Comfort

One-Sided Love

A/N  My apologizes for not updating in weeks... I was busy studying for the SAT. Thank You all, for your great patience!!! Like I promised...here's an update for you, subbies^^

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Never in your life have you felted this way before, when exactly will it go away? Tomorrow? or will it stay with you forever? This feeling wasn’t something you could ignore, the pain in your chest grows every single time you thought about Hoseok. The only solution in order to stop the pain is to forget and stop the thoughts. You knew it wasn’t impossible so you layed in bed last night trying to push all the memories of him out, even though they weren't much they were still very cherished. You never know if you’ll get another moments like that... plus those encounterments only happens once in awhile.

It was 1 AM, 11 PM when you got into bed and all you could do was think about Hoseok. Hoseok this, Hoseok that. Going to bed wasn’t even a choice because once you go shut eye you’ll dream of him.

Morning seemed to come earlier than before, well it seems logical because you only had 3 hours of sleep. You groaned as you made your walk to the bathroom to get ready for school. While looking into the mirror you gagged at your own reflection, you had chapped lips and dark circles around your eyes. You quickly splashed water onto your face not wanting to ever see that face ever again. After brushing your teeth you applied a couple layers of chapstick keeping it from having your lips turn into that wrinkly form again. Once exiting the bathroom you picked your uniform up from the floor and got dressed. Being so down yesterday night you didn’t bother to hang up your school uniform. After dabbing some water onto your coat and skirt, trying to make the wrinkles go away you took a final look at your appearance. Your lips tugged down, still not satisfied.  As you left the room you grabbed a pair of sunglasses to cover up the dark circles.

Breakfast was on the table as usual but today you just took an apple out of the fruit bowl and headed out the front door.

“Noona!” You were just about to take a bite out of the delicious apple when someone called for you. The voice seemed oddly familiar, there was a chance that it could be Daehyun but the pitch of the voice seemed too high and plus, when does he call you noona? Other than him no one knows where you lived, not even the rest of the B.A.P members.

You looked up from the apple only to find the maknae of BTS standing right on your driveway.

“Jungkook?” You walked your way towards him. “What are you doing here?”

“Daehyun hyung told me the address.” He smiled cheerfully before looking up to the sky with a confusing look. “Noona, it’s not sunny outside.” He stated while pointing up to the clouds.

“Ah yeah, my eye isn’t feeling that well today.” You began walking hoping he would drop the subject.

“Is it because of what I said yesterday?” You stopped in your tracks giving him the opportunity to catch up to your side. Jungkook knew that he was right, seeing how fast you ran out of the Art room he knew he said something wrong. “I’m sorry for bringing sadness to you. I didn’t know what I was saying. It was just me overthinking it, mianhae noona.”

“There’s no need to apologize, you’re probably right.” Your voice was weak but still you found a way to continue. “Everything matches up to him liking a girl. You were right.” You repeated those three word again, while waiting for him to reply your fist clenched finding the urge to hold back your tears, but he never did in the past 10 seconds so you just walked off.

“You like him don’t you noona?”

Your foot stopped but your heart wanted to run away, wanting to avoid conversations about him. Jungkook rushed back to your side. “You don’t need to answer cause I already know you do. With all the staring during your lunch breaks, I’m surprised hyung never noticed. The questions you ask while trying to find out which one of my friends was the one you were looking for, and the drawing you drew of him. Even if it was only an outline it was very fine and detailed. You got how his hair was styled, the exact shape of his face, the broad shoulders and even his long fingers.”

You were left speechless while awkwardly standing in front of him. His eyes were hard to avoid when all he did was look at you straight in the face.

“I’m right, right noona?” He bounced up and down with a proud smile plastered on his face. “If it makes you feel better neither of the hyungs nor me likes the girl too.”

“Have you met her?” You asked while finally turning your head towards him.

“ No, not exactly.”

“Then you can’t say things like that, you can’t judge someone without knowing them Jungkook~ah.” You cleared your throat knowing your next words will be regretful. “Plus Hoseok is your friend, and friends support each other’s decision no matter what.”

“But he’s turning into someone we don’t know anymore.” He grabbed your arm as his tone got sadder. “He’s throwing his passion away for that girl.”

You stood still not knowing what to say, all you could do was stare at the sad boy with teary eyes.

“Before all this happened, the members and I always did midnight dance practices. Me, Hoseok, and Jimin hyung would often take lead and practice at midnight or sometimes even 1 or 2 am, practicing for two hours each time. First we practice the basics, then move onto details, but now things changed. With all the afternoon disappearances hyung is always too tired to practice with us. He would always put it off till tomorrow but it never happens.

“‘Tired’ was never part of his vocabulary, especially when it comes to dancing. No matter how late or how many times he practiced he never gets tired of what he loves.”

“Why exactly does he love dancing?” You asked curiously.

“Dance has freestyle like rapping. What hyung likes best about dancing is that we all can agree. We understand faster when he explains by saying ‘In rapping you do this, it’s the same in dancing. Let’s try it out.’”

He began walking and you followed silently. The winter wind blew making you pull your sleeves over your freezing hands. The school came to view as you walked in silently with Jungkook.

“Hyung was always one of those people who’s not afraid to start the conversation. He’s the type of person that can approach someone without hesitation and his speaking habits are also like that. When we were in primary school he was always the one who steps forward and asks if we could join the game. In middle school he would always approach the girls when we were too shy to. He starts conversations like it’s his job and no matter what happens he would always know what to say.”

“So he’s a player?”

“Of course not, he’s far from being a Casanova. He’s never been in a relationship before. Hyung likes to make people feel better, either with his cheerful personality or his soothing words. He never disappoints. He’s like a mom. He protects and cares and is always there for you.”

“So thats why you don’t like the girl. It’s like she’s taking your mom away from you.” You muttered. Jungkook turned his head towards you but decided to not answer. You were right, it wasn’t only Jungkook but the others as well. Seeing how all of them live apart from their parents, Hoseok was the closest motherly figure to them. He cleans dishes, tidy up rooms and does laundry without being asked.

Jungkook’s eyes were on you the whole time. He watched as thoughts ran through your mind endlessly making you look down and pout. He’s never seem someone act like this before, especially right in front of him. He was absent minded as in what to do. To his luck you didn’t burst into tears. If that happened it would have been more awkward for him.

You sniffed and shook off the sad feeling replacing it with a big smile. You turned towards the younger boy and smiled into his eyes.

You made him feel sad seeing you force yourself to smile like that.You were hurting a lot and hiding it with fake happiness made Jungkook hurt.

“Noona,” He quietly let out, not leaving his worried eyes off of yours. You hummed to his call and looked up with a smile. Jungkook frowned seeing how much pain was in your eye. He faced you and took his hands out of his pocket, unexpectedly wrapping it around your neck for a big warm hug. You instantly felt his care, having a tear run down your face as you closed your eyes and enjoyed his embrace. “We’ll always have your back. Don’t worry.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comfort from BTS's maknae... Jungkook. keke

Another person who knows about your one-sided love towards Hoseok.