[Five] First Day of a Married Life

Just Married

 

 

RRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!! The alarm clock rang. The two opened their eyes but were still lying motionless on their beds.

 

“Oppa… please turn off the alarm clock.” Amber felt like she slept really late the night before.

“Come on, baby. Stand up!” Key pulled Amber up.

“Why doesn’t it feel weird seeing you when I wake up?”

“I don’t know. Get up. We have to move the beds.”

 

Amber lazily stood up and pushed her bed to the center of the room and Key did the same to his. Amber’s bed was at the right corner while Key’s was on the left.

 

“Amber went to the bathroom first while Key prepared their breakfast. It was supposed to be the other way around but since Key spoiled Amber, she had no idea how to cook.

 

As soon as Amber finished taking a bath, she sat on the chair and started eating the egg toast that Key made.

 

“Oppa, come eat with me.”

“I’m almost done here.” Key was actually preparing their lunch.

 

Key sat in front of Amber and grinned like a little baby.

 

“What are you smiling for?”

“I just know how my smile brightens your day.”

“Because your smile is so cute.” Amber pinched Key’s cheeks.

 

“And my baby’s smile is cuter!” Key pinched back Amber’s cheeks for revenge.

 

“Since when are you allowed to call me ‘baby’?” Amber creased her forehead.

“Since today. I can call you pumpkin, sweet heart, darling. You should call me ‘jagiya’ or ‘yeobo’.” Key imitated how girls say it in some dramas.

“In your dreams. It was already hard for me to call you oppa and now you’re asking me to call you ja-ja… no.”

 

They finally finished eating after fifteen minutes of nonstop giggling and laughing.

 

“I’m going to take a bath. Now, give your jagiya a kiss.” Key closed his eyes and pouted his lips.

 

Amber did the same and went closer to Key’s face. Their lips were only an inch away.

 

“Chu! Enjoy your bath!”

 

So they didn’t kiss. They didn’t really plan to. It was how they enjoy their married life. Acting as if they were really in love but they weren’t. “Marrying your best friend is fun.” It was what they thought. Fun and exciting, like a game but it wasn’t close to that.

 

Key took a bath while Amber cleaned up the kitchen. They didn’t really talk about what they’d do every morning but as how they saw it, it’d always be like that.

 

“WOAH!” Amber just came out from the kitchen and a really surprising sight welcomed her. She covered her eyes with her two hands.

“What? Oh my~” Key came out of the bathroom with only his boxers on so he covered his upper body with a small towel that was hanging on his shoulder.

 

“You do remember that you’re living with a girl now, right?”

“Yes, but it’s not like it’s the first time you see me half-.”

“It is the first time! And it’s not really pleasing in the eyes.”

“WHAT?!”

 

Key walked toward Amber and pulled Amber’s hands away from her eyes.

 

“Look closer!” Key ordered so Amber picked with one eye open. Well, there was nothing to see… Key had no abs, just flat tummy.

“Still not pleasing~” Amber closed her eyes.

 

“If you don’t mind, will you please put on your uniform?”

“Hmp!” Key walked into their room.

 

“I like your back side better. It’s y!” Amber mocked him.

“Shut up!”

 

The two rode the bus. They were talking, laughing and teasing each other as if nothing new and unusual happened the day before. They thought that it was better that way, pretending that nothing happened, that they were still just best friends and nothing more than that.

 

“Nicole’s apartment is far from ours.” Key looked out at the window as they passed Nicole’s apartment.

“You should move in with her. It’ll be a lot easier.”

 

The bus stopped and so they walked a few meters to school.

 

“Hey, I’m going to wait for Nicole. See you in class.”

“Okay,”

 

Amber went into the school alone. She greeted everyone in class and talked with her friends. Then after a couple of minutes, someone suddenly pulled her out from the room.

 

“JinRi.” It was nothing but her little—coz of her age and not coz of her height—best friend.

“How’s your married life?”

“It’s as if you weren’t at the wedding yesterday.”

“Hyung, where’s your wedding ring? I wanna see it!” Sulli took both of Amber’s hand and inspected them.

“We took them off after the wedding. We don’t want anyone to know.”

“You didn’t throw them away, right?”

“We wouldn’t even dare. They’re like really, really expensive.”

 

“Hey, Amber. Hey, Jinri.” Someone suddenly greeted them.

“Oh, hey Minho oppa.”

 

“Oh my, I can’t believe you still like him.” Sulli said as soon as Minho entered the classroom.

“Oh my, I can’t believe you still like Taemin.”

“Hyung, you didn’t tell him, right? I know you’re close to him, closer than me and Krystal combined, but you wouldn’t tell him anything, right? Right?”

“As long as you wouldn’t tell Minho how I feel for him.”

 

“I honestly prefer Key oppa than him. Key oppa is a better match for you. Too bad he’s dating Nicole eonni.” Sulli pouted as she looked at Key and Nicole walking passed them.

 

“Didn’t he notice us?” Sulli asked frowning.

“Wait for it. Three, two, one—“

“Hey baby. What’s up, Jinri?” Key peeked out from the room.

 

“He calls you ‘baby’? Since when?”

“Since this morning. It’s nothing. He’s just teasing me. You should go to your classroom. Let’s just meet later at lunch. Key made some dumplings.”

“Oh, eonni, don’t get mad, okay? But I told Soojung about you’re fixed marriage thing.” Sulli ran away as fast as she could.

 

Meanwhile, back to Key and Nicole.

 

“Why did you call her ‘baby’?” Nicole looked at Key.

“I’m just teasing her. No need to be jealous.” Key smiled.

“Well, I don’t like it so you better stop.”

“Okay, I’ll stop.”

 

Key felt a little hurt. It didn’t feel like a scold from a girlfriend but more like an order from someone so high and respected.

 

==

 

“Keybum’s dumpling attack!” Amber shared her packed lunch with Sulli and Krystal.

 

“So you weren’t planning to tell me about your wedding?” Krystal crossed her arms.

“Hush! Don’t be too loud.”

 

“Congratulations on your wedding, noona!” Taemin shouted from behind.

“Nice one, oppa.” Krystal and Sulli high-fived Taemin.

“Great. By tomorrow, everyone will know.” Amber sighed. Thanks to Taemin, she couldn’t enjoy Key’s dumplings.

“Don’t worry, noona. We won’t tell anyone.”

 

“Hey, b—Amber, Jinri, Soojung, and Taem. You wouldn’t mind us joining, right?” Key came in with Nicole.

 

It was awkward for Amber to be on the same table as Nicole. It was as if Nicole was eating her alive with her stare.

 

They used to be great friends. It was Amber who helped Key to get close to Nicole. But ever since Key and Nicole started dating, they became really distant as if they’d just met each other or even worse, as if they were enemies.

 

==

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Key waved at Nicole as she walked away.

 

“Now, baby, let’s go home.” Key put his arms over Amber’s shoulder.

“You should really stop calling me ‘baby’. Nicole might get angry.”

“Actually, she not really happy about it. So… I’m only gonna call you ‘baby’ when she’s not around.” Key laughed like a lunatic.

“It’s like you’re secretly cheating on her.”

“But I’m not so deal with it.” Key pushed Amber into the bus.

 

======

 

sorry if I didn't update last friday. I actually didn't forget it was friday but also forgot it was friday. hahaha.. I only remebered I have to update the next day which is yesterday but we have to go to a birthday party and it's like a family get together thing so I didn't have the chance to go online. haha