[EIGHT] Miss you Like Crazy

Just Married

 

 

It was Thursday night when Key received a call from his mother. Mrs. Kim stated that Key’s grandma was sick and was looking for Key. After thinking the whole night, Key finally decided something.

 

“What? You’re leaving now? Oppa, can I come with you?” of course, Amber didn’t want to stay in their apartment alone.

“Sorry, baby, but you can’t. You have to stay here. I’ll be back on Sunday.”

“Three days? You’ll be away for that long? I’ll go after you tomorrow.” Key didn’t respond and was contacting someone on his phone.

 

“Sul, it’s me, Key oppa. I’ll be going to Daegu today and Amber will be alone here. I’m giving you permission to sleep over and if you plan to go somewhere this weekend, make sure that Amber wouldn’t hurt herself. You know how she is… Yes, Krys can sleep over, too. Take good care of Amber, okay? Bye.” Key placed his phone in his bag and looked at Amber.

 

“You heard what I just said to Sulli. Now, let-s go or you’ll be late for school.

 

Key waved at Amber as she went off the bus. Amber sighed and went straight to the campus. She sat on her desk looking at the empty seat next to her. Key has never been away from Amber for three days long before. Maybe a day and a half but never more than that. She smiled thinking that Key would surely call her whenever he has a chance.

 

“And at least he’s not with Nicole.” She uttered a very weird and a little cruel statement.

“Amber J. Liu, what are you saying? Bad mouth!” she hit .

 

She felt really mean saying that. It’s as if she was getting jealous or something. She had felt jealous of Nicole before but for a simple reason but then again, it was a different kind of jealous.

 

“Hey, Amber, is something wrong? You look a little confused.” Minho sat on Key’s seat.

“Nothing. I’m just thinking.”

“Where’s your husband?”

“Who?” Amber wasn’t really listening.

“You husband, Keybum, where is he? He’s not with Nicole and he’s not with you.”

“Oh, Key oppa, he went to Daegu. His grandma is sick so he’ll go and take care of her.” Amber explained.

“He’s a really good grandson, then.”

“He’s not just good… he’s a great grandson.”

 

==

 

Amber went to the cafeteria and searched for her friends. She found Krys and Taemin and so she sat with them. Sulli was missing. Amber thought that she might still be hiding from Taem after what happened the week before but just to be sure, she asked the two persons beside her who were busy playing with each other.

 

“Pardon? I’m sorry. I can’t hear you well. This guy won’t stop talking.

 

“Where’s Sulli?”

“Sulli? She received a call earlier so she said I should go ahead. I don’t know what’s taking her so long.” Krystal answered.

 

“Oh, Amber, there she comes. Oppa, you should hide!” Krystal pushed Taemin away.

“Why should I? I’m not in love with her.”

 

As Krystal and Taemin kept pushing each other away, Sulli had sat down beside Amber.

 

“What took you so long?”

“Before I could even get out of the room, your husband called. He told me random house rules that I’m sure you don’t even follow. He also told me about the groceries and he also told me about the fact that I can never ever let you out of the apartment building alone, I can never feed you too much food, that I must go with you wherever you go, that I must always see if you’re still breathing, basically, I should take good, no, wrong word, take GREAT care of you. What does he think of me, your mother? Hyung, you’re older than me!” Sulli thought that rather than having fun with Amber that coming weekend, it’d be a torture since she has to take care of her hyung.

“Don’t worry, Sul. I won’t drag you around anywhere and I’ll do all the house chores.”

 

==

 

That night, at KeyBer’s apartment, it seemed like a party with loud music and jumping on and off the couch. Key probably had a feeling that they’d party hard even if they were only three so he just had to call Sulli to make sure nothing’s broken. He really had no plan on calling Amber since he knew that she’d have plenty of stories to tell Key and one phone call wouldn’t be enough so he just sent her a message asking how she was and when she attempted to call him, he declined the call without hesitation.

 

The next morning, the three decided to go shopping. It had been too long since they last did that thanks to Key who was very protective over Amber and would always steal her away from her friends and go shopping with her.

 

“Did you invite him along, Amber? I don’t really like any part of him near me.” Krystal was glaring at the smiling Taemin in front of them.

“Oh, Soojung, why are you always starting a fight with me? I’m getting tired.”

 

“I just thought it’ll be less awkward for Sul and Taem to hang out if we’re around.”

“Noona, we’re okay now. We had decided to just stay as friends. I’m not ready for that kind of relationship yet. Right, Sulli?”

“Right!” Sulli agreed.

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you something. I brought a friend…. Hyung!” Taemin called out and before they knew it someone very, very familiar was standing next to Taemin.

 

“Minho oppa,” the three girls said in chorus.

“You don’t mind if I join, right?”

 

So the five hang out together at the mall. Surprisingly, Amber was quiet. Obviously, she wans’t having fun. The other four were having the time of themselves but Amber seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. The whole time she was only thinking of a way how she can go to Daegu without Sulli knowing.

 

“Ice cream?” Minho offered her a chocolate flavored ice cream.

“Thanks,”

“Are you thinking of a way to get out of here and follow Key?” Amber was surprised of Minho’s question.

“How did you know?”

“Believe it or not, Key called me last night and asked me to take care of you.”

“He really hates it when I get hurt. When I we were younger I always tripped over the smallest thing and hurt myself. And he’s always around so he always see everything. He became really over protective of me so sorry about that.”

“I’ll take care of you. I wouldn’t like it either if ever you get hurt.”

 

“Krys, our KeyBer dream is slowly getting shuttered.” Sulli and Krystal sighed.

“Hey, that’s me dream, too.” Taemin butted in.

“Why did you invite him in the first place?” Krystal was glaring at Taemin again.

“We need a little drama in our Keyber story, like a love triangle. And don’t hate on Minho hyung. He’s not doing anything wrong.” Taemin defnded his hyung.

“It’s love square. May I remind you that Key oppa has a girlfriend.” Krystal raised her eyebrows.

“oppa, do you think Minho oppa likes Amber eonni?” Sulli had to speak so the two would stop shouting at each other.

“I don’t know. I haven’t asked him about that yet.”

 

It was getting dark when they decided to go home. Krystal wasn’t allowed to sleep over again so she had to go to her own home. Sulli and Amber just had pizza for dinner and went to bed early that night. Amber slept on Key’s bed since she knew that Key wouldn’t allow anyone to just lie on his bed.

 

The next day, Sulli had to go home. Amber was left alone at the apartment. She had nothing to do the whole day since Key might come back really late so she decided to clean up their place. She thought that Key would be really happy when he comes back with the house spotless.

 

The doorbell suddenly rang. She knew it’s not Key but she wasn’t sure who it was.

 

“Chicken delivery~” Minho smiled as he held up two plastic bags.

“Oppa, how did you know I live here?”

“I asked Taemin. Can I come in?”

“Sure.”

“I kinda guessed that you need some company.”

“Guessed or asked Sulli if she’s still here?” Amber raised her eyebrows.

“A little of both,” they both chuckled.

 

Minho stayed with Amber until five. Amber really liked Minho’s company. It seemed like a manlier Key was with her. But of course, she still preferred Key and his divaness and simply the way Key makes her laugh in the silliest way he could do.

 

“Thanks for coming here.”

“Anything for you. Well, see you tomorrow.”

 

Amber was alone again, waiting for Key to come back. She waited, waited and waited. She ate the leftover chicken for dinner and continued waiting. She walked around their home, sat on anything she could sit on, lied on everything she could lie on and stood on any place she could stand on. It was half passed eleven; Amber couldn’t wait any longer so she went to the bed room. She stared at the two beds in front of her and decided to sleep on Key’s bed.

 

==

 

Key stood in front of their apartment’s door on exactly 12 midnight. He went in and found all the lights off except for the light of their room. He walked into their bedroom. He saw Amber sleeping with her body crumpled on his bed.

 

“Embeo,” he called.

“Hmm? Key oppa? I’m starting to hallucinate. Maybe I just miss him so much that I’m hearing things.” Amber only opened her eyes but didn’t look around.

 

“Hey, baby, I’m here.” Amber looked at where the voice came from.

 

“Oppa!!!” she shouted. Then she ran toward him and hugged him so tightly.

 

Key suddenly felt his heart beating fast—faster than the usual. It was as if he was going to have a heart attack but it didn’t felt horrible. It actually felt really good. But he ignored that feeling and smiled.  He thought that maybe he just missed her as much as how Amber missed him so he just hugged her back.

 

“Hallucinating? That’s how much you missed me?” Key asked as they stayed hugging each other.

“Didn’t you miss me? That’s very cruel of you.”

“Who said I didn’t miss you? I missed you so much that I thought that I’m going crazy.”

 

Amber looked at Key oddly. She smiled from ear to ear and hugged him again.

 

“You missed me. I missed you. Let’s stop all this hugging and tell me how your weekend went.” They sat on Key’s bed.

 

“It was alright. I went shopping with Krys, Sul, Taem and Minho oppa yesterday. And earlier Minho oppa paid a visit. But nothing really exciting happened. I still prefer if I’m with you. It was really boring. Every hour, every minute, every second, I wished I was with you. Oh, is your grandma okay? I wish I can visit her.”

“She’s fine. She kept asking about you and our married life.”

“Let’s visit her together next time so I wouldn’t miss you. From now on, you can’t leave for a day or more. You have to take me anywhere you go if you have to.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, baby. I might think that you’re so in love with me right now.” Key said jokingly but Amber felt a little weird knowing that it was a joke.

 

“I should go to sleep. There’s school tomorrow.”

“Sleep well, baby.”

 

Amber finally had a goodnight sleep. She felt secured with Key next to her. Key felt better knowing that Amber was fine and not a single part of her body was hurt.

 

It had been a month since they got married and as others expected, they were starting to have this different feeling for each other thought both of them really had no idea what that feeling was.

 

 

=====

 

Weeeehhh.. it's Friday.. I love Friday!!!