Chapter 46

Reaching You

"Please turn right for me" the stage hand said as she made adjustments to Micha's outfit. She was wearing a navy sleeveless dress that have bronze stripes going about the skirt and white lace triming. On her collar was a white choker and a brown beret sat on her head as her hair fell down her back, curled and shiny. Slowly Micha turned until the stage hand tapped her to let her know when to stop. "I don't understand how you got so tiny. Fifteen pounds in a month? We will have to force feed you soon." Her manager said smiling at the thought. 'I wish it was as simple.' Micha thought to herself. It has been two weeks since her hospital visit. Just a week since her visit with the doctor and her biopsy. And in all that time she still have yet to tell anyone. Not Minki, not Sunny, not Hyomin, her father or even Hyesung. "We are going to need make up for this bruise you have on your shoulder. It looks pretty bad." A passing by make up artist told her point out said bruise peaking out from behind the sleeveless dress, right in her shoulder. Micha bit her lip and blinked quickly to stop her emotions from coming out. 'Another damn thing.' She gave the mirror a cruel smile. "Do you know where it came from?" Her manager asking her. "The gym, used a bar that was too heavy." Micha said softly, slowly detaching herself from her current place. "I will be more careful. Can I sit down please?" Not waiting for a response she walked to the closest chair. 

 

The room was quiet as she walked to her seat. 'Just breathe.' She told herself, feeling light-headed all of a sudden. "Why is it like this?" She whispered and sighed deeply before looking up. 'You can handle this. Just keep it up.' She told herself and wiped her eyes. "When will the shoot start?" She asked the crew once she centered herself. "Are you ok?" Her manager asked her as the make up artists started to do their work. "Yup. I am great."She told them with her best smile and put on her strongest mask that would put any actress to shame.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Micha laughed at the joke Sunny just told. "And then he said "Yah, do you even know who is on your team? As if I didn't remember he shot me last round of paintball." She said, finishing her story of her small SMTOWN group stress relief. Hyomin and Micha commented on how crazy she was for doing so much. "Micha, you barely ate any of the cake." Hyomin commented pouting childishly as Micha rolled her eyes playfully. The girls were together to celebrate her song being number one without promotions. was bothering her to the point were it was a chore for her at times to even talk for long periods. So Andy let it be a stand alone promotion. "I am full." Micha said, but decided to amuse Hyo by taking another half spoonful of cake. "So how are you doing?" Hyomin asked taking the rest of her cake to eat for herself. Micha raised a brow at her asking her to continue. " Since the incident. I mean you asked Hyesung-sunbae to watch Peanut for you and you seem more sluggish." She squeezed Micha's foot softly. "Yeah, just. Still in shock from the ordeal you know." Micha said softly, her voice hurt her when she went above a certain volume now. "Are you sure you are ok?" Sunny asked her, sighing sadly when just Micha nodded. 

 

" I heard there is going to be a little party at CLUB Lulu and it will be super fun if you came with us." Hyomin said wiggling her shoulders enthusiastically. "Sorry, I don't think I can make it. I have an appointment." Micha said shyly as Hyomin looked at her in defeat. "Hyo stop, she doesn't want to go out right now." Sunny chided and looked to Micha "Do you need another blanket?" She asked her. Micha and Hyomin just watched at Sunny quickly moved to grab one at the closet. "I am good mom." She said when Sunny started to cover her legs. "Geez Sunny you have a new favorite?" Hyomin asked in an agyeo voice. "Oh shoo." Sunny said, slapping Hyomin bum as she moved to a different couch. "Sunny I am fine. What is going on?" Micha asked, lowering the second cover down because she felt too hot.  Sunny turned of her heels and took a deep breath. "Are you sure you are ok?" She asked Micha again. "You are tired a lot, don't even eat and then that nosebleed the other day? What is going on?" Sunny asked her, Hyomin quickly scooted forward shaking her head quickly. "We said we would wait for her to tell us." Hyomin stage whispered. "Guys, what is going on?" Micha asked, sounding alarm. "Are you pregnant?" Sunny asked quickly causing Micha to cough from shock.

 

"My sister showed these stages. Well some of them. She did have morning sickness and a picky appetite. I mean sometimes she even got light headed. The nosebleed , well it could be from stress but just know we are here for you and hope you tell Hyesung with ease."Sunny said quickly in one breath. Taking a very deep breath when she finished. "What? No." Micha said, looking at the two of them then chuckling at the thought. "Guys I can't get pregant." She said between her laughs. Her friends stared at her as she laughed alone. "I can't have a family. I can barely walk up a fleet of stairs. How can I care for someone right now when I know I am going to die soon? That seems silly right? That I am going to die and you thought I  would be giving life to someone else." She kept laughing, telling herself that the tears she felt on her face was from everything being so funny. "Michi? What is going on?" Hyomin asked her as they moved to sit on both sides of their friends. "I am dying. I have leukemia and it is acute." She said then looked at both of them. "I am really scared. I don't know what is going to happen to me and I really really don't want to find out." Micha said, coming off as a small child to the older females. "Come here." Sunny said first and pulled the slightly taller female into her arms. 

 

"It will be ok. I promise." She cooed as Hyomin rubbed her back. As Micha cried in her arms the two older females met eyes. Both red from holding back the wave of tears they badly wanted to release. Hyomin looked ready to break right then and all it took was for Sonny's slight nod for her to cry along with Micha. As Minnie kept telling Micha how they are going to stay with her the whole time and Sunny stayed strong to become a pillar for the two.

 

'If I cry too Micha will be too scared to tell others the truth. I have to be strong so she will be too.' Sunny told herself and prayed the Hyesung will be as well.