Chapter 1: A new environment

Unknown love 알 수없는 사랑 (uncompleted)

Author's POV.

 

 

  You let the memories drift through your vivid mind, endlessly replaying like an all time favorite movie. Laughter, tears, smiles and pain. Memories they called it. You rashly took a step into the cold open air. Freely you let your arms wide open, taking a deep breath in; you let your eyes freely shut, feeling the embrace of the sun hit your cold, slender body. The breeze of the wind along with the shaded color of the trees made the aroma sense the autumn feel. You felt the hot tears steam up in your closed eyes.

Forcefully you compressed yourself into a smile. 

You took a deep breath in, opening your eyes to blurry view.

You placed your right hand over your chest, "Is this what love really feels like?" 

····· 

You tightened your grip on the straps of your knapsack. You puffed, trying to blow the little strands of hair that untucked behind your ear, "Aissh..." You muffled. You sighed releasing one of your hands that gripped on to your knapsack; tucking the loose strands of hair behind your ear.

*The start of something new.*

You looked straight as you entered the gates of the new high school you were now attending. Students filled the area. Your brushed off the little pieces of lint on your kilt. You then straightened out the ruffles on the edge your blazer, straightening the wrinkles out. You noticed the woven badge across your navy blue blazer. It was in the shape of a crest, dividing into four sections. In each section there was a letter on one of the four areas, "S. S. P.A" which what you guess stood for the initials of "Seoul's School for the Performing Arts." You admired it for a while. It was designed very nicely. The colors used contrasted each other bringing out the design more. You were wearing the winter uniform, even though winter was not approaching, the weather did start to change; feeling a bit more chilly outside.

"KyungMi!" You heard someone call for you. You spun around looking for the familiar voice that called your name.

The ends of your lips curved into a small smile.

The boy made his way forward adjusting the straps of his knapsack. He smiled brightly, bringing out his full appearance. He gave you a one arm hugged when he reached you, "KyungMi! You're finally here! Wow, is that really you?! How has everything been? Does MInSeo know you're here?"

You warmly smiled at him, it's been a few years since you've seen him you've missed his friendly hugs, his bubbly attitude but most of all his comfort. He was one of your best friends and he always had your back, "How have you been?" You simply asked him. You saw how much he's changed since the last time you saw him. His hair had been dyed to a few shades lighter than his natural hair color. He wasn't one of the tallest boys you knew but he was certainly taller than you. 

"That doesn't answer my question," Minwoo pouted.

You smiled. You missed him so much. You were glad he wasn't mad at you unlike the way some other people were in the case of you disappearing, you blame your mother for that idea; but it was just a case of life. You were just happy that Minwoo didn't hold any grudges. "Okay, okay you big baby," you joked, "No one besides you knows I'm back," You uneasily bit your bottom lip. If things hadn't had happen you wouldn't have to sacrifice a whole lot of things.

"Oh, I see.. Don't worry everything will be okay." Minwoo patted your back.

You smiled in response. You were glad you were back. You were glad you told Minwoo. He knew when to make you smile and laugh when times were tough. Although you knew that one day he wouldn't be there for you. You just knew how it would work. That at some point you can't always have him by your side. "You know if you laugh often you'll live longer?" Minwoo told you.

You slightly chuckled, "You're gonna live long." You said.

"Who knows. It's all God's plan to debate on how long I'll live." Minwoo looked out the large glass window that outcastes the front entrance of the school. The autumn was almost done, and winter would soon be on it's way. The rustling of the trees and the change of color on the leaves gave away that winter would be approaching soon; having trees left with only branches, "KyungMi-ah let's head to the office. You need to get your timetable and locker number. No slacking off. Araseo?"

"Deh umma. I will work my harderest for you umma!~" You teased while you both entered the office. 

-----

The secretary filed your papers and wheeled herself on the computer chair from left to right. She looked like she was in her mid-fourties, "Choi KyungMi?" She called your name; her voice was sweet. She handed you your papers, "I've check your records and you're all good to go. You've entered under the arts for vocal, is that correct?" She asked. You nodded your head as your response. "You know, every year there's an annul dance and sing off to show your best and winner gets a scholarship, I've heard that you have an amazing voice. I see a bright future for you." She winked at you, and slipped a small flyer into your hands. 

You bowed your head at the lady as you took the papers from her hands, "Gamsahabnida." You said and smiled.

You pulled Minwoo to the side, "Woah now .. what's the rush?"

"You've gotta stop boasting me." You complained; rolling your eyes.

Minwoo smirked, "But it's the truth, can't deny it." Minwoo grabbed your timetable. He scanned through your classes, "You have science on the 2 floor. Once you go up the stair case on the right, on the left there's a pathway going into the Westside of the building. Four classrooms down and then make a right, the first door on the right will be 236," Minwoo paused, "Your welcome."

*Since when was he this cocky?* "Well then can you tell me where my locker is?" You asked. "Go down the hall it's near the stair case, you should be able to find the the locker somewhere there. I have to go, I have lunch with you though, I'll see you later. Don't get lost! Class will be starting soon!" He bid before taking off.

You looked at your timetable, *Mission: not to get lost on the first day.* You sighed making your way across the long hallway. 

.....

You walked through the crowd of students down the hall. The sound of voices gossipping was heard.

"Do we know her?"
 
"She must be a transfer."
 
"She's quite pretty.."
 
"There's two transfers coming in today, one's from America."
 
"They said the transfer from America came to Seoul because their mother died."
 
"You think that's her?"
 
"Jong-Jae! Shutup! She's coming this way!"
 
 
You focused your eyes on your timetable, ignoring what was being said around the halls. You found your locker. You were still receiving odd stares from others, *I'm not from America..* A small flashback was replaying through your mind. The sound of the car's engine started and finish with the screeching of the breaks; the wheels trying to stop themselves. *Appa..*

 

······

why hello there ~^^ how did you think of the first chapter ? kinda boring eh ? Well, this chapter introduces the first 2 characters & some future characters.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe ! 

take care ! xoxo