[NINE] My First of Everything

Just Married

 

 

 

It was a wonderful Saturday morning for both Key and Amber. Key was getting ready for his date with Nicole while Amber was surfing the net searching for recipes. If Key wouldn’t teach her to cook, she just had to teach herself.

 

“You know what to do, right?”

“Yup. I’ll clean the house and stay safe.” Amber giggled.

“Okay, I’ll get going.”

“Bye, Keybongbong oppa!” Amber waved at Key as he went off.

 

As soon as the door closed, Amber started cleaning their home. She wasn’t cleaning because Key said so or because she wanted to be a good housewife but because she wanted to start cooking as soon as possible. She wanted to surprise Key when he gets back. She wanted to cook for him at least once.

 

“This is easy.” She uttered as she stared at the recipe.

 

She started with kimchi fried rice. She followed every single step. It wasn’t easy for her since she was alone and it was only her first time but if she was doing that for Key, then she’ll try her hardest to finish cooking. It took her two hours to finish a two-plate meal. She thought that it was all worth it since it’s the first time she made an edible meal.

 

The doorbell rang. Amber wasn’t expecting any visitor and Key wouldn’t be home any time that soon.

 

“You again?”

“Flaming Charisma Minho at your service.” He bowed at Amber.

“Come in?” Amber smiled.

 

“Smells nice. Are you cooking something?”

“Yeah. Ah, you’re just in time for lunch. Come with me.” Amber pulled Minho to the kitchen. She showed him what she made.

 

“Come. Have lunch with me.”

“Didn’t you make this for Key?” Minho knew since Amber didn’t know he’d come given that it was only a surprise wisit and Amber would most likely do things for Key and no one else.

 

“No, it’s alright. I can make another one later.”

“You sure?”

“Yes, so come here and eat with me.”

 

Amber waited for Minho to take his first taste.

 

“How is it?”

“Delicious.” Minho continued eating.

 

Amber tasted her kimchi fried rice. She creased her forehead.

 

“It doesn’t taste like anything. It’s not delicious.” Amber frowned.

“It is delicious for a first timer. And it’s not like you put something poisonous here so I’m willing to eat it for Chef Amber.”

“How did you know that it’s my first time?”

“Key told me that you don’t know how to cook. And since you were really excited of me tasting this, I knew it’s the first time.” Minho explained and put a spoonful in his mouth.

“Thanks, Minho oppa. You just made my day.”

“You’re welcome, Chef Amber.”

 

As soon as they finished eating, they helped each other on cleaning the dishes. Amber invited Minho to play Wii with her.

 

==

 

“So did you like the movie?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll send you home?”

“You’re supposed to do that.”

 

Key and Nicole walked silently. They weren’t fighting or anything but day by day, they slowly ran out of things to talk about. Instead of them looking like newlyweds (like what Key said when he told her about the KeyBer marriage), their relationship were dying. Nicole was afraid that that would happen but she has to be ready when the break up comes, when Key breaks up with her.

 

“So, what are you going to do after you send me home?” Nicole broke the silence.

“Uh… go to the grocery store. There are so many things to buy and they would be heavy for Amber to carry.” Hearing Key mentioning “Amber” hurt Nicole.

 

“Want to come with me?”
“No. I have a lot of things to do.”

“I understand-“

“Well, see you on Monday.”

 

Key went to the grocery store and made sure that he got everything in the list that he made with Amber.

 

“Amber must be trying her best to cook for me. I should but her something.”

 

Key thought that every little thing that Amber does for him should have something in return. So he bought a tiny strawberry phone keychain. He thought that that strawberry keychain would be a perfect reminder for Amber to eat less fatty foods and more healthy food like fruits.

 

“Oh no, I have to bring this to the gym.” Key forgot about his work-out schedule.

 

“So what time will Key comeback?” Minho asked in the middle of their game.

“Maybe in an hour or so.” Amber answered.

“Oh, I should go then.”

“Why? Let’s finish the game first.”

“We can finish the game next time. I have a feeling that Key wouldn’t like it if he sees me here. Bye, Amber. Flaming charisma Minho, out!” Minho bowed and rushed to the door.

 

“Key would come back soon. I should make him something to eat… A cake!” Amber ran to the kitchen and searched for the ingredients needed for the chocolate cake.

 

It was harder baking a cake since she was rushing. She tried not to mess the kitchen too much so Key wouldn’t be upset. She was also hoping that she wouldn’t do anything wrong to ruin the cake.

 

“I’m back! Amber, baby, where are you?” Key took off his shoes.

“I’m in the kitchen!”

 

Key smiled knowing that Amber was preparing something for him. He rushed to the kitchen and placed everything he bought on the table. But Amber pushed him out since she didn’t want him to know what she’s making. Key pouted and went to the living room. He saw that their Wii was out and he was sure that Amber didn’t play by herself.

 

“Amber, did we have a visitor?”

“Yeah, Minho oppa came.” Amber went out of the kitchen.

“Minho? Again?” Key’s eyes widen.

“Yup. We ate lunch together. We ate my first ever kimchi fried rice. He said it was delicious!”

 

Key suddenly felt as if his heart was starting to crack. He was jealous. He wanted to be first before Minho. Not only on tasting Amber’s very first kimchi fried rice but on everything connected to Amber.

 

“I thought you were searching recipes for me but it turned out to be for Minho.” Key walked passed Amber and went to their room.

“Oppa~” Amber followed him.

 

“Keybongbong oppa,”Amber called again but Key ignored her and lied on his bed.

 

“I really made that for you but Minho oppa came all of a sudden. I have to give him something.”

“Well,you could’ve ordered something. I wanted to taste it first before anyone else even if doesn’t taste good. I guess Minho is first in your heart and not me.”

“What? Oppa, come on. You know you’re my first of everything. You’re my first enemy, first BFF, first oppa and first husband.” Amber was kidding about the “first husband”.

“Oh, so you’ll really look for a second husband. Good luck to you then.” Key was still lying on his bed.

 

“No, it’s not like that. You know what I mean. And you know that you’re always and forever first in my heart. Oh, I forgot something. Wait here.” Amber remembered the chocolate cake she was baking.

 

“Key oppa, if Minho oppa first tasted Chef Amber’s first meal, then you will first taste baker Amber’s first cake. Tada!”

 

Key rose from the bed and look at Amber. She was holding a round cake with “Kim Kibum’s cake” written on it.

 

“This is especially made for Kim Kibum. No one can have it except him, well, if he’d like to share it with Amber Liu, he can.”

 

Key smiled and grabbed his phone. He took a photo of the cake.

 

“Now, that’s more like it.”

 

“I don’t think I can eat it, Embeo. It looks so pretty.”

“Still, you have to eat it.”

 

Key brought the cake back to the kitchen. He took a slice of the cake and took a huge bite.

 

“Ah, delicious!” Key shouted.

 

Amber wanted to know if Key wasn’t kidding so she tried to taste the cake, but Key lightly hit her hand.

 

“Kim Kibum doesn’t want his cake to be touched.” Key rolled his eyes.

“Even if it’s Amber Liu?”
“Even if it’s Amber Josephine Liu or Liu Yiyun or Embeo Liu.”

 

Key ate half of the cake then he stared at Amber for a minute.

 

“Am I really first in your heart?”

“Yes, really.”

“Good, great… Here~” Key laid the strawberry keychain on the table.

“Wow, it’s so cute. Thanks, oppa. I love you~”

“I love you, too, baby.” It was only a joke but it sounded so real.

 

They went  back to their room abd found their wedding photo still lying on the floor.

“Should we hang it?”

“We should. Our parents might come again.”

 

After putting their photo on the wall, they played PS2. Key didn’t want to play Wii since it would only remind him of Minho. He was trying hard not to hate Minho but his heart kept telling him to loathe him.

 

==

 

They had just finished cleaning the kitchen when someone rang the doorbell.

 

“Mom,” Amber said.

 

Amber and Key weren’t even surprised but they were a little disappointed. They were planning to go out and take a short walk at the park but with Mrs. Liu around, they had to cancel their plan.

 

“Sorry, I just paid a visit now. I was really busy.”

 

 

They only toured Mrs. Liu in the house. They listened to everything she told them. She left the two by 9 and Key and Amber were already tired so they just decided to go to bed.

 

“When will they stop visiting us?” Amber sat on her bed as she sighed. It’s not like Amber wasn’t happy to see her mom but she was tired of their parents visiting. Key laughed and patted Amber’s head.

“You can complain all you want tomorrow but for now, sleep.” Key kissed Amber’s forehead and tucked her to sleep.

 

Amber turned to the side. She faintly touched her forehead. She felt like her heart was going to explode from beating so fast.

 

“You’re not supposed to feel that way, Amber Liu!”

 

Key on the other hand was hitting his head.

 

“Why the hell did you do that, Kibum? This is a pretend marriage. It’s not real.”

 

They were both very confused of what they’re feeling. They weren’t supposed to feel that way but the feeling was unstoppable that they couldn’t fight it. They both thought that falling for each other is worse than being married to each other since falling in love wasn’t part of their plan.

 

======

 

Hey you guys please join shiny effects forums and if you love MinStal why don't you join our Spark:Beat e-mag activities. It's cool. :D 

 

http://shinyeffects.co.nr

JOIN NoW!!!