Netflix Instant Queue: Sunny

▌♚ ▌ ※ h a l l y u r e v i e w ※ ▌♚ ▌
silenced.png

Sunny.

Netflix Instant Queue

About Sunny: Sunny (써니) is a film about six friends who make up a group, later named Sunny (써니). The adventures begin in the 1980s, when new girl Na-mi leaves the countryside of Jeolla and starts attending a new high school in Seoul. On her first day, she meets Chun-Hwa, the loyal leader of the pack. Chun-hwa and Na-mi (along with Jang-mi (Large and in love with 쌍꺼풀), Bok-hee (Future Miss Korea), Jin-hee (excellent curser),  and later Su-ji (the hard-to-please face of the group) become great friends.

However, present-day Chun-hwa is dying early and her last wish is to reunite Sunny .

Thoughts: OMG Best Movie ever! Well...in my opinion. Almost every second had me doubled over laughing. My favorite character? Jang-mi, with her obsession with beauty and her outrageous attempts to sell insurance. The girls and their friendships were very realistic and heart-warming. Even though Na-mi was new, the members of Sunny already treated her like they've known her forever. There were numerous shout-outs to well known K-Pop groups (I.e. the rival group being called 소녀시대 [and later Fin.K.Le], Jang-mi suggesting they be called "Wonder Girls").

The smooth transitions between 1980s and 2011 made following the storyline very easy, too.

*Note* I might not be the only one who thought this movie was awesome, because "Sunny" sold almost 5,000,000 tickets during the year, making it the first film in SK to do so! But...I had to have been like..25% of that...

Notable moments: *SPOILERS* There were several, one being the scene where 소녀시대 and our main 6 battle it out in the midst of a peace (but not peaceful) protest. Then, there was the one where Sunny goes to confront Na-mi's daughter's bullies. Another was the scene where Su-ji gets injured during the festival by a girl who was sniffing glue. Finally, the end, where Chun-Hwa has died and her will is being read. They do the dance they were supposed to do at the festival (the one where Suji gets hurt), making that scene even more beautiful.

Notable actor: Kim Si Hoo (Han Jun Ho in the film). Even though the scenes he was in were short and he didn't have many lines. He played an important part in Na-mi's life and he is HAWT. That whole 1980s look really works for him (Love Rain, anyone?)!

Should you watch it? : It's the kind of comedy movie that's funny every time you watch it (I've seen it like...4 times already), so you should see it! As of 7/4/2013, it is available on Netflix .

Rating: 5/5