HOPE~

One-Sided Love

It was a new year, it was a new beginning and past feelings should have been forgotten. Everyone moved on from last year, but you. You hid in your memories not wanting to let those go. Everytime you see someone dance you automaticly thought about him. Seeing someone with their hair swept up to the side triggered his image.

You were able to spend two whole weeks without seeing Hoseok. It was painful at first but spending almost everyday with Daehyun and the rest of B.A.P made up the empty feeling. Jungkook and the BTS member invited you to spend time with them, but you kindly declined their offer. You felt horrible in your actions. Jungkook was the only one who actually understood why, and when the members questioned why, he simply told hem you caught a bad cold from the cold winter weather.

Christmas was a unforgettable day. Everyone, as in B.A.P and BTS all showed up to your house and celebrated the Winter holiday. The only thing that brought it down was a missing presence. The only presence you were eager to see from the start of the break. But you should've known, he was probably out with his already-new-girlfriend celebrating Christmas by themselves. Hugging near the fireplace and kissing under the Mistletoe.

-----------------

Going to the dance this year was hesitant. The main reason is because of Hoseok. He’s a dance student which means he’s bond to be there but knowing your friends they wouldn’t let you miss it. Since the beginning of the first year you and them went together every year, it was like a tradition. And plus this was the only formal dance the school held. Every other dance was either dance battles between groups or everyone gathers in a circle and starts b-boying. They were interesting, but to some girls -- you included-- wanted to put on a formal dress for once. You wanted to move along to slow songs and have a partner to dance with.

------------------

“Daehyun ah, do you mind helping me zip up the dress.” This was the third time asking him for this favor. Every year the dress you wore had a back zipper. Your unflexible arms could never reach back there, luckily Daehyun was always there to help out.

“No problem.” He walked over to your backside and moved your long hair to the side. “Don’t you think it’s time to wear something else for a change?” He stopped the zipper halfway wanting to get you to change your dress.

“I’ve been wearing this for two years straight and now you complain about it?”You chuckled waiting for him to complete the zipper, but his hands never moved up. You got irritated and faced him. “What difference does it make?” You muttered out.

“I told you not to give up, didn’t I?” He grabbed you by the shoulder and smiled. “Wear something that’ll steal J-hope hyung’s attention.”

You looked at him, his word caught you off guard. Who knew Daehyun cared so much.

A small smile creeped onto your face, finally agreeing.

“You look best in white.” He gave you a pat on the head and headed out giving you privacy to change.

------------------

Once the light flashed in your direction your reflexes covered your eyes immediately. You never liked having the spotlight on you. Your eyes were squinted as you made your way down.Tripping down the stairs wasn’t guaranteed, having such blinding lights on you people were bond to wait for an accident. Especially when it came to you, you are a complete klutz when there’s attention on you but fear not B.A.P was by your side the whole way down.

Once your stilettos touched the ground, you were relieved that you made it down safely. The heels you were wearing warn't too high nor too thin. It gave you a perfect height, adding about two inches to your actual height. Compared to Zelo, you were able to see his neck now other than his chest.You didn’t feel too short standing next to Daehyun, you guys were perfect together, as in height.

Making way to the dance floor your hands were lightly squeezed. You turned your attention to the smiling face next to you. Knowing what he intend to do you nodded your head letting him guide you to the dance floor.

Daehyun was always the first person you dance with when it comes to the Winter Formal. Whether it was a slow dance or a fast paced dance he enjoyed every minute, but to his luck close to every dance with you was slow.

It was just like Yesterday when you danced with Daehyun the very first time. He literally dragged you out on the floor, you being too scared to embarrass yourself refused to move a single muscle. It wasn’t until he offered to guide you in your step when you finally agreed to take his hand in a dance.The endless times you stepped on his shoes were countless, but he never lost his temper on you no matter how many scrape you had created on his new pair of leather shoes.

This time, you were able to look into his almond shaped eyes. Looking down was unneeded this year, you finally got down the steps to the slow dance you guys dance to.

A spinn was coming soon and you were fully prepared for it. You stepped out from his close grip ready to cross your legs but as you looked up at your partner his eyes were wandered off to something behind you. Being curious you followed his gazed only to be turned back around by him. He looked into your eyes before pulling you into a tight hug. He rested his chin on your shoulders and closed his eyes after taking a deep sigh.

“Juni, promise me you’ll never give up.” Daehyun’s voice was low against your ear, sending shivers down your spine. You managed to choke out an answer.

“No one can give up on love, even if it’s unrequited.” You replied with a smile hugging him back.

“Please don’t get hurt tonight.” He pulled out allowing you to turn around. Your heart dropped down to your stomach as you viewed the lovely couple. They made their entrance and all you could see was how happy Hoseok was. A beautiful and bright smile was plastered on his face every step he took.

Daehyun pulled you away, trying to make his view dissapear from your sight.You ended back at BTS and B.A.P table still shocked and hurt from what you just saw.

“Noon-”

“Hoseok!” Your eyes shot up from the sudden call seeing Jin and Namjoon waving the couple over. You mentally slapped your face wanting to disappear.  Jungkook’s voice was completely drowned out from his hyungs call out. He too mentally slapped himself but he couldn’t blame his hyungs, they knew nothing about your one-sided love.

Your eyes follow the way Hoseok walked over. The way he casually makes his way over, slow but yet cool melted your heart. His gorgeous figure was even more handsome in a black and white suit. The way his hair was styled was the same as always but you never seemed to get enough of it. Just seeing him, he never fails to make your heart flutter.

“Noona dance with me.” You were suddenly dragged back to the dance floor. Your arms felt like they were going to pop out but you were thankful for Jungkook’s fast movements or else you’ll be standing there awkwardly facing your crush’s girlfriend.

He dragged you past Hoseok’s left side, accidentally brushing your shoulder against his. Just a single and light touch you began to blush uncontrollably. Hoseok on the other hand turned his attention to you, confused as in why you're running away with Jungkook, but it was soon pulled back when the girl next to him tugged on his sleeves.

He shook it off and continued his walk towards his waiting friends. Once he reached them he happily took his dates hand and guided her forward. Hoseok cleared his throat and began to introduce them one by one.

-----------

Jungkook gave you his signature smile and smoothly twirled you around landing right back in front of him. You let out a laugh towards the fun dance move, never wanting it to end.

Jungkook smiled into your eyes but still he could sense a hint of pain.

“You look beautiful noona.” You stopped at his sudden words and paid closer attention to him. “Hope someday hyung can notice that too.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Awe... Jungkook <3

And if you guys are wondering what Hoseok's date look like, here's a pic of her below. (It's just a random girl I found online)

 

 

Lee Hyori: