and now, I get to spend the afternoon with you.” He avoiding your eye contact as he said the last sentence. You smile at his words before packing up your lunchbox.

“Kaja our 15 minutes are up.”

Daehyun quickly stuffed 3 spoonfuls of rice into his mouth and joined you at the automatic doors.

--------

As you expected, last class was yet again a drag. Not having Daehyun there helping you with your math equations was terrifying, but you knew that nothing lasts forever. By the time class was over you were the first one’s to rush out of the classroom.

When you were on your way home your phone buzzed.

 

Daehyun:

    Mian for letting you walk home alone... please be careful of your surroundings. I'll be by your house at 6 sharp, to walk with you

 

You smiled at the text before replying back

You: You:

    It's okay, the teacher needed to talk to you. I'll be fine... seeya^^

--------

As time came for you to get ready you took a hot shower and put on a new outfit. It wasn’t too casual nor was it too formal, it was just right for both seeing Hoseok and for the event.

Once you were done preparing you checked the time. Your eyes widened as you noticed it was 5 pass 6. Knowing Daehyun, he would always be on time.

You rushed out of your house only to see Daehyun waiting in the empty driveway.

“Mian, mian!” You shouted while running towards him..

He let out a chuckle at your unneeded apologies.

“It’s okay, I just got here.”

you smiled as you check to see if the door was looked.

“Thanks for walking with me.”

He glance over at you and  smiled before paying his attention back onto the sidewalk.

“It’s the least I could do after having you walk all alone.”

“Yah, I already said it was alright, so stop feeling bad about it, arasso?”

He nodded knowingly while taking a step on to the road. He waited as both of your feet was on the blacktop before making his way across the street. You followed right behind him afraid the cars wouldn’t stop for the passing pedestrians.

The thing you always loved about Daehyun was that he cared a lot for you. Since the day you met him in first year high school he’s always treated you like a sister, well an older sister to be exact, he’s a few day younger than you. But no matter what age, you always felt that he was a caring older brother.

----------

While entering the auditorium you were both told to go out in the hall to grab some food before the show. Having a best friends who can’t control his eating habits you were pulled ot of the room before you even got a chance to thank the kind Sunbae.

Daehyun lead the way to the buffet just by smelling it out. Within seconds they were already standing in front of the food.

“Daebak!” The boy next to you his lips and grabbed three plates. One for you and two for himself. You laughed always finding his big appetite amusing.

You headed toward the buffet noticing that there were Sunbaes sitting on the side ready to serve food. As you made your way down the line with plate held by your side all the sunbaes you passes was not in your singing class, until...

“Eo! Jin oppa.” Once you reached the dessert section you were finally able to recognize someone.

Daehyun next to you kept his ears opened once he heard your voice. To be honest he was feeling a little down when the word ‘oppa’ flowed out of your mouth. Sadly, that’s what he gets for being younger, never getting to hear you call him oppa.

“Juni.” Jin greeted you a sweet smile then looked at the different varieties of dessert. ”What would you like?” Before you looked at your choice you quickly glance at Daehyun’s plate. A chocolate cheesecake was already placed on his right plate, clear enough for you to take a hint that he was planing on sharing it with you.

You smiled and shook you heard towards Jin.

No thanks, I’m good.” You bid him goodbye before leaving.

Daehyun smiled to himself as he found a seat for two near the door.

------------

As the performance started everyone was moved into the auditorium. Unknowingly Daehyun took your hand guiding you through the crowd finding the best possible seats.

“Thanks” You said as you landed your behind on to the comfortable seating. Your eyes scanned down to the armrest and realized he was still holding you hand. “Uhh, Daehyun”

“Oh right, mian.” He quickly release as his cheeks burned red, luckily the dimmed light helped hide it.

You smiled at his shy yet quick release and focused on the performers.

Five performance had past already and still no sign of the three boys.

It was the last performance before the intermission, a familiar song was played which caught your attention. After waiting a while two boys came running out. One was blond while the other one had blue hair. They seemed so familiar but you couldn’t lay a finger on it. Not until a LTE rap was heard then as a follow up the blond boy spun in circles in a record breaking pace. From the top of your head you knew who they were. It was the two best dancer you knew. Zelo and Uppie.

A break was called after their dance and you couldn’t wait to find the two boys. They were by far the best. As they were performing Daehyun was smiling at your stund reaction. He always loved to see how overly reacted you get. Though he never thought your reaction was like a drama queen. It always brought a smile to his face thinking it was cute.

As you watched the performers come out one by one from behind the curtains someone pulled on your sleeve.

“Let’s go get some snacks.” Daehyun pointed to the way our while his lips again.

You really wanted to congratulate your two friends but at the same time you didn’t want to leave Daehyun’s side.

“Mmm” You agree to go with him, who knew if the two boys would be outside.

 

“Punch?” Daehyun handed you a plastic cup with red liquid filled up half way. Normally you wouldn’t take drinks from other people but the guy in front of you was an exception.

“Thanks.”

He held his cup up and nodded right before his attention got attracted to the snack bar. You did the same in reply and watched as he slowly disappeared in the crowd. You sighed and tilted your head up taking a few sips of the red punch.

“You came.”


 _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OMO.... Whos could it be????

Feel free to comment in your answer^^... I'm curious of what you guys think keke

Hope you enjoyed the update :D