[TEN]Liking Someone

Just Married

Key and Amber were both bothered of what they were feeling. They would randomly feel their hearts beating fast when they’re together and something unexpected happens. Unexpected like Key saying how pretty Amber looked, Amber fixing Key’s hair and Key wiping off a piece of rice on Amber’s cheeks. Everything was so confusing that Key wasn’t able to sleep at night and Amber was slapping her face once in a while.

“Bab—Amber, I’m just gonna hang out at Dongwoon’s. Can you go home by yourself?” Key felt that it was wrong for him to call her “baby” in their weird situation.
“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Krys and Sul are coming with me anyway.”

“Key, let’s go!” Dongwoon called Key by the gate.
“Hurry up, hyung!” Taemin was next to Dongwoon.

“I’ll get going. See you later.”
“Yeah, see you~”

==

Key was so quiet at Dongwoon’s place. Instead of telling Dongwoon and Taemin not to do this and that, he just let the two be. The two knew that something was wrong, that something was bothering Key. So they stood in front of him with “what’s up?” look.


“How would you know that you like someone?” Key finally blurted out what he had been thinking.
“Uh… aren’t you supposed to know that since you’re already in a relationship?” Dongwoon asked back.
“Just answer my question, please.”

“Well, when you’re in a big crowd, she’s the only one you see.”
“When she smiles your heart skips a beat.”
“She’s the only one you think of.”
“Just thinking of her makes you smile.”
“Just hearing her name makes you happy and excited.”
“You’re jealous when she’s with other guys.”
“Not seeing her for a day makes you crazy.”
“And if her face is just like the others, you think she’s the most beautiful girl in the world.”

Dongwoon and Taemin answered alternately.

Key looked at Dongwoon and Taemin with awe. He didn’t really expect them to answer his question.

“Are you two in love? How did you know all of that?”

The two just shrugged their shoulders.

“Who’s the girl, hyung? I’m pretty sure it’s not Nicole noona.” Taemin sat beside Key.
“Well, I’m pretty sure you can guess who the girl is and you’ll be happy to know who she is.”
“It can’t be…. Amber noona?!” Taemin looked at Key curiosly while Dongwoon had his arms crossed waiting for a confirmation.

After a few seconds, Key finally nodded.

“It’s really Amber?!”
“Yes, but I’m still not sure if I really like her.” Key covered his face.”
“Have you experienced any of what we said?”
“I don’t know.”

There was a complete silence among them. Key was so confused and his two friends didn’t really know what to do either. It was a really big problem and in their friendship, a problem of one is a problem of everyone.

“What’s the easiest way to find out how I really feel for her?”
“Hmmm…. Kiss!” Taemin and Dongwoon shouted in unison.
“What? Kiss? You two are crazy.” Key shook his head.
“It’s the easiest way, Key. If it’s a kiss with spark you like her but if it’s a kiss with nothing then you don’t like her.”
“Then you kiss her. I ain’t kissing her.” Key stood up and picked up his things. He didn’t say “goodbye” and just walked away.

“Think about it, hyung!” Taemin shouted as the door slammed before them.

==

Amber, Sulli and Krystal were talking about the same thing. How Amber feels whenever Key does things for her and everything else, of course, the two girls thought that it was “love”. Sulli was “in love” with Taemin and Krystal… she had been experiencing the same things so they both knew what it was.

Amber still thought that it’s not love YET or that it was her mind’s telling her but her heart, it was shouting to her that it’s that something else that she never would have thought she’d feel for Key.

“How can I be so sure that I like him?”
“Kiss him.” The two simply answered.
“Kiss? How would you know how a kiss feels if neither of you has experienced it?” Amber raised her eyebrows.
“Hyung, just try to kiss him. Kiss is a magical thing.”
“Yes, try it, Amber. You’ll never know what will happen but at least you tried.” Sulli and Krystal pursued her.
“I ain’t asking him to kiss me. You two, leave. It’s already late.” Amber pushed the two out of the apartment.

==

Amber felt her phone vibrating

Let’s meet at the night market. Now. Waiting patiently—Keybongbong oppa

Amber grabbed her jacket and cap and went straight to the night market.

Key checked his watch. He was sure that Amber was there already somewhere. He stood at the middle of the loud nad crazy crowd searching for Amber. His phone rang so he picked it up.

“Oppa, I can see you. Now, find me.”
“Amber Liu, I’m not in the mood to play hide and seek with you.” Key was already frowning.
“Okay, okay. Turn around.”

Key turned around and found Amber few meters away from him. Amber was smiling like a little child. Key suddenly felt his heart beating faster and faster. He gulped as he put his phone down. Amber walked toward him then slowly, everyone around them was fading until Amber was the only person he could see.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Amber asked standing inches away from Key.
“I’m…” Key was lost in his thoughts.

‘When she smiles, you heart skips a beat.’
‘When you’re in a big crowd, she’s the only one you see.’

Those phrases echoed in Key’s head.

‘Wake up, Key. Wake up to reality!’ Slowly, everything was visible again—people bumping him and the noises they were all making.

“I’m… okay.” Key smiled.

“Did you have a safe trip on your way here? I really was planning to pick you up.” Key had a worried look in his eyes.
“I’m fine, oppa. I told you, I’m already old enough to ride the bus by myself.”
“Is it okay if we have dinner here? I don’t really want to cook tonight.”
“Yeah, it’s okay. I want spicy rice cakes though.” Amber giggled.
“We’ll eat that, then.” Key put his arms on Amber’s shoulder.

Both of them felt a little awkward. Key wanted to remove his arms but stopped himself since Amber might think that he’s uncomfortable around her. Amber, on the other hand, was trying so hard not be too stiff.

==

The next day, at school Amber went to the 94ers while Key was sitting dumbly on his seat. Nicole was absent that day so Key was all alone by himself. All of a sudden, Amber entered his mind. He was thinking how ridiculous he was of he felt that way for Amber. Then he thought of what Amber was doing right that moment or if she’s thinking of him, too. He thought that she’s probably imitating Sulli that moment and Key could imagine how cute she was with her aegyo. Key smiled to himself. Amber had always been cute in her own way. Her dorky personality adds to her cuteness.

“Oh, hey Amber!”
“Amber?” Key’s eyes searched for Amber.
“Thinking about Amber?” Dongwoon appeared in front of Key.
“W-what? No.”
“You’re supposed to be thinking of your absent girlfriend, remember?”

‘She’s the only one you think of.’
‘Just thinking of her makes you smile.’
‘Just hearing her name makes you happy.’

“I’m not thinking of her. I’ll just go out for a minute.”

On his way out, he saw Amber and Minho talking not too far from their classroom. He then felt a little mad, like he wanted to take Amber away from Minho. Then he saw Amber smiling at Minho. It just made him even madder. Yes, he was jealous but for him it wasn’t anything like that. It was just that he thought that girls shouldn’t smile like that in front of a guy coz for Key, it was flirting… who was he kidding, he was jealous. He breathed in very deeply before turning back to the room. Dongwoon was standing in front of him smirking.

‘You’re jealous when she’s with other guys.’

“And now you’re jealous coz she’s with Minho.”
“What are you talking about?!” he sounded so guilty.

“If you’re not jealous, you don’t love her and if you don’t love her, you’re not supposed to be jealous.” Dongwoon was making a lot of sense.
“Oh, shut up!”

==

Key was about to get out of the room to have lunch when Minho stopped him. Key creased his forehead wondering why Minho blocked him.

“Yah, Minho, I’m hungry. Let me pass.”
“We need to talk.”

Key glared at Minho having a feeling that it’s about Amber.

“I’ll get straight to the point… Is it okay of I ask Amber out?”

Key’s eyes widened. He didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t that surprising but he just felt a tiny twitch in his heart.

“Pardon?”
“I said… is it okay with you if I ask Amber out?”
“Uh… why are you asking my permission?”
“Well, I thought that since you’re her best friend and you’re kinda married to her right now, I need your permission first.” Minho was so cool and calm though he knew that Key was already uncomfortable with their topic.

“Honestly, I don’t really care. I don’t decide for Amber and I always respect whatever decision she makes.” And Key was trying his best to be cool like Minho.
“Is that so? You are gonna divorce her after 6 months, right?”
“I… I… Y-yes. So will you please let me pass coz I’m starving?” Key pushed Minho harshly.

“He likes her,” Minho uttered to himself.

==

“Soojung, can I have your banana milk?” Taemin sat beside Krystal.
“Oppa, buy your own.”
“Please, Soojung. Please, please, please.” Taemin was showing some aegyo.

“Oh my gosh, what was that?” Krystal just laughed at Taemin.
“Her, just don’t show me that face again.” Krystal had to give up her banana milk.

“Aren’t you jealous, Sul?” Amber asked.
“No, why would I? I’m not dating Taemin oppa.”
“But you like him.”
“But he doesn’t like me back.”
“Don’t worry, Sul. I’m still here.” Amber hugged Sulli.
“Thanks, hyung.”

Minho stood in front of them waiting for everyone to notice him.

“Hey, oppa.” Sulli was the first one to notice him.

“Can I talk with Amber… privately?”
“Uh, sure.”

Amber sat quietly as Minho sat beside her.

“I really respect your personal feelings but I just have to ask this.”
“What is it, oppa?”
“Uh… do you like KeyBum?”

Amber bit her lower lip and avoided eye-contact with Minho.

“You like him, don’t you?”
“I… honestly, I like you, oppa but right now I’m confused… confused of how I feel for Key oppa. I don’t know how I truly feel for him.” Amber explained.
“So, if I ask you out right now, you would reject me, right?” Minho had always felt that Amber have feelings for Key. He was ignoring that fact since he also knew that Amber have a little feelings for him, too.

“You understand, right?”
“But I still have a chance?”
“I’ll tell you… soon.”

 

======

 

Dongwoon appeared again... weeeh. I just ship DongKey xD

Oh, since during the Pinocchio promotion of f(x), I discovered that Sulli calls Amber "hyung" so yeah, I'm not making any mistake on that. hahha

Hope you enjoyed this update

 

If you haven't join our forum, please JOIN NOW!!! :D

http://shinyeffects.co.nr

thank you!