Chapter 19 - Unexpected Meeting

It Only Takes A Day To Fall In Love

(DESTINY'S P.O.V)

 

I woke up super early in the morning to go for last minute christmas shopping. It's Christmas Eve! I got up took a quick bath and changed into something simple.

 

I went downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee then left a short note in the kitchen telling them i'll be out for a while. After that,i took Jason's car keys and drove to Times Square.

 

I needed to buy something for Ji Yong,Mom,Dad and Jason. I was just walking through the busy streets of New York and it really is beautiful. I've missed the times when i came here with my friends at night. If only i could visit them while i'm here in New York.. but i cant.. i left last year without telling any of my friends and i haven't even spoken to them since... they must hate me so much. 

It was already 12pm and so far i've only bought Jason and dad a present. I went into Forever 21 looking around for something nice for my mom when i heard someone called my name.  'Jean?'  I turned around and saw my ex-best friend,Cassidy. I didn't know what to do.. i hated her for what she did to me. I just stood there staring at her.She hasn't changed much except for her long blonde hair which was now cut short into a bob hair style. 'How are you?' Cassidy asked me giving me a slight smile.  'I'm..good' I said with no emotion.  'I heard from your brother that you moved to Korea with you mom' Cassidy said.  'yeah..' I said casually.  'Can we talk over lunch together?' Cassidy asked. Should i?  'please..' Cassidy said pleadingly. 'yeah okay..' I said and we both walked out of the shop together. We decided to eat in TGI Friday. After we both ordered Cassidy stared at me. 'You look different.' She said staring at me.  'you've lost alot of weight and your hair has changed alot.' Cassidy said. She's right about my hair.. last time i used to have medium length straight red hair and now my hair is long brown and wavy. 'I'll take that as a compliment,thank you.' I said.  'You're still mad at me aren't you..' Cassidy said looking down and i didn't say anything.  'Jean..i'm really sorry for what i did.. please forgive me.' Cassidy said pleadingly.  'you knew how much i loved him..' I said. I felt like i'm gonna cry but i can't.. not infront of Cassidy.  'I know,i'm really sorry! He came to me first.. i didn't know what to do.. it just happened and i regretted it until now.. please forgive me.' Cassidy said.  'I'll forgive you but what you did will never be forgotten.Where is he now?' I asked Cassidy.  'He's working for his dad's company.I haven't spoken to him since you left last year' Cassidy said.  'i see.' I said nodding my head.  'So how is it like living in Korea?' Cassidy asked me.  'it's nice. The weather there is really cool' I said.  'that's nice. Do you have a job?' Cassidy asked me.  'yeah,i'm a dancer' I said and smiled.  'oh that's amazing! I remembered how you always wished you could be a dancer' Cassidy said and smiled.  'yeaah, what about you?' I asked Cassidy.  'I'm still studying here in New York' Cassidy said.  'oh i see.'   'When did you come back here?' Cassidy asked me.  'I came here last night. I'm here to do some christmas shopping.' I said.  'Me too,could we maybe go shopping together after this? like how we used to last time?' Cassidy asked me nervously.  'yeah suree' I said and smiled.  'awesome!' Cassidy said excitedly and i started chuckling. 

After eating,we went into every shop we walked past and i still couldn't find anything for Ji Yong. I bought Mom a bunch of cloths. We were just window shopping when i saw a golden microphone on the window display. I went into the shop and asked them about the golden microphone. 'This is $80 miss' The salesperson said.  'I'll take it' I said and smiled. After paying,we walked out of the shop. The microphone was perfect for Ji Yong! Hopefully he'll like it. 

'Who is it for?' Cassidy asked me pointing at the microphone box.  'Oh it's for someone back in Korea..' I said and smiled.  'I bet it's for a guy. C'mon who is it?' Cassidy asked nudging my shoulder.  'He's someone special to me' I said and smiled.  'fine..i'll accept that answer.' Cassidy said and i chuckled. It was already 5pm and i was exhausted.  'It was nice hanging out with you today and thank you for the lunch' I said and smiled.  'i had alot of fun too. I've missed you alot Jean and thank you for forgiving me' She said and gave me a hug.  'I've..missed you too' I said we pulled away from our hug. 'Before you go.. can i have your number?' Cassidy asked me.  'yeah sure' I said and we switched numbers. 

I went into my car and drove back home. 'I'm home!' I said closing the door behind me.  'I thought you lost your way or something! why didn't you answer your phone when i called you?' Jason asked me.  'I wouldn't get lost! I can still remember the way perfectly. And my phone was on silent' I said walking up the stairs.  'We're going out later at 7! Just you and me' Jason said.  'where are we going?' I asked tiredly.  'Adam is having a Christmas Eve party at his house and he said you should go' Jason said and smiled.  'Do i really have to? I'm so tired..' I said tiredly.  'c'mon it'll be fun! We used to go for parties everytime' Jason said.  'okay fine..i'm just gonna go rest for a bit' I said and went into my room and closed the door behind me. 

I left everything down on my bed and took a quite shower. After that,i wrapped up Ji Yong and mom's present and left it on the table and took a short nap. I woke up by my phone vibrating on the bedside table. I stretched my hand and grab my phone.  'Hello?' I said sleepily.  'Babe did i wake you up?' Ji Yong said on the other line.  'oh heyy,yeahp but it's okay. I'm going out soon anyway' I said standing up.  'oh where are you going?' He asked me.  'One of my brother's friend's party' I said.  'Oh i see..' He said with no emotion.  'why? what's wrong?' I asked curiously.  'the party.. it's your brother's age group right?' He said. I know where he's going with this...  'yes it is. Ji Yong,don't worry..i'm just going there for a bit. I'll go home if i see him there..i promise.' I said.  'aish alright. Call me if there's anything okay?' He said worriedly.  'i know,i will. Talk to you later alright? Byee' I said and hung up. To think about it.. i'm starting to worry too.. what if i do see him? or what if he saw me? What am i going to do? Aish i should stop thinking about the possibility.. maybe he wouldn't even go. I did my make-up and changed. 

 

I went downstairs and Jason was already waiting for me downstairs while my dad was watching tv. 'Have fun kids,don't come back so late alright?' My dad said.  'okay!' I said and we both went into the car. Once we reached Adam's house,there was alot of cars outside his house.. gosh i'm so nervous. I followed Jason in the house and the music was blasting through the whole house. 'omg Jean! is that you?!' Ashley said looking at me. Ashley was one of my brother's friend. 'yeah it's me' I said and smiled. Ashley came up to me and hugged me and ocourse i hugged her back. After that,i greeted all his friends. 

'Do you have plain water?' I asked Ashley.  'we have punch' She said and lead me to the table full of food and drinks.  'Is it alchoholic?' I asked her.  'yeah it is but a drink or two is alright' Ashley said. 'oh okay thanks' I said and took a red plastic cup and scoop myself some punch. 'I'm just gonna go to the restroom. Just hang around alright?' Ashley said and walked off. It was so squishy downstairs so i went up stairs. Adam's house was huge and he even had a theathre room. We used to go to his house almost every week for movie night. I went into the threathre room and they were playing The Hunger Games. I stood there watching the movie for abit when i felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around and almost spit my drink out. It was Luke. How the hell did he know i was in here? 

'Heyyy' He said and smiled at me flirtatiously. I just stood there staring at him. I didn't know what to say or do so i quickly walked past him and was about to go out of the theathre when i felt him grab my wrist.  'wait don't go' He said staring at me intently.  'just let me go' I said wiggling my hand.  'I regretted what i did last time.. take me back.' He said and pulled me into his embrace. He's drunk.. i could smell the alcohol in his breath.  'you're drunk! now let me go!' I said trying to free myself from him.  'no i'm not. Can't you see how much i love you? I was your first! And first love always stays eventhough you try to brush off your feelings for me.' He said hugging me even tighter. I couldn't hide it anymore i just started crying my eyes out. I know i don't have feelings for him anymore but just seeing his face gives me alot of memories that i don't want to remember. I've been with him for 4 years and that's alot of memories.  'you cheated on me! I loved you but you cheated on me with my best friend! MY BEST FRIEND!' I said and pushed him off me. I quickly walked out of the theathre but Luke beat me to it. He held both my wrist and pushed me to the wall.  'That's because you couldn't give me what i wanted.' He said and smashed his lips against mine taking me by suprise. I tried getting out of his grip on my wrists but he was too strong. I didn't kiss back ofcourse and i turned my head to the side trying to avoid him.  He let go of my wrist and stared at me intently. I pushed him off as hard as i could and quickly ran downstairs and into the restroom and burst out crying. Jason shouldn't know about this.. i quickly wipe away my smudged make-up and wash my face.  I couldn't believe he did that..  'because you couldn't give me what i wanted' that hurt..alot. He said he could wait until i was ready...  I couldn't believe i actually loved that . I took my phone out and texted Cassidy. I texted her to fetch me from Adam's house now. And she texted me back right away  'on my way'. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked out of the restroom and waited outside for Cassidy. I texted Jason that i'll be going home first because i wasn't feeling well and just on time Cassidy's car pulled over and i went in the passenger seat. 

'Hey what's wrong?' Cassidy asked me.  'it's about him.. i'll tell you later. Can you just drive me home first?' I said looking out the window.  'alright' Cassidy said and drove to my house. 'Do you want to come in?' I asked her.  'yeah okay,if you don't mind' She said and we both got out of the car and went into the lift to the penthouse. I went in the house and i guess dad went out since non of the lights are on. I closed the door and we both went into my room and i told her everything. 

'that bastard! what are you going to do now?' Cassidy asked me.  'I don't know.. but one thing is for sure i do not want to see him anymore.' I said.  'you should get some rest Jean. Look at your eyes,it's all puffed up because of crying.' Cassidy said and got up.  'Alright,i'll open the door for you.' I said and got up as well and went downstairs and open the door for her.  'Don't think about him too much alright Jean?' Cassidy said.  'I know,goodnight Cassidy and thank you' I said and smiled.  'no problem and goodnight Jean!' She said and walked out. I closed the door and went back to my room and texted Ji Yong. 'I saw him.' I said. I promised him i would tell him and that's me keeping my promise. Straight away i got a text back from Ji Yong.  'Are you okay? Where are you now? I'm going there!' Ji Yong texted me back.  'I'm okay... at home. Coming here? like in New York? that would be amazing!' I texted back. Like he would actually pay for a plane ticket to come here. This guy is really funny. After that,he didn't text me back..i guess he must of fallen asleep since it's morning there. I changed into my PJ's and went to sleep. The only time my mind can rest. 

(END P.O.V)