Chapter 43

Reaching You

"Hello and welcome to KBS's new show 'Debate-dols., lets clap for our round table." Jae Suk said to the main camera. The camera panned out, slowly show the four idols and main mc. "They were all chosen because of their way with words and how they hold themselves." He finished. The idols smiled at the last part, slowly ending the clapping to start the introductions. The camera went to the first idol, Kyuhyun. "Annyeonghaso, I am Super Junior's Kyuhyun. I am known for my sharp words." He said, giving a wave to the live audience. "Annyeonghaso, I am Goo Hara. I am a member of KARA." Hara said, smiling at the camera. "Hello, I am Lily. I am going to be the western view member." Lily said, shyly tucking her hair behind her ear as the camera gave her a solo shot. "And I am Lee Joon of MBLAQ. I guess I am the nice panel member." He said earning laughs from all. The camera went back to Jae Suk.

 

"These idols are going to debate and share their thoughts on common issues that were sent into the studio." He said. "Risking their image all the while." He finished, smiling at the shocked looks on the idols faces. "I guess I am ok since I don't have an image yet." Lily laughed, seeming happy that she was the rookie of the bunch. "You have an image." Kyuhyun rebutted, pointing his note cards at her. "The exchange student who is too straightforward." He said, laughing as the two glared at each other. "You three were just on a show with each other." Jae Suk realized, the camera showed a split screen of Lee Joon, Lily and Kyuhyun. "Mamma Mia, I think we must have been a good team." Lee Joon said, then laughed when Kyuhyun mentioned him and Lily being the episode's 'arranged marriage couple'.

 

The camera cut to a large monitor behind Jae Suk, "What are your thoughts on..."  he started, waiting as the monitor flashed different questions before ending on one. "Idol dating?" He finished, the panel all clapped at how this question seemed easier than the scarier questions like 'ual themed comebacks' or 'Smoking/Drinking idols in public'. Hara sighed loudly at the question and covered her eyes. Not wanting to do this one. "I think idols should date, but they should also hold themeselves differently after dating." Lily said, surprisingly starting the debate. "How so?" Jae Suk asked her. She started to wave her hands around as the right train of thought came to her. "Like make sure that if they are using their sns to talk to their love one they word it in a way not for fans to confuse with. Or changing their ideal type to match the person so when news does come out it won't be too shocking to---what?" She asked Kyuhyun who just laughed  and said nothing.

 

"So you wouldn't reveal yourself if you were dating?" He asked her. "Would you?" She countered, matching his playful tone. "No, because fans love their idols and coming out would ruin their fantasy of you. Especially if they don't like the other half." He said, earning agreement from Lily. "Hara you did come out. How was it like?" Jae Suk asked her. Hara thought for a moment, "It was easier in a way. There wasn't a need for sneaking but it is like those two said. If fans don't like your other half you risk losing them. But it is still hard because when the relationship ends, if a fan was a fan of the couple they feel the need to add input as to who is to blame." She said, using past experience as reference.

 

 "I am tempted to date but the scary part aside from the public is the idol. They could have dated anyone and when you look into their exes you find yourself asking, 'How did they go from ___ to me?' or 'They dated this many people?'. There are so many things you have to look into if you really want to date the person." Lee Joon said, admitting that dating a fellow idol is scarier than dating in high school. Lily nodded at his comment. "Also scandals and if you want to risk your image for that person. Because if worst comes to worst the person with the clean image might come out of the relationship with a now dirty one. And the one with a dark resume will just be looked over as an 'I knew it'." Kyuhyun added. The panel all agreed with him.

 

"So would any of you date a non idol/celeb?" Jae Suk asked the panel. Hara and Lee Joon shook their heads. "You have to worry about that person having the want to brag about you and show off that they are dating you." Hara said, using the example of a child with a rare trading card. "Also if news gets out than who is going to protect them? They will be basically on their own while the idol is protected." Lee Joon said. "What if they are the one to reveal the relationship?" Kyuhyun asked. "Dump them." Lily said quickly, earning laughs at her out of nowhere imput.

 

"I am sure when the relationship started the two went over ground rules of how they must keep it secret. That and common sense will tell the non celeb half, 'Ok, this is that person's career and I care for them. I have to keep this hidden or I could ruin them.' " Lily said easily. "So if your boyfriend were to do that to you..." Kyuhyun said. "He would be my ex. That would be fair since I will be stuck doing damage control and picking up pieces." She said, earning claps from the audience. "How do you feel about idol dating shows? Do they seem sincere?" Jae Suk asked reading the next question. "They can be but there are scripted moments." Lee Joon said, then went over his own time on We Got Married. "You grow close to the person and feel for them as if it might actually become true. You two being an item, but then off set you remember it is just a show and coming out of it actually dating is a rare thing." He said, listing off a few famous WGM real couples. "The show, Romancing the Idol?" Lily asked, Hara nodded that it was the shows name. "I was asked to be on season three but Andy refused. His exact words were, 'The camera would make you into the couple they want you to be. When you watch it you would be surprised at how they turned you into a cute couple with someone you saw as a friend while filming.', are his words true?" She asked the other panelists.

 

"It is. If the editing wants to they can change a couple of lovebirds into a cheesy couple or the argumentive couple into a cute one. They can also edit it to make one half seem too good for the other." Kyuhyun said, remembering other SM idols dating show appearances. "The power of the edit]ting team is the scary thing here." Hara said, earning a laugh from Lily. "In America though, everyone is so open to dating. It must have been a huge change for you." Jae Suk said to Lily. "You dated openly?" Lee Joon asked her, earning a playful slap on the shoulder.

 

"Seeing celebrities date was so common. It was seeing them break up that hurt because with each new couple you feel yourself rooting for them to get married. I myself when on two dates but never actually had some to call 'mine' when I lived in America. But yes, it was a big change from seeing celebs be totally open to seeing them hid every personal thing that didn't fit their image." Lily explained, listing Justin Timberlake and Britany Spears as a couple she rooted to death for. "How would you all feel if other idols flirted with the person you secretly dated?" Jae Suk asked. Kyuhyun laughed and asked if they were supposed to use this as a what if. "I wanted to make. But I would be ok with it on camera since it is part of being an idol. To a point, if I see the other idol act like that to her off camera I would have to speak to him. " He said, earning cheers from some of the female audience. "How would you speak to them?" Lily asked, smiling at the thought. "I would tell them if they didn't I will have no mercy on them if they appeared on a show I MC'ed." He said, making her laughed at how she could actually believe him doing that.

 

"While Kyuhyun does that approach, I would explain to them that she was seeing someone without revealing myself as the person. Then asked if they could change their ideal type to someone else." Lee Joon said. Lily asked him the same question she asked Kyuhyun. "Then I would send Kyuhyun on him." Lee Joon laughed, labeling Kyuhyun as the 'last resort'. "If I was on the show as well I would purposely stand next to him or pair her with another idol. But if I wasn't there I would call in a favor from a friend and get them to block her from him." Hara said, covering her face when the other panelist asked if she really did that. "I would probably not do anything. But if he took to her advances I would ask him if he was intrested in her that way. Then see how our will relationship would fair by his answer." Lily said calmly, nodding to herself. "What if they said they did?" Hara asked her. Lily thought for a moment, "Then I would let him go. It would feel awkward to stand between them." She said giving a nervous laugh.

 

"Omo, Lily really is a relationship newbie. That was a first love type answer." Kyuhyun teased making the younger female smile. "Was that too weak of me?" She asked the panelist who all nodded, causing her to cross her arms and rethink her words. "You send Kyuhyun on her and remind him why he is with you." Hara said to her, earning cheers. The camera cut to Jae Suk. "That is all the time we have for today's episode of 'Debate-dols', come back next Sunday as we take on a new issue." He said to the camera as it zoomed out. Showing the idols and audience clapping to the beat of the theme song.

-------------------

 

Micha turned off the television. 'Of course this would air now.' She told herself, half smirking at the timing of the episode's release. "Oh well. Water under the bridge." She mumbled and looked around her. She has been hiding in her room working in private on her big project. Music sheets, scrap lyrics and drawings of outfits laid scattered around her room. Peanut was currently sleeping in the living room, hiding from the sight. "I have to keep moving forward." She said pumping herself up as she now smiled at her fourth completed song.

 

She wanted to try to make at least one song for each person who helped her became who she currently was. The song she wrote for Hyesung came to her easily, surprising her by how fast it did. The fact that the song gave her a warm feeling just told her that it was 'the' song. Micha covered her grin and looked at the music sheet beside it. It was the song she wrote for her friends. It was hard for her a bit, but she did it.

 

The latest song though, that was what caused her to hole herself up. She actually wrote a song for her father. It was Minki's idea, he said it would be 'the final thing that releases them from the past properly.' Micha liked the idea of that so she went with it. She hummed the soft melody  as she walked into the kitchen of her dorm. "Now I need an album title and to see if Minki got his part done." She told herself. Her twin was currently looking up locations to film, even making a storyboard for her self-made music video idea. The idea of the music video was to show fans a look at Micha, Lily before Lily almost. Micha was pleased when her twin said he would play a part in her big plan, he did have better people skills than her and knew those who could help just because it was him asking.

 

"Food. Food." Micha mumbled, biting her lip as she scanned the cabinets. So far her cabinets looked bare except for a can good here and there. She would go out for street food but… Micha glanced down at her outfit. Her hair was in a high messy bun and she was wearing an oversized navy sweatshirt with grey leggings. "No to that plan." She answered her own unasked question. She was about to order takeout when her doorbell rang. "Is that oppa?" She asked Peanut, confused at the fact he would be here. Micha glanced at the clock reading four am. 'Why is here at an odd hour?' she wondered and walked towards the door. She stood on her toes and glanced through the eyehole, it looked like him but she wasn't sure since the figure wasn't completely in the hallway's light. Figuring it was a prank by him or another Shinhwa member she started to unlocked the door until the person on the other side started to bang on her door.

 

"Oppa?" Micha asked, a bit frightened. The banging didn't stop even when she rose her voice. "Who is this?" She yelled now. The reply she heard was not what she wanted to hear. At all. It was a male fan screaming his love for her and his need to cleanse her. "Go away before I get the cops." Micha shouted at him, trying to sound tough. The male kept banging and screaming at her. "Why won't you let me in? Don't you love me?" He shouted scaring her. Micha picked Peanut up and speed walked to her phone ready to dial for help.

 

She didn't even get to put in the second '1' in the number before she felt her hair stand on ends. Slowly she turned to the doorway, not liking the feeling that was coming to her. She bit the inside of her cheek when she saw the doorknob was loosening before her eyes. A screw fell to the floor and that was when she knew she had to find a way out of there.