[FOURTEEN] AmBear

Just Married

 

 

“Was it really funny?” Krystal asked.

 

Taemin was laughing his heart out and Krystal was pretty sure that her joke wasn’t that funny. It was that kind of joke that after you said it, you’ll laugh but the others won’t and it’ll become really quiet and a little embarrassing.

 

“Are you mocking me oppa?” Krystal raised her left eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

“No, it’s really funny.” Taemin was still giggling.

 

“I feel out of place right now… Hyung!” Sulli pouted as she faced Amber.

“Oh, Jinri.” Amber patted Sulli’s head.

 

“Hey, Amber.” Minho greeted her as he sat next to her

“Hey, oppa.”

 

“Look at this guy. Just because his feelings for Amber eonni is all out in public, he only greets her. He doesn’t see us anymore.” Sulli was glaring at Minho.

“Oppa, I didn’t know you’re like that.”

“Not  cool, hyung.” Taemin and Krystal shook their heads.

 

“Okay. Hey Jinri, Soojung and Taem.” Minho even waved at the three.

 

“So fake… still not cool.”

“So what are you doing here, oppa?” Amber finally had the chance to talk.

“To eat with you… I mean all of you. I can still hang out with you, right?” Minho grabbed his packed lunch inside his bag.

“Of  course.”

 

“How can you be so brave? Even if you know that Amber eonni doesn’t feel anything for you anymore, you’re still here.” Sulli switched seats with Amber.

 

“What is Sulli talking about?” Taemin didn’t know about that part of the story.

“That.. I can’t tell you.” Krystal turned to face Minho.

 

“Do you really know Choi Minho? He hates losing. I can always flip the page and win Amber’s heart.” Minho stated as if he’d really win over Key.

 

“Now, that’s what I call cool.” Krystal gave Minho two thumbs up.

“But I still doubt that you’ll win.” Krystal added with a smirk.

 

“Am I the only one who’s not getting this?” Taemin scratched his head.

“Oh, Lee Taemin, I wish I can tell you but I don’t even know what to say hearing this two girls speak for me when they’re supposed to be keeping their mouths shut.” Amber put her hands on her waist and glared at Krys and Sul.

 

“Ha-ha. Amber’s siding with me.” Minho stuck his tongue out at the two girls but Amber glared at him too.

 

“Now, can we talk about something else?”

 

“Key hyung…” Taemin uttered that made everyone look at him.

“Oh, wait, I can’t tell you about that. Let’s talk about milk.” Taemin smiled and the others laughed at him.

 

==

 

Key was sitting with Nicole at a table far from Amber and her friends but he was still able to see what they were doing. They were having fun. Amber was having fun. He was thankful that Sulli was between Amber and Minho but after few seconds, he saw Minho standing up and the next thing he knew, Minho was sitting next to Amber, laughing with her. He wanted to stand up and attack Minho but he didn’t want to be detained in the school office.

 

‘Is it possible? They couldn’t be… but what if they are? Surely they’re not.’ Key didn’t notice that Nicole was staring at him oddly for quite a while.

 

“Key, are you okay?”

“Huh? Uh… yes. I was just thinking of… of what to eat later for dinner.”

“Isn’t it a little early for that?”

“Yeah, but…”

“Ah, come with me after school. Let’s do some window shopping and eat dinner together.” Nicole cut him off.

“Let’s do that.” Key faked a smile.

 

==

 

Amber stood by the gate. She was waiting for Key. Of course, she was assuming that they’ll go home together that day since they do that everyday. But when she turned her head to find Key, she saw him coming with Nicole with a really unexplainable expression. She didn’t know what he’d say but she was sure that they’re not going home together.

 

“Amber, I’m going to the shopping district with Nicole. And we’re planning to have dinner there. You can go home by yourself, right?” Key was only forced to say that.

“I told you, oppa, I’m not a kid anymore. Of course, I can do that.”

“I really don’t want you to go home by yourself.” Key bit his lower lip.

 

“Don’t worry, Kibum. She’s not alone. I’ll take her home.” Minho suddenly appeared beside Amber and had his arm around Amber’s shoulder. Key frowned as if he wanted to ask Minho why he was being “touchy” but thought that he also does that to Amber.

“You don’t have to worry, Key. She’s with Minho. Let’s go.” Nicole pulled him away.

 

“What was that about?” Amber moved away from Minho.

“I’m helping you.” Minho replied.

“Helping me? For what?”

 

“You like Key, right? And right now, I’m guessing you want to know if he likes you back. Well, with me around we can find out if he’s jealous or anything. Isn’t that helping?” Minho explained as they got on the bus.

“But I don’t want you to help. They say that the person helping two people fall in love will end up with who s/he’s helping. I might end up with you. I don’t want that.” Amber sat on a solo seat so Minho won’t have a chance to sit next to her.

 

“You watch a lot of drama with Key, don’t you? If you and Key are made for each other then I won’t be a barrier to you but if not, then I must be really your destiny.” Minho was half-joking but was still making sense.

 

Amber didn’t respond to what Minho said and just kept quiet

 

“Are you really in love with Key? Minho was obviously questioning Amber’s feelings for Key. He was wondering how everything can happen so fast. It took him two years to realize his feelings for Amber but it took Amber only a couple of weeks to realize his feelings for Key.

 

“Yes, I thi—I know I am.” She knew in her heart that she was in love with Key. No guy other than Key had ever made her feel fussy inside, not even Minho. Her feelings for Minho, it was just a little crush, a little admiration. AT first she thought that she was already in love with him but Key made her realize what LOVE really felt like.

 

“I’ll make you dinner,” Minho rushed inside as soon as Amber opened the door of their apartment.

 

Amber couldn’t hate Minho. She couldn’t push him away. He wasn’t doing anything wrong and like what he said, he was only helping her. Before she knew it, they weren’t talking about Key anymore; they were talking about other things that didn’t really concern them.

 

==

 

Key was just following Nicole wherever she went rather than leading her to some really nice boutique. He felt weird that he’s not fighting with Nicole for the past few days. They weren’t breaking up and he wasn’t asking for forgiveness. They were alright. ‘Was that a sign?’ he asked himself but his feelings for Nicole wasn’t getting deeper. As for his feelings for Amber, it was something that’s growing. Each day, he felt like his love for her was getting deeper and deeper and deeper… so deep that he forgets that he’s also in love with Nicole. But he still had no plan on choosing between them.

 

The only thing that was worrying him that moment was what Minho and Amber were doing at their apartment.

 

==

 

After having dinner with Nicole, they walked around the place for the last time. Key spotted this one stuff toy shop and Amber simply popped in his mind.

 

“Key, I have to go home. My roommate’s looking for me.”

“Okay, but I can’t take you home. I… I have to buy something for my mom.” Key had been lying a lot that day.

“Oh, well, see you tomorrow.”

 

As soon as Nicole wasn’t visible anymore, he hurried back to the shop and looked for the teddy bear that caught his eyes. It was a huge chubby teddy bear with a red ribbon tied on its neck.

 

Key was so happy holding the teddy around his arms. He was excited to give it to Amber and he couldn’t wait to see her epic reaction.

 

He had already got off the elevator when he saw Amber and Minho by their apartment door. They were saying their goodbyes to each other with smiles plastered on their faces. Key hid at the emergency exit not wanting to see any more MinBer.

 

After a minute or so, he finally got out and left the teddy bear there. He entered their apartment and went straight to the couch and slouched there. Amber was sitting next to him but he didn’t greet her or anything.

 

“Hello, oppa.” Amber had to greet him first.

“Tell me the truth, Amber. Are you and Minho dating?” He had been curious about that all day.

“Uh… NO.”

“Really?”

“Really. I have no plan on dating him.”

“But I thought you like him?” Key wouldn’t stop asking questions.

“I also thought that I like him but it turned out that I don’t.  It’s just a crush. Love and crush are two different things.” Amber cleared out what she really felt for Minho.

 

“You’re not dating Minho?” Key asked again and Amber shook her head.

“You can tell me if you are.”

“For the last time, I’m not dating Minho, okay? I wouldn’t date anyone when I’m still married to you though you’re dating someone right now, I don’t really care.”

“Wait here, okay? I just left something outside.” Key ran outside and went back to the emergency exit. He grabbed the teddy bear and went back just beside the door.

 

“Amber…” he called her so Amber went closer to the door. The she saw the head of the teddy bear peaking by the door.

 

“Hello, miss, my name is AmBear. It’s a big pleasure to meet you.”

 

Key finally showed himself as he playfully moved the teddy bear’s arms.

 

“For me?” Amber’s eyes were wide-opened. She was obviously surprised.

“For you~”

 

Amber grabbed the teddy bear from Key and hugged it.

 

“Thanks, oppa but…w-why?”

“Well, I just thought I should act like a real husband. We’re newlyweds and we’re supposed to be sweet and lovey-dovey to each other… so, what should my wife do after receiving a gift from her husband?” Key raised his eyebrows.

“I should give you a hug?”
“No, you should give me a kiss.”

 

Rather than caring about what Key said, Amber just dropped the teddy bear at the side and hugged Key, tighter than her hug to the teddy bear. Key wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her back.

 

"Thank you so much, oppa.” Amber whispered behind Key’s left ear.

 

=====

 

That's right I'm back, update on Saturdays :D

can't on Fridays coz I have school on Saturdays.. ... yeah... i hate it. blah

sorry for the typos

 

thanks for waiting :D love you all

 

join our forum!!!! http://shinyeffects.co.nr