Chapter 1

My Seatmate Is A Big Bully

Chapter 1

 

“Hello, uncle. Where are you?” she paused and continued, “10 minutes more? Okay, fine. But hurry up!” She hung up the phone and waited at the airport for her uncle.

 

And 10 minutes later, as expected, he came. “Hana, mianhae. I have something that I needed to settle immediately just now. Again, I’m sorry.” Uncle Park said after they met there. “Mianhae? I’m sorry, I can’t understand it,” Park Hana replied while rising her eyebrows. She seriously did not know anything about Hangul. She did know some, but come on. Being exposed to English for ages, how can she still know Hangul like before. Uncle Park understood her reaction and started to explain the meaning of “MIANHAE”

Uncle Park drove the car and stopped in front of a house, I bet it was a mansion. “So, here we are.” He said while looking at Hana. “Well, I think I’m going to stay in a house, not a mansion.” she was quite surprise. “This house belongs to your late parents. And now it is yours.” Hana nodded and gave him a smile.

 

“But I think…that…you know, a house…that smaller than that one? Something like an apartment. I mean…mmm…”

 

“What do you want to say?” Uncle Park cut her words and continued his word. “Do you want to stay alone?”

 

“Hurmm…I think…yeah…can’t I? I just want to stand on my own feet. Please?” and she gave her uncle the cutest looking eyes ever.

 

”Oh shoot! Close your eyes. Why do you always do that? Okay, I will. I will find an apartment. Why you didn’t tell me earlier? So that I didn’t need to see your eyes.” Uncle Park’s answer make both of them laugh.

 

Her uncle took her to a room. “But tonight, you need to sleep in this room, okay?” Hana looked at him. “Okay, Uncle.” She answered cheerfully while watching Uncle Park walking towards the door. “Oh yeah, Hana. Before I forget something, tomorrow, you’ll be going to school.” Her uncle said. “What? School? Seriously? Oh, I just hate you, Uncle.”

He smiled and closed the door. Hana lean on her bed. She unlocked her phone and saw a picture of a happy family. That picture reminded her of her family and the day when she lost her family.

 

Hana’s flashback

Appa drove the car while eomma sat next to him. We were going home after enjoying ourselves in an amusement park.

“Hana, you are a scary cat. Hahaha! It is so funny, afraid of rollercoaster. You are really pathetic.” Oppa teases me. He is trying to make me angry. I hit his lap and “Ouch! It is hurt!” He said while rubbing his lap, maybe to reduce the pain. Eomma and appa just give us a smile. We are happy family. I always hope that we will last forever.

Suddenly, appa is panic.

“What is wrong?” Eomma asked him.
 

“The brake. It is not working.”
 

“Are you serious?”

“Am I joking right now?”

Then I saw a truck coming towards us. “Appa! Look!” I said while pointing my finger to the truck. Appa look at it and “BOOOM!!” Our car hit the truck. We were all blooding. I tried to wake my appa, he did not give me any respond. So did mom. And I looked at my brother, he was dying. Then I saw someone came. He took me out of the car, then he took my brother and placed him by my side.

“Hana,” oppa paused. “I do not think that I can protect you when you’re in a high school. It is hurt. You must keep going and remember, be strong and I always in your heart with appa and eomma.”

“Oppa! Do not leave me. Oppa!” It was such a waste. He was already gone. He would not come back to me even if I called him for a thousand times.
 

End of flashback
 

The door was knocked. It surprised Hana. The flashback was gone after she saw Uncle Park at the door.  He was smiling towards her.

“Is there anything that you need, Uncle?”

“Oh no. I just forgot to wish good night for you. Have a sweet dream honey. And sleeps early. You need to go to school tomorrow!”

Hana pouted and Uncle Park smiled to her while closing the door. After that Hana turned off the light and she slowly flew into dream.