Drama Watch: Shut Up Flower Boy Band

▌♚ ▌ ※ h a l l y u r e v i e w ※ ▌♚ ▌
silenced.png

Shut UpFlower Boy Band.

Drama Watch

Episode Count: 16

Episode I'm On: (Finished)

About 닥지고 꽂미남 밴드: Eye Candy, a 6-member band led by the insane Byung-Hee, dominate the indie rock scene in their old neighborhood and school. But when the school closes down, forcing them to attend a "rich" school, they must now compete against the big band on campus, "Strawberry Fields".

And when tragedy strikes, its up to Jin-hyuk to take over and lead the band to success.

Thoughts: I LOVED this drama. Its not everyday that I say this about a musical drama ( Really didn't like Dream High 2), but I really liked this one. The title I know it by, "닥지고, 꽂미남 밴드", is what really got me to watch it. I mean, a drama starring Flower Boys? Count me in! The music was just a plus.

The relationship between the boys was so real and it made me wish I actually had....friends...

Notable moments: *SPOILERS* When Byung-hee died. My sister had told me someone dies in the first couple of episodes. I had grown attached to Byung-hee, and then they kill him off. How? An 18-wheeler rams into him.

Damn.

What really crushed me was when, a couple episodes later, someone describes it by saying, "His face was so bloody, he couldn't even tell which way was left and which was right."

The music in this drama was EXCELLENT! There were two songs that I really liked: Jaywalking and Today, both sung by the handsome Sung Joon.

Notable actor: Three: Sung Joon (Jin-hyuk), Min Ki (Byung-Hee), and Hyun Jae (Do-Il). Sung Joon reminded me a lot of TOP from BIGBANG, with his voice and tall-ness. He is very....very 꽂미남-like.

Lee Min-ki is a really good actor and his cameo in the series really sets off the whole plot. I saw him in the movie 해운대 and fell in freaking love with him. He's also in the drama I really, really like you.

Hyun-Jae is just plain y. He is a drummer for the indie rock band Mate. I don't know for sure, but I am convinced he isn't fully Korean. Is he? Please tell me.

Should you watch it? : Its like Dream High, only the themes are a little more mature. If you liked DH, you should watch this. Even if you didn't like DH, you should watch this. If you're a fan of INFINITE, you should definitely watch (L is in it).

Rating: 6/5