[Three] One Big Daily Drama

Just Married

 

too lazy to make replies... LOL.... sorry. next chapter maybe :D

 

“WHAT?! NO WAY… YOU?!” Key and Amber both shouted.

 

Everyone looked at them. It was very rude to shout at a place full of depressed people and before they knew it, they had become one of those people. Mrs. Kim pulled Key back to his seat while Mrs. Liu pushed Amber to the seat in front of Key’s.

 

Their forehead creased looking at each other. They were talking with their eyes. Key was as if asking Amber “why didn’t you tell me that you’re the girl I’m gonna marry?!” and Amber’s eyes respond was “I didn’t know! Really!”

 

They were so busy with their magical telepathy that they didn’t really notice that their parents were already planning their wedding.

 

“Amber? KiBum? What do you think?”

“Huh?” they slowly turned their heads to their parents.

“Do you prefer a traditional wedding or a modern wedding?”

 

The completely ignored the question and told their parents what they thought.

 

“Isn’t this a little old fashion? Fixed marriage? Come on.”

 

Their parents laughed obnoxiously but still quiet enough not to disturb the others in the restaurant. And like what the two did, their parents ignored them as well.

 

“Kids these days…”

 

“Will you listen to us for a second?!” and again, they caught everyone’s attention with their loud voices.

 

“I will not marry Amber. Although she’s really nice and sweet, she’s not the type of girl I’d marry. No offense, Amber.”

“None taken. And I will not marry Key oppa, either. Maybe he is the perfect husband/wife type but there’s no way I’d marry him.”

 

It was 2006, Amber was sleeping over at Key’s place but since they were too lazy to sleep, they just watched TV. Princess Hours was airing (everyone knows how that drama goes). They thought it was ridiculous for two people to get married especially when they didn'’t have feelings for each other. Not all fixed marriage would end up with a happily ever after. So their second rule in their friendship was “NEVER MARRY THEY PERON YOU DON’T LOVE”. Actually that was their life’s rule but they included it to their friendship rule in case it ever happens to them. Amber was actually thinking that Key was kidding about the meeting with his wife-to-be. But it did actually happen. Their parents were planning; probably their parents had finished planning their wedding.

 

“We told you for the hundredth time, we’re not getting married!!!” the two stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

 

They were being so impolite to their parents but they understood why Key and Amber were acting like that. They were surprised of course and their parents knew that they’ll be totally against the fixed marriage but their parents wouldn’t just simply marry the two off for no reason. There was a reason but they couldn’t tell that to the two yet.

 

“I don’t get it… why us?”

“I know, right? Did you know that our parents have been meeting and discussing this kind of thing behind our backs?”

“I had zero idea.”

 

They heaved a sigh. They were so clueless. Why didn’t they ever think that they might be married to each other someday?

 

“I even dressed up so nicely and then they'd give me this!”

“You look great though. I can now call you a fashionista.”

 

Key was too busy thinking of a way to get himself out of the meeting that he didn’t even notice how pretty Amber was.

 

They went to the grocery—the only place where their worries fade away. It was their comfort zone. Whenever they had problems, they would go to the grocery store and would buy random stuffs that neither of them needed and would reminisce about their fun past.

 

“I need a lot of chocolates and candies.”

“No, you don’t. Stick with fruits and veggies. Here’s a box of strawberries!” Key was actually taking good care of Amber’s health.

“Please, please, please~” Amber begged with her lama-like eyes.

“Please Kibongbong oppa.”

“Okay, I guess I need some, too.”

“Yayy!!!”

 

This was Key's way of spoiling Amber but never did he gave her chocolates. Only on special events they ate a lot of sweets including birthdays and Valentine’s Day but since they were depressed that day, he just had to give her chocolate to make her happy. Key preferred to be the sad one. He thought that Amber looks ugliest when she was sad or when she was crying while he still looked gorgeous whatever his expression was.

 

“Should we go home?”

“Can we hang out at your place first? I really don’t want to go home right now.” Amber was so sure that if she went home that instant, she would only see her parents and they’d probably pursue her on marrying Key.

 

She stayed at Key’s place until before midnight. They were thinking of a way on how to get themselves out of the whole fixed marriage thing. Their parents wouldn’t hear them out and they had no idea why they suddenly decided to marry them off.

 

“What about Nicole?”

“What about Minho?”

“What about my dreams of getting married after college?”

 

Amber looked at Key unusually then laughed.

 

“Are you serious? Does that mean you’re planning to marry Nicole?”

“No. We still don’t know if I’m still dating Nicole by that time.”

“You love her so much. I’m sure you’ll find a way to marry her.”

“Let’s just talk again tomorrow.”

 

Key was so upset that he didn’t really want to talk about Nicole and marriage.

 

==

 

Key hardly had a goodnight sleep that night. He didn’t stop thinking about his parents, Amber’s parents, Amber and the words “fixed” and “marriage”. Even if he tried to stop thinking, he simply couldn’t. How could he? Everything was still blurred to him. He just didn’t get it.

 

He yawned with his eyes close and with his whole body lying on his bed. It felt like he didn’t want to get up and to just stay on bed all day. He opened his eyes thinking that he should at least lie on bed with his eyes open so no one would think he was dead.

 

“Amber?” he was startled seeing Amber sitting at the side of his bed.

“Good morning, oppa. Don’t mind me here. For the first time, I just didn’t want to see my parents for a very reasonable reason.”

“Were you able to sleep last night?”

“Not a blink.” It was obvious that Amber didn’t get any sleep either coz her eyes looked so tired.

“Let’s go to the kitchen and have some breakfast.”

 

After having a strawberry jam sandwich for breakfast, the two sat dumbly on the couch. There was a long moment of silence.

 

“Amber.” Key spoke up first.

“Hmmm?”

“I’ve been thinking really hard since last night…” and Key just had to pause since he was sure that Amber wouldn’t be happy on what he was gonna say.

 

“Why don’t we just follow our parents and just get married?”

“You crazy?!” and as expected, it just made Amber furious.

“Before you get madder, hear me out first. Did you remember when we re-watched Full House last year? We can do what they did. Let’s get married and divorce each other after 6 months.” Key must be really crazy with that kind of thought.

“I’m sure that you’re familiar of how the story went on, right? They didn’t divorce each other instead they fell in love and lived happily ever after.”

“No… I think they divorced each other but at the end, they stayed together coz they loved each other.”

"What’s the difference? And I have no plan to divorce my husband since I’m gonna marry the guy I love. Oh, and have you forgotten our parents? Divorce is impossible with them around. Come on, oppa. You’re smarter than that.” Amber made so much sense.

 

“I’m not on my right mind right now. I can’t think straight. And even if we refuse to get married, they’ll still get on with the wedding. You’ll be on your wedding dress and I’ll be standing next to you saying ‘I do’. I don’t want to divorce my wife either but that’s all the choice we have. It’s not like we’re gonna fall in love with each other in few months?”

 

Right then, their lives were nothing but one big daily drama. It would have gotten the highest rating and would lead the Kdrama sensation in whole Asia or maybe the whole world.

 

“Amber, there’s 0% that we’ll fall in love in 6 months. I’m sure our parents want us to fall in love with each other but if we don’t, they have no other choice but to let us split.”

 

Amber sighed very, very deeply which only meant “It looks like I have no choice but to marry Key oppa and divorce him after 6 months.”

 

==

 

“Really? That’s great!” Mrs. Liu exclaimed after hearing Amber and Key’s decision.

“I’ll just call your mother, KiBum. I’ll tell her the good news.”

 

As soon as Mrs. Liu went in to her room, Key turned to the wall and kept hitting his head on it while Amber stuffed her face in the pillow cushion and mumbled some words that weren’t really understandable.

 

“Do you want to die right now? I’m willing to die with you.” Amber was being sarcastic but if she could really die that moment, she’d be the happiest unmarried spirit ever.

 

After few minutes, Mrs. Liu came back and told them a “better” news.

 

“I’ve talked to your mom and we decided that your wedding would be at the end of the month! What do you think?”

 

Amber and Key looked (more like glared) at each other before faking a smile and uttered “Wow. Great. Can’t wait.”

 

They raced to the calendar and checked when that “end of the month” will be. So they counted one, two, three…three weeks. It wasn’t surprising… just a little shocking. They really couldn’t wait… to die.

 

“Just kill me now… please.”

 

Amber didn’t know why but tears just started falling from her eyes. She was not usually that dramatic but everything seemed so shocking that it made her cry. Key, on the other hand, was patting Amber’s back, trying so hard not to cry with her.

 

“It’ll be over soon…” Key said.

 

They were both hoping right that moment that the drama they were staring it wouldn’t continue; even if it was a cliffhanger, they’d rather stay that way.

 

====

sorry for typos :D

announcement: update is every Friday and this fic will have 20 chapters... that's all thank you. hahaha