Chapter 48

Reaching You

Andy sighed and ran his hands through his hair. The rain that poured outside seemed to match his current mood. 'I am going to need to take a hiatus. I promise I will work hard and make digital music.' She had pleaded, deeply bowing towards him. Andy felt his heart break at the sight,  'she doesn't know.' he realized. The hospital had sent her medical information to his company, asking for them to help sooner schedule in her chemo. "Micha I know the truth." Her eyes showed many emotions, mainly shock and hurt. "Does Hyesung know?" He asked.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Hello." Micha said as her father walked into the hospital room. She was reading a book on finding inner peace, tubes attached to his nose. She looked smaller in his eyes thanks to her being to only person in the room. She didn't acknowledge him other than that so he took the seat not far from her bed. "They said that all is going smoothly for you. I asked Suzuka to continue to visit you and run errands for you." He said, even though their relationship seemed better now he couldn't find happiness in the moment. Her hair was gone and all that she kept on head was a teal skull cap. "Minki says that your song is currently number one on the charts." He continued. She stayed silent, her finger to turn the page of her book.

 

She nodded, and closed her book, deciding that he wouldn't take her silent treatment longer. 'Why am I doing this?' She wondered, then remembered her fight with Andy over her coming here and refusal to give Hyesung the full details. "Minki says we are alike. Do you see it?" She asked him, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I wanted to know if you did." She finished, lowering her tone to that of a whispered. 'Damn. I turned into them.' She scolded herself. She hated how she turned so weak. Since dating, making friends and being an idol she knew she was changing. And she hated it, because she also felt her control over things slip away. Like now, the old her would have refused to come, lied and say she did just to make others stop asking. 'Old me.' She whispered, she never used that term for herself before.

 

"We are." He answered, taking her from her musings. "Really?" She asked. He nodded, not looking at her, eyes staring at the IV bag that dripped slowly. "I know you take after me. Even when it doesn't seem like it." He answered. 'Does he know about how I am?' She asked herself, he never seemed like one who looked over anything. "Do you hate me?" She asked him. Her father sighed at her statement. "No, I don't see why you think that I do. I did come her to visit you." He answered, it was still in his usual cold tone but it seemed like he honestly didn't get her reasoning. Micha smiled weakly at his answered, looking at him wondering if he was serious. "Really? You you don't see why I think that way?" She asked, slanting her eyes slowly at him. "You don't understand why I would think you hate me? You sent me away. Refused to contact me, or look at me. No matter what I did. Or how perfect I became." She dug her fingers into her arm, the heart monitor picking up on her increasing heart rate.

 

"It is so weird though. I hate you and at the same time want to please you. Bu-but I don't know why. And you seem know everything. So answer me. Why am I like this? Why am I different? Why can't I do anything right without causing others to worry?" She cried, clenching her teeth to hold her from screaming. He let her get it out her system, he wasn't one to talk to people who couldn't control their emotions. He waited patiently until her heart rate slowed down into a good position. "Micha." He called, when she didn't answer him he sighed, "You aren't sick mentally. And I don't hate you. These are two things I know." He said sternly.

 

"Minki said we were close before. If that was true why did you send me away? Why can't I remember?" She whispered. He sighed, causing her to look up at him. "I sent you away to help you." He paused when she cursed under her breath. "You said your brother said we were alike. We are, I admit that. When you were younger you stuck by my side, as if you needed me to acknowledge you existed. When your mother started her tantrums you did this more often, some times in tears asking me who you were. Asking me questions like 'What did you usually do' and 'How to fix your flaws'. Staying in that environment would have been bad for you, turning you into something worse then you could imagine." He said. Micha paused him, asking him how this made them alike. She felt odd when he actually looked like he was about to smile.

 

"Because like you, I fit others into a mold. If they don't fit into it I try to get used to their change. When that becomes impossible I shut them out. It wasn't until your mother came along that I realized this wasn't a way to live." He explained, now looking at her with stern eyes. "When you started to change I realized that it was best to send you somewhere away from harm. I could see you inherited more than just my blood. And that frightened me. I didn't want you to become this way. But I knew you could never change back into the old you. I choose the lesser of two evils." He held her eyes, not at all breaking the contact.

 

But Micha did, she looked down at her hands and nodded. She understood how he got to that, she would have done the same. "Mother?" She asked. Her father told her simply that he was in a home resting at the moment and something she should worry about now. Micha wiped her tears and looked around the room. Neither of them were comforters so it grew quiet in the hospital room. "Do you think I will get better?" She asked him. When he didn't answer she thought he figured she wasn't going to make it out of there. "Father?" She asked, she saw that he was deep in thought, closing his eyes again.

 

"Micha, I do not have the answer to that. And I don't want you to think on it, will bring you unneeded worry and cause you stress." He answered after collecting his thoughts. Micha froze, she didn't know how to process this. She had hoped that he would tell her that but at the same time she understood why he did. They were estranged for so long. Micha then remembered how people reacted that to her own personal demons. "Father. I want you to know. I didn't tell Hyesung about this. Did I do the right thing?" She asked him, voiced laced with confusion and worry. Her father actually smiled at this, shaking his head a bit before giving her an answer.

 

"I told you before. Are you prepared for the outcome that comes with that decision? Will you be ready to face his anger or hurt? Even if he chooses to cut you out completely." Her father said, allowing to sink all of this in. "I have to cut our visit short today. I hope you make your choices wisely. Remember, this isn't the end yet. You are still alive." Micha watched her father walk out of the door with wide eyes. Images of her and Hyesung flashed though her mind, with her father's voice echoing in the background. As if something in her snapped she let out a harsh scream. Her breath was shortening and the room suddenly felt like it was caving in.

 

'Help me.' She thought to herself clutching her chest as she searched around the alarm to call in a nurse. 'Hyesung.' She cried to herself praying that someone would show up, tears filling her eyes. "Damn it. Another attack now." She bit her inner cheek. Taking in the metallic taste as a distraction from the pain her body was forcing upon her. 'This I can control.' she told herself as she continued, not letting up even when the nurses rushed into her room in a blur. Micha felt her consciousness starting to slip, the nurses asking her can she hear them turning into a lullaby. 'He wouldn't want to be near this. He is too soft hearted to have to sit beside me during this.' her final thought as she decided that it would be best to take a rest.